The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

cesc88

Reaction score
lol I dunno he is the boss of memsbazaar. Yea saw that at the watch thread. Cheating for $250? Lol should at least make it $2,500 la

hmm, recently got saga with the boss of mensbazaar, aka Dapper.

someone say he cheated a forum member of $250 bucks when transacting for a luxury time piece. then went online and put it for sale on carousell for profit.

its on the watch thread.

i also heard that they become less responsive over the year, not sure why. maybe busy with work.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol I dunno he is the boss of memsbazaar. Yea saw that at the watch thread. Cheating for $250? Lol should at least make it $2,500 la

was confirm by ballgag on the other thread.

he personally pm me.

well. i guess it is what it is.

PinkOnion

Reaction score
My reviews on HDF Claymation and Quicksand.

HDF Claymation
- Able to create slight volume for short to medium hair length
- Holding strength: average for short hair and weak for medium hair
- Easy to wash off

HDF Quicksand
- Able to create great volume for short to medium hair length
- Holding strength: very weak for short hair
- Easy to wash off

You can continue to use HDF QS to create great volume but you must complement with another styling product to create your style.

Thanks for the insight! I am currently waiting for my friend to pass me some samples of DC and MM to try. Will keep you guys updated! :s22:

PinkOnion

Reaction score
By the way, any of you bros here use a flat iron/curling iron?

My hair is really so straight and fine that, sometimes my hairdresser would use it to curl my hair in order to give it some shape and definition.

I only have the cheap kinds that I got from Taobao (LOL around $10 only). I am wondering if the salon grade kind is better. If so, any recommendation for a relatively inexpensive one?

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My hair is really so straight and fine that, sometimes my hairdresser would use it to curl my hair in order to give it some shape and definition.

I only have the cheap kinds that I got from Taobao (LOL around $10 only). I am wondering if the salon grade kind is better. If so, any recommendation for a relatively inexpensive one?
Think I'm the opposite, bought a flat iron recently

Got a braun one which comes with adjustable temp, ion, ceramic plate

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Welcome bro.

Hopefully you are able to bring it in very soon as I am currently looking for deep scalp shampoo to complement my daily shampoo.

Yes, this bottle of shampoo contains lesser conditioning agents but more of surfactants (yet certified organic ones) designed to remove stubborn build-up from your hair. Personally, I think having a bottle of deep cleansing to cleanse the hair and scalp is essential. Stuffs like waxes, moisturizers or styling products (including dry shampoo) shoud be removed thoroughly.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If you dont see yourself curling almost daily moving forward, suggest to get yourself a perm. Think of looser curls and not tight curls. Most asians' hair texture are considered healthy - thick and coarse. But they are often straight which makes it naturally flat and heavy. Perming can help to give definition and shape. However, the consequence is that the hair will be generally dry and damaged after then.

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
How long do you all take to style your hair every morning? 5mins, 15 or 30? Don't factor in shower time, if any.

nichsong

Reaction score
Yes, this bottle of shampoo contains lesser conditioning agents but more of surfactants (yet certified organic ones) designed to remove stubborn build-up from your hair. Personally, I think having a bottle of deep cleansing to cleanse the hair and scalp is essential. Stuffs like waxes, moisturizers or styling products (including dry shampoo) shoud be removed thoroughly.

Sounds great! Think my scalp produces quite alot of oil naturally so I'm not a massive fan of conditioning shampoos which just add more weight to my hair. I just use Korial Vitamin Booster once or twice a week, or whenever my hair feels dry. Gives it a nice, lightweight moisturising treatment that gives me just enough moisture without feeling too heavy.

nichsong

Reaction score
How long do you all take to style your hair every morning? 5mins, 15 or 30? Don't factor in shower time, if any.

Have stopped using the hairdryer recently as my hair is shorter now, so.. about 10mins realistically haha. I only wet areas of my hair that are sticking up thanks to my pillow, and then dry those areas with cold air after getting outta the shower. After that, apply styling product and a blast of hairspray, and I'm good!

PinkOnion

Reaction score
If you dont see yourself curling almost daily moving forward, suggest to get yourself a perm. Think of looser curls and not tight curls. Most asians' hair texture are considered healthy - thick and coarse. But they are often straight which makes it naturally flat and heavy. Perming can help to give definition and shape. However, the consequence is that the hair will be generally dry and damaged after then.

That is true, I have permed my hair before last time and it ended up really dry and tangled. I am not sure if I am willing to do it again though...

PinkOnion

Reaction score
Hairspray recommendations/reviews?

I know Powerpoint is very popular here. What makes it popular and good? I have tried Gatsby's line of hairspray but they are just sticky and the hold doesn't seem strong.

I was actually contemplating between Tresemme Salon Finish Freeze Hold and Got2b Glued Blasting Freeze Spray.

Are there any hairspray that still allow you to touch and mess your hair around without losing hold?

:s12:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know Powerpoint is very popular here. What makes it popular and good? I have tried Gatsby's line of hairspray but they are just sticky and the hold doesn't seem strong.

I was actually contemplating between Tresemme Salon Finish Freeze Hold and Got2b Glued Blasting Freeze Spray.

Are there any hairspray that still allow you to touch and mess your hair around without losing hold?

:s12:

I don't know if it's popular or not. But to share my understanding for Power Point, 2 key points that make it unique - Weight and Shine. The hold itself is reasonably decent, but not outstanding enough to be a key selling point.

1. It's a lightweight spray that holds the hair well without pulling it down. Gives a natural finish as it dries very fast. Typical hair sprays will give a "wet" look as the dispensed liquid particles do not evaporate fast enough. When this happens, the weight inevitably goes up.

2. It is accompanied with matte finish, rather than the typical slight sheen. Seldom can you find matte hairsprays in the market. Due to our humid climate, most people find themselves being more accepting of matte finish (as it does not contribute to the oily look). However, that being said, I personally like my hair to have a slight shine finish (as my current permed hair looks dull and dry). Hence, it depends on one's needs.

The function of finishing hairspray is to hold and fix the place throughout the day. If you wish to restyle and to the extent of messing it around (for the messy look), then probably you should not be looking at a finishing hairspray. Suggest to look for a stronger hold wax/clay, and skip the finishing hairspray.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That is true, I have permed my hair before last time and it ended up really dry and tangled. I am not sure if I am willing to do it again though...

Then the next question will be: Are you accept this trade off - having to repair and maintain your hair regularly (so that it will eliminate the dry/damaged hair look) in exchange for having permed hair? Do note that having permed hair reduces your styling/blow-drying time, flexibility to have a variety of hairstyles and real good volume in the hair.

If yes, you have many options to look at. Vitamin booster, hair conditioner or even hair mask. And just in case you're worrying about the hair turning straight after using these products, rest assured that they will not. Because the hair bonds are already structurally damaged through chemical means.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

For me, it is largely dependent on the length and thickness of my hair.

Within 2 weeks after a haircut, blow-drying will be approximately 5mins. Styling another 5 mins. Total 10mins.

Within 3 to 4 weeks after a haircut, it increases slightly to approx 15mins. Mainly due to blow-drying taking up more time now.

When it is more than 4 weeks, this is when things started to get complicated and will take approx 20mins or slightly more. My hair will grow out of shape, takes longer to blow dry and harder to hold it well (end up using more products). Eventually, it leads to the hair looking flat and limp (because it's now harder to find the optimal point).

PinkOnion

Reaction score
I don't know if it's popular or not. But to share my understanding for Power Point, 2 key points that make it unique - Weight and Shine. The hold itself is reasonably decent, but not outstanding enough to be a key selling point.

1. It's a lightweight spray that holds the hair well without pulling it down. Gives a natural finish as it dries very fast. Typical hair sprays will give a "wet" look as the dispensed liquid particles do not evaporate fast enough. When this happens, the weight inevitably goes up.

2. It is accompanied with matte finish, rather than the typical slight sheen. Seldom can you find matte hairsprays in the market. Due to our humid climate, most people find themselves being more accepting of matte finish (as it does not contribute to the oily look). However, that being said, I personally like my hair to have a slight shine finish (as my current permed hair looks dull and dry). Hence, it depends on one's needs.

The function of finishing hairspray is to hold and fix the place throughout the day. If you wish to restyle and to the extent of messing it around (for the messy look), then probably you should not be looking at a finishing hairspray. Suggest to look for a stronger hold wax/clay, and skip the finishing hairspray.

Thanks for the insights! Do you use it personally? You know if it holds well against wind? My hair gets messed up easily by the wind as my hair is really fine and thin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.