The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Z-Strom-II-6.jpg

sorry to hijack anyone know what this kind of hairstyle is being called ?

Show picture to your barber/stylist for reference la. A picture says a thousand words.

Nowadays with smart phones so convenient. Only problem you might get is finding a picture of how Louis Koo's hairstyle looks from behind.

But actually just find the video of this particular show/movie you got the picture from. Maybe got some scenes that capture the back view then pause the video and show your barber/stylist. :s13::s13:

cesc88

Reaction score
Dun worry, he wouldn't be able to see how it looks from behind anyway. 😂

Show picture to your barber/stylist for reference la. A picture says a thousand words.

Nowadays with smart phones so convenient. Only problem you might get is finding a picture of how Louis Koo's hairstyle looks from behind.

But actually just find the video of this particular show/movie you got the picture from. Maybe got some scenes that capture the back view then pause the video and show your barber/stylist. :s13::s13:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Morris motley should be moving to us Singapore with one distro and a couple of retailers. Not sure who yet and when but should be by early next year.
But I think that will bring down the overall prices of their products to make it more affordable.

nichsong

Reaction score
Wah thread so dead. Shag haha. Anyways just ordered some ingredients off iHerb to try out my own DIY Sea Salt Spray. Anyone tried before?

Still stand by my opinion that SSS is the best pre styler. In fact its more important than the finishing product imo. But tradeoff is that it can dry out the hair quite abit. Was thinking using a DIY and experimenting with adding coconut oil etc can help counteract the dryness abit.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah thread so dead. Shag haha. Anyways just ordered some ingredients off iHerb to try out my own DIY Sea Salt Spray. Anyone tried before?

Still stand by my opinion that SSS is the best pre styler. In fact its more important than the finishing product imo. But tradeoff is that it can dry out the hair quite abit. Was thinking using a DIY and experimenting with adding coconut oil etc can help counteract the dryness abit.

bad mix. haha i feel. but you can try and let us know.

dryness is important to have in order to get good hold.

nichsong

Reaction score
bad mix. haha i feel. but you can try and let us know.

dryness is important to have in order to get good hold.

Haha true, its the dryness that removes weight and gives the stiffness that allows our miserable, fine and limp hair to achieve that kind of volume. Tradeoff haha. Trying out the DIY to see if it works as good as the commercial SSS that we've been using. It's a gamble but hand itchy LOL

On that topic there are actually quite a few of the salon brands that offer SSS as well, byrd etc which I havent' tried. So far only tried Toni&Guy's, no fight as compared to OS and REF 323. Ohyeah GX bro you bring in Byrd products right, never get to try their SSS? Haha

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha true, its the dryness that removes weight and gives the stiffness that allows our miserable, fine and limp hair to achieve that kind of volume. Tradeoff haha. Trying out the DIY to see if it works as good as the commercial SSS that we've been using. It's a gamble but hand itchy LOL

On that topic there are actually quite a few of the salon brands that offer SSS as well, byrd etc which I havent' tried. So far only tried Toni&Guy's, no fight as compared to OS and REF 323. Ohyeah GX bro you bring in Byrd products right, never get to try their SSS? Haha

eh haven't got to try yet.
haha i still love my ref 323, occasionally sidekick.

but i heard byrd quite good for their SSS but abit ex.

nichsong

Reaction score
eh haven't got to try yet.
haha i still love my ref 323, occasionally sidekick.

but i heard byrd quite good for their SSS but abit ex.

Is it?? You heard from someone who tried ah haha. Cos their SSS contains other ingredients as well that are supposedly good for the hair. Moisturising elements etc.. I rmb checking out the ingredients list at a store once.. I think it cost about 28? REF 323 and OS have more simple formulas, but no denying the performance.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it?? You heard from someone who tried ah haha. Cos their SSS contains other ingredients as well that are supposedly good for the hair. Moisturising elements etc.. I rmb checking out the ingredients list at a store once.. I think it cost about 28? REF 323 and OS have more simple formulas, but no denying the performance.
But the smell I cannot. Coconut one.

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
Morris motley should be moving to us Singapore with one distro and a couple of retailers. Not sure who yet and when but should be by early next year.
But I think that will bring down the overall prices of their products to make it more affordable.

Distro should be panic room, saw them tagged before on their insta. Rob seems to be quite familiar with the boss.

Hairpenning is surely one of those selected retailers. Perhaps this is why they can now afford to offload MM at 45 now when they don't exactly have a track record of offering big discounts. Expecting the price to drop way below S$45 in a matter of weeks when more SG retailers share the pie.

Just wonder how much is their wholesale rate. AUD20-25 per tub? :s8:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Distro should be panic room, saw them tagged before on their insta. Rob seems to be quite familiar with the boss.

Hairpenning is surely one of those selected retailers. Perhaps this is why they can now afford to offload MM at 45 now when they don't exactly have a track record of offering big discounts. Expecting the price to drop way below S$45 in a matter of weeks when more SG retailers share the pie.

Just wonder how much is their wholesale rate. AUD20-25 per tub? :s8:

Err. Hahaha OK. That's a good way to put it but your information are all wrong.

Sorry I can't share more. Since I am talking to Rob and his team personally lol

Prices won't go below way below $45 I can assure you. Lol
This is definitely not one of the cheapskate China made nonsense where you see prices free falling.
But yes it will decrease to increase the exposure and acceptability of their products.

Last edited:

djoker

Reaction score
Best Pomades of 2016, do you all agree?

Hmm i thought he would have put nostalgic hand-made waterbased as his best. Coz he was praising it to the heavens when he reviewed it. Got a tub of nostalgic handmade from pomadeclub recently, its my go to product from now onwards!

nichsong

Reaction score
yeap! i am now official the retailer of morris motley too!

;)

Congrats bro! Always the first retailer eh haha #efficient. Hopefully stock will be more controlled rather than all over the place like BV. MM is in a league of its own, so I feel that it it deserves the level of control over the pricing of its products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.