The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any wax for long hair? I dont know why my hair flops after 3 hours of styling my hair with morris motley and sss. Help please! Any idea to improve holding time.

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

Long hair i think use pomade better? :s11:

Never try this Motley before though. My hairstyle is comb back, i use GD only. Sometimes the side will run out abit after a long day of heavy perspiration.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Long till my nose.

Flops means my hair keep droping frontwards.and keep run out of place

how you usually apply the product?

got spread evenly?

and its actually normal for your hair to move about, because of various natural occurrence.

you can't expect the hair to stay there fixated thruout the day.

that you will have to use smt like pomade or gel which makes it very unnatural.

the good thing about morris motley, is the ability to restyle the hair, meaning you can swipe it up and it will stay for sometime, and it falls again.

that is completely natural.

Dingdingsong

Reaction score
how you usually apply the product?

got spread evenly?

and its actually normal for your hair to move about, because of various natural occurrence.

you can't expect the hair to stay there fixated thruout the day.

that you will have to use smt like pomade or gel which makes it very unnatural.

the good thing about morris motley, is the ability to restyle the hair, meaning you can swipe it up and it will stay for sometime, and it falls again.

that is completely natural.
Yup i applied it evenly. But when it flops.the shape and the volume of my hair is not there already.

When i face downwards. My hair just fall.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup i applied it evenly. But when it flops.the shape and the volume of my hair is not there already.

means hair toooooo long.

last time my hair till nose leh, but i use morris moltey or uevo no issues.

but of course time to time will drop.

hmm try using more product? with the amount you use now, add abit more?

got pic of your hairstyle?

nichsong

Reaction score
Unfortunately, one thing we have to face is that our typical asian hair type cannot take much weight because it is naturally fine and straight + flat. This has gotta do with genetics, and there's nothing much we can do about it unfortunately.. Once our hair reaches a certain length, it will become too heavy and can hardly hold any volume - at least not for long. When that happens, there's only one thing we can do.. Get a haircut. Get it trimmed or thinned out.

Take note that this has nothing to do with product. Understanding your hair genetics and how it behaves as well as the importance of maintenance is vital to keeping a good style :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, one thing we have to face is that our typical asian hair type cannot take much weight because it is naturally fine and straight + flat. This has gotta do with genetics, and there's nothing much we can do about it unfortunately.. Once our hair reaches a certain length, it will become too heavy and can hardly hold any volume - at least not for long. When that happens, there's only one thing we can do.. Get a haircut. Get it trimmed or thinned out.

Take note that this has nothing to do with product. Understanding your hair genetics and how it behaves as well as the importance of maintenance is vital to keeping a good style :)

yes, once you know your own hair, styling will be a breeze.

usually products play a part, if u know your hair and somehow the product is not working out, switch it.

Dingdingsong

Reaction score
means hair toooooo long.

last time my hair till nose leh, but i use morris moltey or uevo no issues.

but of course time to time will drop.

hmm try using more product? with the amount you use now, add abit more?

got pic of your hairstyle?
Ohh it might mean i need a haircut then because my hair is quite thick now. But i do not know how thin do i have to cut it till. Because there was once i cut it too thin and my hair is too light. And there was once i cut it not as thin and it fall of easily.

Putting more will just make my hair more oily/moisture. I have no idea why it happen as well.

Dingdingsong

Reaction score

Okay thank you. But i have heard that if you cut you hair short from the back and longer to the front. Your hair can hold longer. Just wanna ask if its true.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ohh it might mean i need a haircut then because my hair is quite thick now. But i do not know how thin do i have to cut it till. Because there was once i cut it too thin and my hair is too light. And there was once i cut it not as thin and it fall of easily.

Putting more will just make my hair more oily/moisture. I have no idea why it happen as well.

Try thinning the hair.
With lesser weight,
It will help.

xeonboy

Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone heard or use this Redken Root Lifting Spray before? Is it like a SSS but with different name?

evangel21

Reaction score
Hi everyone. First timer here seeking advice. I've been using Erratic for years. Been happy with it but would like to try something new having read about so many products from this thread.
It seems Uevo Grey would be similar but a better product than Erratic? How about MM Styling Balm? Similar or different result?

Thanks in advance!

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. First timer here seeking advice. I've been using Erratic for years. Been happy with it but would like to try something new having read about so many products from this thread.
It seems Uevo Grey would be similar but a better product than Erratic? How about MM Styling Balm? Similar or different result?

Thanks in advance!

Uevo grey is definitely better than erratic.
works better and has this fixated fibre like hold

MM styling balm has strong hold and restyleability

depends what you're looking for

the closest but better product of erratic is uevo grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.