The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

haoKRR

Reaction score
those that use By Vilain's Wax/Clay, dont u find it super difficult to wash? Also any shampoo that u guys use and its very effective to wash off the wax?

just got a hair cut and hair stylist say my hair and scalp oily.. high chance becos i never wash off the wax thoroughly..
Yeah I feel u..

My Gatsby is finishing and someone recommended me blind barber 90.
My requirements are matte finish, water soluble, medium hold.

Sent from HTC One M9 using GAGT

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested?
Can give some away.
Self collect.
Use ale tell me good anot. So I can bring in.
164CD923-2CCD-4922-89CC-D5E9E12BEB41_zpsjf03nudj.jpg

nichsong

Reaction score
Do give the products a shot guys. Personally found the flux to be quite good. Smooth, matte finish that has a lot of natural flow in the hold (something different from the hardcore kind of hold that By Vilain products give) which is surprisingly pretty lasting(in my experience). Could be the petrolatum content in the product - Personally find that it helps with holding up in our weather. (By Vilain products contain petrolatum too) Do note that I pre-styled with SSS too.

Anyone interested?
Can give some away.
Self collect.
Use ale tell me good anot. So I can bring in.
164CD923-2CCD-4922-89CC-D5E9E12BEB41_zpsjf03nudj.jpg

Mogan23

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
those that use By Vilain's Wax/Clay, dont u find it super difficult to wash? Also any shampoo that u guys use and its very effective to wash off the wax?

just got a hair cut and hair stylist say my hair and scalp oily.. high chance becos i never wash off the wax thoroughly..
I use silver fox and find it hard to wash out too, and after washing out my hair us very dry :(

Sent from pulau semakau offshore landfill using GAGT

losthopeguy

Reaction score
Hi Gaoxing,

eh ask u ah, do u know why BB90 product will have like some oil looking pool collecting in the product itself ah?

I did not purchase from u on this but since u r also a carrier of the product and a hair guru, just hope to find some answers.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Gaoxing,

eh ask u ah, do u know why BB90 product will have like some oil looking pool collecting in the product itself ah?

I did not purchase from u on this but since u r also a carrier of the product and a hair guru, just hope to find some answers.

No idea. I also have the same thing. I think due to our climate. That's why have. It's not cooking oil but maybe it's a separation of the ingredients.

nichsong

Reaction score
Could be the heat due to our climate. I do find that some of my products soften as well over a period of time

Hi Gaoxing,

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By vilain is hard to wash because of your shampoo used. It's a strong product. Somehow or rather it will be slightly harder to wash off.

Those who want Carter supply. Pls pm me.

First come first serve. Anyway the product don't have any scent. As far as I know. Haha

dj_flame

Reaction score
Clear for men :(

What shampoo should I use instead?
Recently stole this from my mom. This is good stuff, going to be my go-to from now on:

Aubrey Organics Blue Chamomile Shampoo

AUB-08711-11.jpg

It needs to be shaken up before use, just like with the Morris Motley Oil. The shampoo comes out like thick brown maple syrup, and its lather is not aggressive, but just enough for shampooing. So I suspect it's full of nice organic ingredients.

Ingredient list as follows:
Aqua, lauryl glucoside‡ (from coconut/beet sugar), decyl glucoside‡ (from coconut/corn sugar), sodium lauroyl lactylate (plant source), aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, leuconostoc/radish root ferment filtrate, alcohol denat. (38b, lavender), glycerin, glyceryl caprylate, oryza sativa (rice) extract*, sodium cocoyl hydrolyzed soy protein§, argania spinosa (argan) nut oil*, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, linoleic acid (vitamin F), tanacetum annuum (moroccan blue chamomile) oil*, glyceryl undecylenate, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), sodium phytate, xanthan gum, tocopherol (vitamin E), linolenic acid (vitamin F), equisetum hyemale (horsetail) extract, tussilago farfara (coltsfoot) leaf extract.

Last edited:

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently stole this from my mom. This is good stuff, going to be my go-to from now on:

Aubrey Organics Blue Chamomile Shampoo

AUB-08711-11.jpg

It needs to be shaken up before use, just like with the Morris Motley Oil. The shampoo comes out like thick brown maple syrup, and its lather is not aggressive, but just enough for shampooing. So I suspect it's full of nice organic ingredients.

Ingredient list as follows:
I heard this is good stuff too. Been itchy to but one from iherb, but my shampoos still a lot haven't finished

Sent from Samsung GT-I9505 using CM13 using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.