The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
and 7 reviews all on the same day (1/6/2016). Out of 7, 6 are 5/5, 1 is 4/5. Fishy much.

Duplicate ones also have!

Craft clay was featured in one of blumaan's videos although he didn't explicitly mention it. The scent is lemon like, quite tempted to try actually :s12:

Skip to 5:29

nichsong

Reaction score
All who hasn't tried Layrite Cement yet. Please go try. Been using it for awhile already and I think it's up there in terms of suitability for our hair type and weather. Hold and endurance is pretty wah. Adh founder Andrew mentioned that products that help hairstyles retain volume usually coat individual strands and make them sticky in order to allow them to lay on top of each other without weighing each other down. Layrite cement does this much, much better than ADH dry imo. It has much better grip and hold.

Although it's not publicised much.. But seriously, it's pretty good stuff guys. 4oz jar at that too. If I didn't think it's good I wouldn't say so!

*pls take note that I did my usual routine of blow drying with SSS, then followed up with layrite cement as finishing product.

Last edited:

dj_flame

Reaction score
^Is Cement similar to Gold Digger - sticky, thick and amazing hold but also heavy and makes it hard to run your fingers through?

K|muRa^84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got my hair cut by John of Hair Factor's recently. He seems to be pretty knowledgeable but I'm not sure if I want to pay $45 a mth for haircuts

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got my hair cut by John recently. He seems to be pretty knowledgeable but I'm not sure if I want to pay $45 a mth for haircuts

More importantly how did the hair cut turn out? Any distinctive positive difference in your hair cut from your usual (presumably cheaper) hairstylist?

dj_flame

Reaction score
Styling with Scheme Cream today, end result shown below.

I really like the product, it's very easy to scoop and apply, and it glides through my hair easily. Best of all it gives a very nourishing feel that is the opposite of my usual EBL Clay which was dry af and tugged at my roots.

Btw my hair is pretty long and thick now - I need something to slick the sides down, so how I used Scheme Cream is very different from using the same product for a quiff or pompadour.

320Aug202016_zpsxvif1oib.jpg~original

djoker

Reaction score
Anyone tried Red Panther Barber at Upper Serangoon Shopping Centre yet? Less than $10 ($9 for adults) and been around for donkey years already. I'm thinking if I'm just gonna trim my sides and back, then no need to spend $30 on those upscale barbers or stylists. Although i think red panther can do the classic haircuts pretty well too.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Styling with Scheme Cream today, end result shown below.

I really like the product, it's very easy to scoop and apply, and it glides through my hair easily. Best of all it gives a very nourishing feel that is the opposite of my usual EBL Clay which was dry af and tugged at my roots.

Btw my hair is pretty long and thick now - I need something to slick the sides down, so how I used Scheme Cream is very different from using the same product for a quiff or pompadour.

320Aug202016_zpsxvif1oib.jpg~original
No comments on the scent? Haha that was the most distinctive thing about scheme creme imo

Sent from LGE LG-H860 using GAGT

nichsong

Reaction score
Nope, forgot to mention also that cement is pretty lightweight. Gold digger is more on the heavy side. Like I mentioned earlier what it does is coat and give stick to individual strands of hair so that they support each other. It provides a very strong hold and grip. Regarding running your fingers through your hair, its nothing like gold digger. It's relatively easy to run through and restyle!

^Is Cement similar to Gold Digger - sticky, thick and amazing hold but also heavy and makes it hard to run your fingers through?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

actually i can maintain volume with gold digger. sometimes it maybe caused by the thickness of your hair (like alot of hair).

sounds the same to me. gold digger still remains the strongest in my arsenal but also one of the heaviest.
another notable mention would be the clay pomade by baxter, maybe slightly lighter.

been using the matte pomade by byrd, smells damn manly, hold wise i would say maybe a 7-8/10. doesn't tuck hair as much as gold digger. works in alittle slower than gold digger.

All who hasn't tried Layrite Cement yet. Please go try. Been using it for awhile already and I think it's up there in terms of suitability for our hair type and weather. Hold and endurance is pretty wah. Adh founder Andrew mentioned that products that help hairstyles retain volume usually coat individual strands and make them sticky in order to allow them to lay on top of each other without weighing each other down. Layrite cement does this much, much better than ADH dry imo. It has much better grip and hold.

Although it's not publicised much.. But seriously, it's pretty good stuff guys. 4oz jar at that too. If I didn't think it's good I wouldn't say so!

*pls take note that I did my usual routine of blow drying with SSS, then followed up with layrite cement as finishing product.

sounds very gold digger to me.

i think uevo grey, morris motley etc all does that.

nichsong the new reviewer of the thread haha

keep up the work man!

you wanna review the byrd entire series?

give you my samples. i have yet to touch the light and classic pomade.

Synchroniza

Reaction score
Anyone tried Red Panther Barber at Upper Serangoon Shopping Centre yet? Less than $10 ($9 for adults) and been around for donkey years already. I'm thinking if I'm just gonna trim my sides and back, then no need to spend $30 on those upscale barbers or stylists. Although i think red panther can do the classic haircuts pretty well too.

My regular barber, always go back every 2-3 weeks. I will request my side for fade and the top and front to trim abit so i can back comb. The uncle does it well... Most of the time i will cut with Ahmad but tried Ali twice also not bad! :D

$8(Student) compared to those gentleman barber at $35. But of course the ambiance etc may not be as comparable but i am satisfied everytime :)

nichsong

Reaction score
Sure bro, always looking to try out new stuff. If any I think I'd be able to give my opinion on the matte pomade the best, cos I mostly use matte products haha. Not really a user or a fan of gel based or regular pomades but can try and see how it would best work with my hair haha.

actually i can maintain volume with gold digger. sometimes it maybe caused by the thickness of your hair (like alot of hair).

sounds the same to me. gold digger still remains the strongest in my arsenal but also one of the heaviest.
another notable mention would be the clay pomade by baxter, maybe slightly lighter.

been using the matte pomade by byrd, smells damn manly, hold wise i would say maybe a 7-8/10. doesn't tuck hair as much as gold digger. works in alittle slower than gold digger.

sounds very gold digger to me.

i think uevo grey, morris motley etc all does that.

nichsong the new reviewer of the thread haha

keep up the work man!

you wanna review the byrd entire series?

give you my samples. i have yet to touch the light and classic pomade.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sure bro, always looking to try out new stuff. If any I think I'd be able to give my opinion on the matte pomade the best, cos I mostly use matte products haha. Not really a user or a fan of gel based or regular pomades but can try and see how it would best work with my hair haha.

sure, one day find me at tanjong pagar and i pass you what i have.
let you go play and review.

:D

djoker

Reaction score
My regular barber, always go back every 2-3 weeks. I will request my side for fade and the top and front to trim abit so i can back comb. The uncle does it well... Most of the time i will cut with Ahmad but tried Ali twice also not bad! :D

$8(Student) compared to those gentleman barber at $35. But of course the ambiance etc may not be as comparable but i am satisfied everytime :)

Thanks bro for the reply. How is his fade though? Do the fades at the back and sides blend in well? That's my main worry actually, whether barbers are able to blend the fades on the sides and back well into the rest of the hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.