The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
IS there any videos on styling hair. Do you guys feel those hair stylists can always style so nicely but when we reach home, we feel
Like banging wall?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Congrats bro! Always the first retailer eh haha #efficient. Hopefully stock will be more controlled rather than all over the place like BV. MM is in a league of its own, so I feel that it it deserves the level of control over the pricing of its products.

Yes. I am going to try my best to control.
Morris motley team has been very supportive all the while.
Prices has revised. $45 for chrome balm and $55 for oil.
Bundled prices will be cheaper.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
9clGsVB.png

What is this kind of hair style called? What to say to achieve this style?

Does anyone have video on how to use uevo grey?

Thanks

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
9clGsVB.png

What is this kind of hair style called? What to say to achieve this style?

Does anyone have video on how to use uevo grey?

Thanks

use it as any other wax. semi dry it on palms before applying.

crop cut?

Rodon_Tan

Banned
Reaction score
for those korean 2-block haircut, do local hairstylists usually refer to it as the "overlap" haircut?

i show a reference pic to my hairstylist today to check and she said it's "overlap".

just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing in case :s13:

N4E.SI

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What you need is a strong hold AND lightweight product, because fine hair will be weighed down by something heavy e.g Gold Digger.

I also see you're thinking of using sea salt spray, good choice.

Sea salt sprays and prestyling products (can be a lotion, mousse, gel, powder) etc are generally applied to damp hair before blow-drying.

When combined with the heat and air pressure of blow-drying what prestylers do is to create texture and an initial foundation, and the hot air helps push the roots in the direction you want the hair to go. Also prestylers are very usually lightweight so hair is not weighed down.

If you're doing this correctly your hair will become huge & puffy. Finish off by using the wax/clay/pomade/whatever of your choice to sculpt and control the huge mess on your hair into whatever you like, then add more hold with hairspray if you like.

Vid on how to blowdry -

Caveat: hairspray locks and hardens hair, so it's NOT recommended for more flexible casual hairstyles.

In the end you get the best of both worlds - huge weightless volume that is reinforced with strong hold wax and hairspray. Don't forget tt's always better to blowdry hair to a huge puffy shape and then tame down the volume with a wax/clay, THAN to use wax/clay to boost volume.

There's KMS spray, OS spray, REF 323 spray, Sidekick by Vilian, and tons of others sold online.

Google "buy sea salt spray singapore" and you'll be given a plethora of products.

Good stuff, you're doing what is commonly called cocktailing and it will work especially for looks with a shine finish.

thanks for the detailed advice bro!

i followed ur steps of using SSS + wax (gold digger) and my hairstyle is finally able to stay in place. previous with wax or clay alone (without using SSS as a pre-styler), my hairstyle will fall limp and flat within 15~20mins after i styled them. my hair by default is those limp and flat kind

i am now using SSS + gold digger wax for my daily routine. it gives me a strong hold and matt finish.
next for certain events, i wish to have a strong hold with some shiny finish. what is the recommendation?
i tried using pomenade alone previously, it was shiny but weak hold, my hair fall flat and soft and end up looking oily and messy :(

what shld i should if i wan a strong hold (like my current routine) but with a shiny finish?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i followed ur steps of using SSS + wax (gold digger) and my hairstyle is finally able to stay in place. previous with wax or clay alone (without using SSS as a pre-styler), my hairstyle will fall limp and flat within 15~20mins after i styled them. my hair by default is those limp and flat kind

i am now using SSS + gold digger wax for my daily routine. it gives me a strong hold and matt finish.
next for certain events, i wish to have a strong hold with some shiny finish. what is the recommendation?
i tried using pomenade alone previously, it was shiny but weak hold, my hair fall flat and soft and end up looking oily and messy :(

what shld i should if i wan a strong hold (like my current routine) but with a shiny finish?

try uevo green shiny finish.

or if you're feeling you have a higher budget, try morris motley chrome.

both also won't regret.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score

What kind of hairstyle do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.