The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4E.SI

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
there's where sea salt spray or any volumiser comes in.

if you blow dry your hair the right way and with the right amount of gold digger, it can work wonders.

your hair too long la. :s22:

what does sea salt spray do to ur hair??

any recommendation for sea spray or volumiser. i nvr tried them before.

what i do is sometimes use 2 products as combination... eg. Tu-re for its strong hold and a little of Osis+ wax for its shine & finishing

i find the end result of combining 2 products usually better than jus 1 clay/wax alone

to prevent using too much and weighing my hair down, i use a tiny bit of each product only

SoggyBear

Master Member
Reaction score
zNZsaUT.jpg

Any comments? I find it hard to keep it at this shape for long, will a SSS help?

I'm terrible at styling :(

dj_flame

Reaction score
my hair is those coarse looking type, but its actually quite fine & limp. hence i need those strong hold wax/clay... tried those medium hold doesnt work at all for me
What you need is a strong hold AND lightweight product, because fine hair will be weighed down by something heavy e.g Gold Digger.

I also see you're thinking of using sea salt spray, good choice.

Sea salt sprays and prestyling products (can be a lotion, mousse, gel, powder) etc are generally applied to damp hair before blow-drying.

When combined with the heat and air pressure of blow-drying what prestylers do is to create texture and an initial foundation, and the hot air helps push the roots in the direction you want the hair to go. Also prestylers are very usually lightweight so hair is not weighed down.

If you're doing this correctly your hair will become huge & puffy. Finish off by using the wax/clay/pomade/whatever of your choice to sculpt and control the huge mess on your hair into whatever you like, then add more hold with hairspray if you like.

Vid on how to blowdry -

Caveat: hairspray locks and hardens hair, so it's NOT recommended for more flexible casual hairstyles.

In the end you get the best of both worlds - huge weightless volume that is reinforced with strong hold wax and hairspray. Don't forget tt's always better to blowdry hair to a huge puffy shape and then tame down the volume with a wax/clay, THAN to use wax/clay to boost volume.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCQG0IAKxHb/ - Morris Motley's instagram post as reference, they echo my thoughts on creating big volume first then use product to tame it into shape.

can any buddies recommend me a good volumiser or sea salt spray :s22:
There's KMS spray, OS spray, REF 323 spray, Sidekick by Vilian, and tons of others sold online.

Google "buy sea salt spray singapore" and you'll be given a plethora of products.

Forum members also run hairbroducts and theprettyjerk - they sell salt sprays too.

Or you can make your own - search YouTube for tutorials. :s22:

Tl;dr
  • Get sea salt spray

• Get blowdryer

• Learn how to use blowdryer and salt spray on damp hair, then apply wax to blown-dried hair

• Profit

i find the end result of combining 2 products usually better than jus 1 clay/wax alone

to prevent using too much and weighing my hair down, i use a tiny bit of each product only
Good stuff, you're doing what is commonly called cocktailing and it will work especially for looks with a shine finish.

Last edited:

fullguard

Master Member
Reaction score
Best $120 I ever spent.

@dj_flame: what type of perm did you get? for short hair like mine, how long do you feel the perm can last ah?

anyway, recommend dynamite clay to use as pre-styler :D great product to use. been using OS sea salt spray also which works wonders.

my routine now:

while damp hair:
apply dynamite clay
use OS sea salt spray
use comb to roughly shape my hair

blowdry with low speed high heat, with head upside down. adds a lot of volume for me. hair will be super puffy after this.

then apply mm chrome and shape my hair
spray feeling powerpoint hairspray

hair is able to stay in shape for a good 10~12 hours. only have to make minor adjustments once or twice throughout the day. however that may be because i got relatively short hair compared to many here. hair only about 3~4 inches.

Last edited:

ipadblack

Reaction score
Just curious, how long must your fringe be to achieve Justin Timberland kind of hairstyle + which products to use?

dj_flame

Reaction score
@dj_flame: what type of perm did you get? for short hair like mine, how long do you feel the perm can last ah?
I took some angmoh pictures and ask for something similar and natural looking.

My perm last about 4 months, 3 time a year.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

any recommendation for sea spray or volumiser. i nvr tried them before.

what i do is sometimes use 2 products as combination... eg. Tu-re for its strong hold and a little of Osis+ wax for its shine & finishing

it gives your hair volume, your hair will be poofy instead of flat after blow dry.
works best with wax on it.

my hair can stay longer with sss compared without sss.

just SSS and wax/clay/whatever products, you can skip hair spray though.

nichsong

Reaction score
Bro @DJ_Flame,

You tried MM Chrome alreh yeah? Care to share review in comparison with the balm? :D Ps if shared before, maybe I haven't seen

djoker

Reaction score
Hi all, anyone knows any sites to get american pomade products not sold in Singapore at a cheap shipping rate? Wanna get red house private reserve water based pomade but no Singapore stockists sell it. Cheers

Last edited:

losthopeguy

Reaction score
Hi all, anyone knows any sites to get american pomade products not sold in Singapore at a cheap shipping rate? Wanna get red house private reserve water based pomade but no Singapore stockists sell it. Cheers
red house have what. sgpomade carry it. But no stock now.

bryd is not bad though, u may consider trying. i am fortunate to be able to try both the classic and the matte haha. sephora send me a wrong item and they didnlt wan to collect it back.

although the classic is an oil based, it washes out damn easily as compared to others. the union matte clay, GOSH. washability is horrendous. just an info for everyone here

djoker

Reaction score
red house have what. sgpomade carry it. But no stock now.

bryd is not bad though, u may consider trying. i am fortunate to be able to try both the classic and the matte haha. sephora send me a wrong item and they didnlt wan to collect it back.

although the classic is an oil based, it washes out damn easily as compared to others. the union matte clay, GOSH. washability is horrendous. just an info for everyone here

ya i know sgpomade carries it but i want it soon eh and they got no stock. the thing is i dunno if they are gonna bring in stock for red house private reserve again... if there is little demand for it, i reckon they might not bring it in again, hence i asked if theres any kind soul here who can share any USA sites that offer cheap international delivery to Singapore. Hope someone here got lobang hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.