The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aarron Ramsey

Reaction score
Dont ever buy from chance.com.sg

Actually they are still mensbazaar. Their only meetup location is still near compass point, interestingly. Main hp number also same. May be they change name due to reputation issue. They changed it on carousell also and remade a new account with new name on shopee, same for their qoo10.

Source: I am undercover hair police

Hi bro, can share more info about what happened?

I used to patronise men's bazaar (mensbazaar) years back, so I went back to buy from their new site www.chance.com.sg.

I initially thought it was weird that they changed their name from MB to chance lifestyle, but I didnt put much thought to it, and just placed my order.

However, after 2 days, I received an email from the founder louis wong saying that its OOS. Then he told me he will refund me but after a few days, still hadnt got my refund, despite him telling me he will refund me yesterday :s22::s22:

Seems like his facebook page has lots of unanswered queries about late/missing orders

edit: he just refunded me but when i told him his business is a sham he told me i dont know how to run a business, lol.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bro, can share more info about what happened?

I used to patronise men's bazaar (mensbazaar) years back, so I went back to buy from their new site www.chance.com.sg.

I initially thought it was weird that they changed their name from MB to chance lifestyle, but I didnt put much thought to it, and just placed my order.

However, after 2 days, I received an email from the founder louis wong saying that its OOS. Then he told me he will refund me but after a few days, still hadnt got my refund, despite him telling me he will refund me yesterday :s22::s22:

Seems like his facebook page has lots of unanswered queries about late/missing orders

edit: he just refunded me but when i told him his business is a sham he told me i dont know how to run a business, lol.

lol chance sia. i think he's trying to change his image of his biz but he's the one with the problem.

jialat. take care guys.

Heimerich

Reaction score
Looking for Male Haircut Model~

Looking for guys who are available to be a hair model for a haircut on 18th Apr, 3 pm in Singapore~ Must be able to commit. Please PM me if you are interested or anyone you know who are interested. Thanks! :D

toaddd

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have been going to snip avenue to cut my hair recently and they have been telling me that my hair is oily and so on. I bought their shampoo and I can see that it is effective. But they told me in the next session that the top part of my hair has oily scalp and it prevents the inner hair from growing. They recommended me treatment that would remove that oily scalp but it will cost around sgd50.00 plus. Did anyone face the same problem and which product or shampoo do you use ? And anyone has went for the treatment before and is it really effective? Thanks!

nichsong

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have been going to snip avenue to cut my hair recently and they have been telling me that my hair is oily and so on. I bought their shampoo and I can see that it is effective. But they told me in the next session that the top part of my hair has oily scalp and it prevents the inner hair from growing. They recommended me treatment that would remove that oily scalp but it will cost around sgd50.00 plus. Did anyone face the same problem and which product or shampoo do you use ? And anyone has went for the treatment before and is it really effective? Thanks!

Tbh bro there's no such thing as a "cure" for oily scalp. If that's how they tried to market the "treatment" to you, that's utter BS. How much oil our scalp produces is down to several factors, one of which is genetics. Our scalp often produces excessive oil if the scalp ph is out of balance, etc after shampooing which strips the oils off, your body naturally excretes more in order to compensate for the loss. Some people recommend shampooing less often in order to let the scalp regulate itself better. But that is not an ideal solution for us living in hot and humid Singapore. What I'd recommend is to use a gentle, everyday cleansing shampoo. And whenever your hair feels a little dry, use a lightweight conditioner to moisturise it in order to balance it out. Hope this helps bro, and don't fall for all these unethical marketing tactics! (Unless scientifically proven with significant results)

Beru Ong

Reaction score
You can try Radium Medical Aesthetics at Suntec. My friend tried and i think it is very good!

- radium-aesthetics.com/treatment/led-red-hair-therapy
- radium-aesthetics.com/treatment/lasemd-hair-loss-treatment-laser

DrSheldonCooper

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think a honest opinion will be to find the right shampoo for your needs.

H&S is not deep cleansing shampoo and to combat against oily scalp, you need deep cleansing shampoo to cleanse the hair and scalp. Inevitably, it will make your hair relatively drier. But since you mentioned that your hair is oily (i.e. oily scalp and oily hair), then this property (drying out the hair) will help to control the oils in the hair.

One of the many options to consider is carbolic shampoo. :)

Hi there last time you mentioned you were bringing in an organic shampoo right? Is it in yet?

Heartyman

Reaction score
SGpomades is a legit website but carrying white label products like Ubersuave and Apestomen.

If you dont want your hair to feel like straw or turn bald before 35. Then continue to use these white label products. :s13:

Heartyman

Reaction score
3BvfgF6.png

15Du6wE.png

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there last time you mentioned you were bringing in an organic shampoo right? Is it in yet?

Yes, we're in the midst of getting this product in (will be in next month) and here's a photo to share!

This product is called TaiHair Green Tea Organic Shampoo. It contains 93% natural ingredients and it is certified organic by ECOCERT (based in Europe). To share my first impression for this product after using it for nearly 2 months (3 times per week) now:

1. Refreshing. It gives a strong minty feel on the scalp, and eliminates tiredness. Can really feel that my scalp is clean after usage.
2. Excellent Cleansing Strength. Able to cleanse off my intensive product buildup (I purposely spammed finishing hairspray and used SYOSS wax, which is relatively harder to wash off) with one wash. However, Green Tea shampoo will make the hair slightly drier (inevitable).
3. Nice aroma. The green tea aroma makes it addictive to using this product.
4. Chic packaging. It looks like a wine bottle, with a bamboo cap. Comes with a stopper for practical reasons (reduces leakage during transit) too. And 100% post-consumer recycled plastic too (for people who are concerned with saving the Earth).

TaiHair-Green-Tea-Organic-Shampoo-420ml.jpg

Also, some may find this product very much similar to the brand O'Right. But it is not the same. O'Right is 96% organic and the product packaging is different as well. O'Right marketing is strong though. However, both products originate from Taiwan and the product ingredients are very much similar. After using both, I personally can't tell any difference from it.

As many would have known by now, I do not bring in products that can be found almost everywhere because I don't believe in paying for the brand marketing. For myself, it's more of finding the right products at the right price. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.