The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeanFarmer

Reaction score
maybe try byrd matte pomade.

might work well for you.

Oh I haven't tried the powder shake, how is it? Haha. As for your question, OK I guess maybe crunchy wouldn't be the right word. I would say more of a slight hardening effect. Like if you've tried By Vilain Dynamite clay before, its a little somewhat like that kind of a feel. Byrd matte definitely is still very pliable(take my word for it), its not like its gonna be stuck there like when u you hairspray. But its that very slight hardening that helps give your hairstyle that extra endurance.

As for MM balm (chrome i haven't tried) I think it works wonderful. But my only slight gripe is that it might lose a little of that endurance in holding your shape when you're out in the sun as the product softens more easily under heat. This results in your hair being softer and it might sag a little. But that being said, it doesn't like totally give up on your hair and fall flat. The product stays in there and you can still reshape and restyle after that without any issues. Alot of people still consider it as the creme of the crop when it comes to matte products haha.

I'd recommend you try out Byrd matte though, I think its a good "starter" if you want to look at firm-medium hold products that give you that casual look :)

Thanks for the recommendations. Will think about it!

K|muRa^84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have recommendations for pomades with med-high shine and strong hold? Thanks

Jun_rui

Reaction score
1MN74a4.jpg

Should i grow out the sides or trim it? Been 2.5 weeks since i last trimmed the sides and its already getting long

Last edited:

BeanFarmer

Reaction score
Decided to give MM styling balm a shot after reading g raving reviews.

Also, does anyone else use BB90 as a pre-styling product? It works pretty well for me as one but haven't seen anyone mention it

SoggyBear

Master Member
Reaction score
Any strong hold pomade to recommended? Currently using o boy water based pomade but the hold not very strong

djoker

Reaction score
Any strong hold pomade to recommended? Currently using o boy water based pomade but the hold not very strong

Lol o'boy water based. the ingredient list looks very dodgy and similar to most of the 'local' pomades and i don't think it is home-brewed.

you can try gonzo pomade i guess if you insist on gel-type strong-holds which i don't like.

prefer home-brewed goodness from O'Douds water-based pomade, unorthodoxed water-based and still quite strong hold in my opinion. at least my hair wont crunch up in the day... just my 2 cents worth. :)

SoggyBear

Master Member
Reaction score
Lol o'boy water based. the ingredient list looks very dodgy and similar to most of the 'local' pomades and i don't think it is home-brewed.

you can try gonzo pomade i guess if you insist on gel-type strong-holds which i don't like.

prefer home-brewed goodness from O'Douds water-based pomade, unorthodoxed water-based and still quite strong hold in my opinion. at least my hair wont crunch up in the day... just my 2 cents worth. :)

Thanks! Got this to try.. Hopefully much better

j2cPSQu.jpg

dj_flame

Reaction score
Just a question for pomade users who pomp:

Given our climate and the chinese straight af hair, are you able to have every strand neatly set in place and throughout the day?

Understand you can restyle with the right pomade, but I also find either the oil content too much (hello acne) or that there's a crunchy gel-like hardening property, both of which I do not like.

I gave up years ago. Maybe my genetics are cursed to sport messy hairstyles for life.

Let me know, thanks.

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Given our climate and the chinese straight af hair, are you able to have every strand neatly set in place and throughout the day?

Understand you can restyle with the right pomade, but I also find either the oil content too much (hello acne) or that there's a crunchy gel-like hardening property, both of which I do not like.

I gave up years ago. Maybe my genetics are cursed to sport messy hairstyles for life.

Let me know, thanks.
It depends actually. For me it's a hit and miss. Some days i can get it high, some days it'll flop, some days it'll stay the same shap without restyling

Sent from Samsung GT-I9505 using GAGT

djoker

Reaction score

Let me know, thanks.

You are right about the 2 'types' of pomade, i don't suppose you can find one that is neither. So i guess you gotta pick which you dislike less? I personally hate crunchy hair so i make do with 'oilier' water-based pomades, which in my opinion hold really well, its not the crunchy kind of hold but more of the sticky kind of hold.

I don't pomp it up coz i prefer the standard low-fade/long trim executive contour. Easier to style, easier to maintain and looks more business-like and professional imo. That's just for my line of work but obviously you can pomp it up too if it suits your line of work. Hope this helps!

dj_flame

Reaction score
That's just for my line of work but obviously you can pomp it up too if it suits your line of work. Hope this helps!
Nah I kinda rock the Andrea Pirlo, sans the facial hair.

MTE1ODA0OTcyMDcyOTI4Nzgx.jpg

I don't even use pomades, clays or gels anymore - just simply rub grooming lotion/cream into the ends and the strands for moisture. Somedays I will even just towel dry my hair a bit and go out the door with no product.

djoker

Reaction score
Nah I kinda rock the Andrea Pirlo, sans the facial hair.

MTE1ODA0OTcyMDcyOTI4Nzgx.jpg

I don't even use pomades, clays or gels anymore - just simply rub grooming lotion/cream into the ends and the strands for moisture. Somedays I will even just towel dry my hair a bit and go out the door with no product.

Wah thats actually the kind of hairstyle i wanna have but can't have man. If it makes you feel better hahaha 😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.