The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

nichsong

Reaction score
Is there any product that can make hair look smoother? Mine looks frizzy.

I'd recommend the Korial Vitamin Booster from theprettyjerk. I've ben using it for awhile now. I'ts in a spray bottle form, which contains jojoba oil and other ingredients that help smoothen and moisturise the hair. Works great, I use it as a leave in conditioner sprayed on towel dried hair, in place of a conventional moisturiser. Jojoba oil is supposedly the closest available oil extract that resembles the natural oils on our skin/hair etc. Hair really feels alot smoother and manageable when left overnight. Seriously recommend all other bros to try too if y'all are into the hair care game!

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just stumbled upon an Australian shampoo and conditioner.

tested it and it feels really good. smells damn nice
it's a daily solution system.

thought of bringing it into Singapore.
i hope can get some samples for some to try.

will update once i get my hands on it.

nichsong

Reaction score
just stumbled upon an Australian shampoo and conditioner.

tested it and it feels really good. smells damn nice
it's a daily solution system.

thought of bringing it into Singapore.
i hope can get some samples for some to try.

will update once i get my hands on it.

Do update bro! So far been sticking to Mr Pomp's shampoo. Only one which I feel doesn't overly dry out my hair

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this one shld be a clean and moisturising shampoo.

smells damn power. manly also

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
throwing a promotion for those who wanna try morris motley chrome!
now at $42! Used to be $55

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
Why morris motley don't want to invest in quality sealants. Their chrome always have condensation on top surface.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
Just tried out Uevo Green that I got from GX bro, and have got to say that I'm impressed! Despite what they describe about it having a 7/10 rating for shine, it's actually a really neutral, natural finish as compared to Uevo Grey having a dry matte finish. As of now, somehow found the experience to be better as compared to Uevo Grey, but too early to say as my hair is still relatively short (just cut).

But for the matter, did not use any pre-styler (again might change when my hair is longer). What I did was emulsify product into hands, and then scrunch my hair up instead of applying it root to tip like how most youtube videos recommend. I have found this method to be more effective for our hair type. Will update again as my hair grows, and will prolly post a full review of Uevo Green then too :)

You said "then scrunch my hair up instead of applying it root to tip", do you mean only apply to the outer hair length (those hair people can see). From root inner hair that other people unable to see area is it nothing applied? Maybe if you free do a video teach.

You say Green experience better than Grey means what? Green holding power is it better?

Last edited:

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
I am currently using Uevo grey i find the scent too strong. Prefer not so much scent kind or no scent.

Morris motley chrome or Vantachi scent is it lesser scent smell or more faster disappear after applying, than Uevo grey scent?

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am currently using Uevo grey i find the scent too strong. Prefer not so much scent kind or no scent.

Morris motley chrome or Vantachi scent is it lesser scent smell or more faster disappear after applying, than Uevo grey scent?

all quite strong.

you want no scent abit hard.

nichsong

Reaction score
You said "then scrunch my hair up instead of applying it root to tip", do you mean only apply to the outer hair length (those hair people can see). From root inner hair that other people unable to see area is it nothing applied? Maybe if you free do a video teach.

You say Green experience better than Grey means what? Green holding power is it better?

Haha I won't be doing a video to demo. Basically, scrunching referring to grabbing sections of your hair instead of throughly applying from root to tip, like how it is commonly taught. Yes, I kind of felt Green worked better than Grey in terms of holding my style, and its endurance. But now that my hair is longer, I start to see results which are abit more like how I had with Grey(did a review on Grey some time back). Tho I've got very fine hair in general, so I have difficulty with alot of products. I've deduced that Uevo's strength come from its ability to "fixate" and harden, and in that sense it works very much like hairspray. The product will work best as a post styler, after pre styling to give your hair the basic structure first - thats if you have longer hair. Or at least for fine haired folk like me haha. Make no mistake though, its still a solid product in my opinion.

Last edited:

nichsong

Reaction score

To me scent does not really matter to me.. As long as the product performs well. Unless it is wayyy too overpowering. And yeah what Gx bro said. All aforementioned have scents and u can smell them throughout the day, to a certain extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.