The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

nichsong

Reaction score
How is this comparable to 323 spray? seems like a lot of ppl are using 323.

any wax to recommend ?

uevo grey or MM?

Basically, OS has stronger hold but more of a dry finish.

REF 323, slightly lesser hold but less dry, more natural finish.

And if MM is within your budget, please go for it because it's the, if not one of the best matte products I've used. Right on top of the pile. If not I'd recommend By Vilain's Dynamite Clay. That is another solid product.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
Is it ok to just spray sea salt spray on dry hair, and not blow dry?

Is sea salt spray harder to wash off than wax / uevo wax?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How is this comparable to 323 spray? seems like a lot of ppl are using 323.

any wax to recommend ?

uevo grey or MM?

i feel 323 less dry and less oily but the hold comparable.

depends what you want, fixated strong hold uevo. ability to restyle and strong hold, mm

It seems that uevo, mm and gold digger seems to be the more popular choices.

Which would u recommend for mid-long fringe(6-7inches), overall hair prob slightly shorter. Thin, soft and flat hair.

Going for the messy look and able to restyle with hand from time to time.

Thanks.

definitely morris motley for the restyleability

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it ok to just spray sea salt spray on dry hair, and not blow dry?

Is sea salt spray harder to wash off than wax / uevo wax?

nope, you have to blow dry.

sea salt is easy, just water and normal shampoo.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
Is there any product (prefer matte) that is black/dark/transparent color? Just in case after applying the product there is some parts not evenly applied and thicker on the hair, it will not be seen. White wax on hair easily be seen if not applied evenly.

Last edited:

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
If I do not want to use sea salt spray (don't like to wet hair, blow dry), after applying uevo wax can I use some kind of spray to make the style more fixed, or is there other methods? Any spray recommendations?

nichsong

Reaction score
Is there any product (prefer matte) that is black/dark/transparent color? Just in case after applying the product there is some parts not evenly applied and thicker on the hair, it will not be seen. White wax on hair easily be seen if not applied evenly.

Tbh most quality products will not leave any form of residue on the hair when emulsified properly in the palms prior to application.

nichsong

Reaction score
If I do not want to use sea salt spray (don't like to wet hair, blow dry), after applying uevo wax can I use some kind of spray to make the style more fixed, or is there other methods? Any spray recommendations?

Yes, you can use hairspray after your wax. You can DM bro leejhong about hairsprays, he knows a fair deal :) But the main reason why people use SSS and blow dry, is to give their hair the base structure prior to applying wax. It makes the style more voluminous and more endurant overall. SSS + Blow Dry -> Apply Wax -> Hairspray In that order

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

means you never apply properly

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
means you never apply properly

Correct. In case not applied properly or not at top or back, black wax is not obvious.

In bus I saw other people have some stands of hair with thicker wax somewhere near the back. I think the person also don't know he did not apply properly.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Correct. In case not applied properly or not at top or back, black wax is not obvious.

In bus I saw other people have some stands of hair with thicker wax somewhere near the back. I think the person also don't know he did not apply properly.

usually all the wax i see are light colored based

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
Wash off wax is it apply shampoo mix with water then wash off with water? Any better methods?

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This one is like asking what type of food if eat too full won't cause puking/indigestion. :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.