The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

nichsong

Reaction score
Amby Hex Matte Scraper

Okay guys, down to it. I'll be straightforward. In terms of performance it's not anything special, and certainly not a game changer. HOWEVER, the selling point here is definitely the price, in which I paid $7+ 3.5oz of product. That's definitely more than affordable.

PERFORMANCE: In terms of the hold , it's decent, kind of in between a medium to a firm hold, depending on your hair length. (Take note that I tested this product at a point where my hair was grown out for 3 + weeks since my last haircut. ) Hair held okay with hairspray but drooped abit as the day went by. however, still able to rake and restyle easily.

I would say this is definitely a step up from gatzbee.. but that's really where it belongs. I'd say it performs pretty similarly to Fudge Matte Hed, for those who've tried it. Most of the products we have discussed about here can easily beat it in terms of performance. But..If you want a cheap product that performs alright and is easy to wash off, it's hard to find a better one with a better value for money.

freedom-strike

Reaction score
Hi all, been a while I last got into this thread. I'm thinking of a change of hairstyle, like those Modern Man hairstyles, those slick side/pompadour or something like those.

The issue is, if one's hair is cut quite short for the top part 1 month ago, and then 1 month later it grew longer but not that long, what would be the next step to getting those Modern Man haircut?

Advise? Thanks!

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
Now too late already, sgpomade just won Shopee award for best seller in the health and beauty category. See shopee facebook for their Sellers Ball event photos

Heartyman

Reaction score
HSA website>E-Services>Online Info-Search>Cosmetic Products> Type the company or brand name you that you want.

Thats how ubersuave and apestomen got exposed for being white label products.

Heartyman

Reaction score
Often the cheaper hair styling products you find at qoo10 or carousel are not authorized by the brands itself. Top brands do not allow their products to be sold p2p like carousel or qoo10 or taobao.

Just like the reason why you will not buy branded bags like Prada, Gucci, LV in qoo10. Authencity issue. I would rather pay $1-2 more and get it from authorized online stores.

Personally I only feel that this 3 sites are good local sites to buy your online hair styling products because they are authorized dealers.

http://hairbroducts.sg/
(Bought most of my stuffs here last time. 6-7 times)

http://thepanicroom.com.sg/webstore/en/
(Their pricing abit higher than others, only bought it once and stopped buying from them)

https://hervaux.com.sg/
(Tried this recently for its ladderboard system and its wide range. Impressed with the whole shopping experience.)

nichsong

Reaction score
Often the cheaper hair styling products you find at qoo10 or carousel are not authorized by the brands itself. Top brands do not allow their products to be sold p2p like carousel or qoo10 or taobao.

Just like the reason why you will not buy branded bags like Prada, Gucci, LV in qoo10. Authencity issue. I would rather pay $1-2 more and get it from authorized online stores.

Personally I only feel that this 3 sites are good local sites to buy your online hair styling products because they are authorized dealers.

http://hairbroducts.sg/
(Bought most of my stuffs here last time. 6-7 times)

http://thepanicroom.com.sg/webstore/en/
(Their pricing abit higher than others, only bought it once and stopped buying from them)

https://hervaux.com.sg/
(Tried this recently for its ladderboard system and its wide range. Impressed with the whole shopping experience.)

Abit of a correction though: It is possible for Resellers to create accounts and make listings on e-commerce platforms such as Carousel and Shopee. As far as I know, SGPomades have both Carousel and Shopee accounts.

Heartyman

Reaction score
Thats because his brands are not premium brands.

Premium brands like Morris Motley, Diamon Barber, Baxter of California, Shu Umeura, Balmain Paris Hair Couture, Truefitt&Hill, By Villain do not allow p2p sellers such as carousel, taobao, qoo10, amazon or ebay.

Due to branding image, they dont give anyone to sell their products. Esp ecommerce p2p.

You should be wary if you see these brands on sites like carousell, taobao or qoo10.

Its the same as luxury brands. Prada/Gucci/LV only distribute to their products to authorized companies like Singapore Duty Free, Lagardier. They dont give their products to p2p sellers on qoo10/taobao or carousell.

And also if you were to compare SGPomades products. A quick search on Singapore Health Science Authority reveals Ubersuave, Apestomen, both carried by SGPomades are made in China. These brands are white label products. Not the 'premium range' we are talking about.

Last edited:

Heartyman

Reaction score
Anyway, its your hair. Whether you want to buy cheap products with authencity issue or buy $1-2 more on authorized retailers is totally up to you. Or you can choose to buy whitelabel products.

Im just sharing what I read so far in this The Hair Thread and I hope my post can help others to be wary of what they are buying :s12:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for 17,18 teens, what hairstyle suit me?
my hair texture should be considered soft, cos last time always got problem styling, when wax back hair will drop to the side.
my current hairstyle now is side shave left side, leave back and side long. fringe long long time nvr cut ady.
is it good to continue my hairstyle, just that i ask the malay barber cut my hair thinner, and trim my right side so it doesnt touch the ear?

When I was 17 or 18, my hair (fringe and back) was very long too. Now looking back, I have a different perspective about that hairstyle then. Suggest to go for a neat and clean hairstyle. No need to be too fanciful to look good.

As to hair flopping at the side, not much way to tackle it. Either you tuck it in constantly throughout the day OR you apply more hairspray to hold it there.

Soft texture would be more suited to go for shorter hair length, due to the characteristic of not being able to hold styles well. Try not to use conditioner prior to styling, else it will make styling even more difficult. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey bros, where can i get any sort of heat protectant in SG? Will By Villain pre-styling spray/Original Blumaan suffice?

In general, sea salt spray does provide a certain level of heat protection. If you wish to get dedicated heat protectant, there are many kinds. Just look out for the keywords labeled on the products packaging.

However, truth is you're unlikely to need it if you're a guy. Before you can even utilise any benefits of heat protection, likely your hair is already snipped off by your hairstylist. It is more beneficial for ladies (obviously for those with longer hairlength) than guys.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay guys, down to it. I'll be straightforward. In terms of performance it's not anything special, and certainly not a game changer. HOWEVER, the selling point here is definitely the price, in which I paid $7+ 3.5oz of product. That's definitely more than affordable.

PERFORMANCE: In terms of the hold , it's decent, kind of in between a medium to a firm hold, depending on your hair length. (Take note that I tested this product at a point where my hair was grown out for 3 + weeks since my last haircut. ) Hair held okay with hairspray but drooped abit as the day went by. however, still able to rake and restyle easily.

I would say this is definitely a step up from gatzbee.. but that's really where it belongs. I'd say it performs pretty similarly to Fudge Matte Hed, for those who've tried it. Most of the products we have discussed about here can easily beat it in terms of performance. But..If you want a cheap product that performs alright and is easy to wash off, it's hard to find a better one with a better value for money.

A honest review from our bro here. Yes, Amby main selling point is on its price and decent quality. Washability is already one big plus point over Gatsby, if you're one who do not intend to spend much on hair grooming products.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, been a while I last got into this thread. I'm thinking of a change of hairstyle, like those Modern Man hairstyles, those slick side/pompadour or something like those.

The issue is, if one's hair is cut quite short for the top part 1 month ago, and then 1 month later it grew longer but not that long, what would be the next step to getting those Modern Man haircut?

Advise? Thanks!

You will need the hair at the crown to be longer. No shortcut. No easier way to go about doing that. Just wait out and let the hair grow. Your stylist should know what to do. At most layer a bit (depending on the stylist's idea of cutting the shape for you) and keep the sides short.

For pompadour, you cannot afford to layer the hair too much otherwise it will look disconnected and the feel will not be there. Also, it depends on your hair texture too. Personally, I feel that people w thick and coarse hair will be the ideal candidate to wear such style.

karlteo

Reaction score
Haha not paid uh . I wish .
Yup I don't normally style like that so I apologise. I prefer messy casual style.

Its just for all to see and info. Nothing to gain from. If everything in life must work to gain something, it must really be tiring. I just want everyone to have a better info on products before investing your money in something . That's why I said I'm not a good pomade reviewer . Never intended to be. Hence , using pictures easier to show my point across and good or bad is up to self discretionary. Rather than everytime say words , nobody know if it's true or false .

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

My 2 cents advise. I have been barbering for last 2 decades. Base on pict, the pomade have weak holding power. It doesn't makes the hair slick. If for messy look, this product is out. Will rate 1/10.

Heartyman

Reaction score
15Du6wE.png

miketay90

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any recommendations for hair dryer for styling? with cool (not hot) and strong fan speed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.