The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoLuiJiak

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks for the detailed advice bro!

i followed ur steps of using SSS + wax (gold digger) and my hairstyle is finally able to stay in place. previous with wax or clay alone (without using SSS as a pre-styler), my hairstyle will fall limp and flat within 15~20mins after i styled them. my hair by default is those limp and flat kind

i am now using SSS + gold digger wax for my daily routine. it gives me a strong hold and matt finish.
next for certain events, i wish to have a strong hold with some shiny finish. what is the recommendation?
i tried using pomenade alone previously, it was shiny but weak hold, my hair fall flat and soft and end up looking oily and messy :(

what shld i should if i wan a strong hold (like my current routine) but with a shiny finish?
Noob here, what's sss + wax? I need a strong hold plus dry look, sounds like yours is what I want.

Sent from HTC One_M8 using GAGT

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

BoLuiJiak

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone know any brand which has a strong hold, dry look, doesn't koyak when sweat a bit?

Edit: I'm looking at sgpomade.com do their pomade work well alone? PS noob in this don't really want to drop $30 knowing it wouldn't work out or need to buy more product for it to work.

Sent from HTC One_M8 using GAGT

Jealousy

Reaction score
hi Im new to this wax culture.

Currently using Gatsby, honestly its painful to wash it off and its oily.

What will u all recommend if I prefer matt look (abit of shine is fine). I cannot do my hair in the pomp hairstyle as my forehead is high. I will usually make it look as if I just blow dry my hair look. (style but like no style)

* hair is flat, so I think I will require SSS*
Read through the pages, most I think use SSS. any specific brands to get or anyone that I should liaise with for the products.

nichsong

Reaction score
hi Im new to this wax culture.

Currently using Gatsby, honestly its painful to wash it off and its oily.

What will u all recommend if I prefer matt look (abit of shine is fine). I cannot do my hair in the pomp hairstyle as my forehead is high. I will usually make it look as if I just blow dry my hair look. (style but like no style)

* hair is flat, so I think I will require SSS*
Read through the pages, most I think use SSS. any specific brands to get or anyone that I should liaise with for the products.

Hit up "OS Fashion Sea Spray", it should be one of the first few results :) Need more info feel free to DM me

nichsong

Reaction score
with the sea spray can dont use wax?

Yeap can. But like bro GX said it will abit more tousled and airy. The wax is to give the hair structure and seal the style in with that extra hold. If you need even more endurance then go for a finishing hairspray. You can ask bro GX also about SSS as well, btw

bumdssa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeap can. But like bro GX said it will abit more tousled and airy. The wax is to give the hair structure and seal the style in with that extra hold. If you need even more endurance then go for a finishing hairspray. You can ask bro GX also about SSS as well, btw

cos my hair even put wax after a while also messy. haha. too soft already.

nichsong

Reaction score
cos my hair even put wax after a while also messy. haha. too soft already.

That's why u must use SSS! It's to counteract the "softness". You'll know when you use it trust me. For starters I recommend SSS + By Vilain Dynamite Clay. Can't go wrong with that combo :)

abc-xyz

Reaction score
It seems that uevo, mm and gold digger seems to be the more popular choices.

Which would u recommend for mid-long fringe(6-7inches), overall hair prob slightly shorter. Thin, soft and flat hair.

Going for the messy look and able to restyle with hand from time to time.

Thanks.

Jealousy

Reaction score
Hit up "OS Fashion Sea Spray", it should be one of the first few results :) Need more info feel free to DM me

How is this comparable to 323 spray? seems like a lot of ppl are using 323.

any wax to recommend ?

uevo grey or MM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.