The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4rkm4st3r

Master Member
Reaction score
I use silver fox and find it hard to wash out too, and after washing out my hair us very dry :(

Sent from pulau semakau offshore landfill using GAGT
I have both silver fox and gold digger..

Both hard to wash.. I use loreal, sun silk, clear.. All cannot wash out..

Wash already I feel that I still have the product on my hair.. Today 2nd day already still feel abit sticky.. I wash 3 times a day also feel sticky..

I guess I need to try other shampoos already..

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Wash already I feel that I still have the product on my hair.. Today 2nd day already still feel abit sticky.. I wash 3 times a day also feel sticky..

up your shampoo game :D

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You're not using hair product that can be found in a supermarket... So why are uou using shampoo from the supermarket to wash it out? =D

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT

Wathen

Reaction score
Could be the heat due to our climate. I do find that some of my products soften as well over a period of time

Anyway whats your daily hair routine like ah? Shampoo hair > SSS > wax then go out? Come back home shampoo hair again?

nichsong

Reaction score
I don't shampoo my hair in the mornings, haha not good to shampoo too much. So its SSS + blowdry > Wax > Shampoo at the end of the day. Condition when I feel the need to -> Maybe once or twice a week

Anyway whats your daily hair routine like ah? Shampoo hair > SSS > wax then go out? Come back home shampoo hair again?

nichsong

Reaction score
To be fair, I personally think By Vilain is much easier to wash off than Gatsby. Just have to rinse out the product longer with water prior to shampooing or use less product when you style (you dont need that much). Also, it should be noted that By Vilain is very highly concentrated, hence providing that high hold. So it's a little bit of a tradeoff - for taking a little more effort to wash off the product.

But if the wax is good any normal shampoo should do the job what lol. Why should it be so difficult to wash off like Gatsby?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried the Flux today.
Initial impression. Pretty impressed.
Easy to apply, hold is pretty much there. Not drying.
Let's see if it holds out thru the day.
Then can do a comparison.
It feels kinda light.
It's like a combo of Blumaan lightness plus abit of morris motley texture.
Doesn't harden at all

dj_flame

Reaction score
Tried the Flux today.
It feels kinda light.
Doesn't harden at all
I have the same thoughts as you in bold, but I don't think it will be a hit here as the hold is too light. Singaporean guys mostly want something that "freezes" the hair in place.

I do like the product though. The Flux is really easy to apply, I think this is great for those comb backs/side parts where you can run a comb through and yet the Flux is bone dry - none of that greasy pomade feel.

I also read up on their site that both the Flux and Elevate includes clay, and I could actually smell and feel the clay when worked into my hair. It's not a rough gritty clay like Quicksand or Dynamite Clay, it's more of a fine, barely there clay that mattifies hair.

Used only like two 10 cent amounts today. I'm going to use this as a pre-styler and apply more tomorrow to see if this holds up in the local weather.

Also thanks for sharing the samples!:s12:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sad thing is that its scent less. Good for people with sensitive nose.
I think Flux will suit people that want lightness in their hair. You're definitely able to run your fingers thru it without issue.

nichsong

Reaction score
Yep pretty much spot on. It's something different as compared to those waxes with "aggressive" hold that we are used to. Very lightweight and offers a very natural feel and flow haha. Which is a good change actually. Endurance wise, it was pretty okay for me (with pre-styling of course)

I have the same thoughts as you in bold, but I don't think it will be a hit here as the hold is too light. Singaporean guys mostly want something that "freezes" the hair in place.

I do like the product though. The Flux is really easy to apply, I think this is great for those comb backs/side parts where you can run a comb through and yet the Flux is bone dry - none of that greasy pomade feel.

I also read up on their site that both the Flux and Elevate includes clay, and I could actually smell and feel the clay when worked into my hair. It's not a rough gritty clay like Quicksand or Dynamite Clay, it's more of a fine, barely there clay that mattifies hair.

Used only like two 10 cent amounts today. I'm going to use this as a pre-styler and apply more tomorrow to see if this holds up in the local weather.

Also thanks for sharing the samples!:s12:

Tried the Flux today.
It feels kinda light.
Doesn't harden at all

dj_flame

Reaction score
I don't shampoo my hair in the mornings, haha not good to shampoo too much. So its SSS + blowdry > Wax > Shampoo at the end of the day. Condition when I feel the need to -> Maybe once or twice a week
I 100% champion this approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.