The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigibut

Reaction score
:s12:Yes MM is one of the best product in the market right now. But if you prefer a lower cost option, try baxter of california next time. :s13:

to each his own unfortunately. I love MM as a product but it doesn't give me as much hold as I would expect. Everyone's hair is different in the end. do you guys use hairspray for MM? my EBL hairspray is not compatible with it in terms of formulation. looking to downgrade to the loreal satin spray for a more cost effective option.

in addition to your note, baxter is oily and doesn't wash off easily (I had to literally shower twice, not wash, shower twice). but MM washes off so easily you almost don't have to use shampoo.

Fizzable

Reaction score
i actuualy have used baxter clay pomade before but it was waaay to heavy in my hair, given how thin my hair is and how long it is as well, couldnt hold the volume i wanted. washing it off wasnt easy as well and i personally like to run my hand through my hair midday and not feel greasy. but it worked really well for shorter hair.

:s12:Yes MM is one of the best product in the market right now. But if you prefer a lower cost option, try baxter of california next time. :s13:

hwarong

Reaction score

Yeap, pretty heavy on me too. Oh yes, the washability is not as easy to MM bro.

hwarong

Reaction score
realised not many people talk about unorthadox homebrewed clay pomades... no love here? :(

Rare bro. Pomade community are mostly at those closed FB group pages. Since they're post their pictures and response using their personal FB users, so definitely no ********ting gg ard there. Unless they wanna do an all out war.

Anyway,
I personally got an Arcadian Clay, Prestige Hair Clay, Cellar Door Clay Pomade and the Ziggy Supply Singa Clay Pomade. Which one do you want me to review it?

Fizzable

Reaction score
as of now im still looking at matt finishes... i have arcadian clay which im v pleased with but i feel like it gives a slight shine

Rare bro. Pomade community are mostly at those closed FB group pages. Since they're post their pictures and response using their personal FB users, so definitely no ********ting gg ard there. Unless they wanna do an all out war.

Anyway,
I personally got an Arcadian Clay, Prestige Hair Clay, Cellar Door Clay Pomade and the Ziggy Supply Singa Clay Pomade. Which one do you want me to review it?

djoker

Reaction score
Came across this group called soslicksg. Some singaporean guys who claim they are the official brand ambassadors for apestomen or smth like that. Anyone else heard or follow them? They seem to be reviewing some local brand MIC products like quincy, apestomen etc lol. Opinions?

Www.instagram.com/soslicksg

Www.youtube.com/soslicksg

Last edited:

hwarong

Reaction score
as of now im still looking at matt finishes... i have arcadian clay which im v pleased with but i feel like it gives a slight shine

Matt Finish..A little tough to get a full Matt since UWBs are brewed with natural ingredients that comes with their shine itself. For eg, grapeseed oil, shea butter and petro jelly. These are some ingredients that helps the breaking down of the product though hahas!

Anyway,
On my side, Prestige Clay and Ziggy Supply Singa Clay Pomade are on the matt-ier side, compared on the 4 Clay pomades i had. Cellar Door is an oil-based clay pomade. So, its still got that natural shine look even though it consist of clay ingredients.

Among the 2 matt-ier ones that ive mentioned,
Both actually performs differently.

Prestige is the normal UWBs, meaning heavyweight matte paste and some effort needed on the scoop and breaking down before applying. Holding power, firm. Works best on slick pomps and comb methods. Since you got arcadian clay, Prestige feels like one too. Just different performance.

Ziggy Supply Singa Clay Pomade is on the creamier side. Semi-lightweight Cream clay and "zero to little" effort on the scoop and breaking down. Holding power, firm too. Though its creamier compared to most UWBs ive tried, somehow they manage to pull off the shine part. Its not total matt, but its a below average. Works good on both comb and finger comb too.

Pretty cool to try different clay pomades since every brands cook differently.

hwarong

Reaction score
Came across this group called soslicksg. Some singaporean guys who claim they are the official brand ambassadors for apestomen or smth like that. Anyone else heard or follow them? They seem to be reviewing some local brand MIC products like quincy, apestomen etc lol. Opinions?

Www.instagram.com/soslicksg

Www.youtube.com/soslicksg

Haha, yes.
I did notice about them since sgpomades keep on posting Soslick videos that review their products. Followed them too actually.

IMO, its a 50-50.
Apart from their "Apestomen", other brands like Quincy and Ubersuave are probably sent them a tub if they want them to do a review. Some are paid reviews (i believe so).
No hate on that, just that they should actually focus on proper products.

Quincy is ****. and to review their Colour Chaos Wax is even shittier. Its like reviewing something that can easily bought at those "toy outpost" cubicle shops.

On the good side,
At least we get to watch some unique and good ones. like Mensive, Poker Paste, Leo Pomades, Red House.
Bet you guys didnt know that Getzgy did a proper Collab product called Hybrid, unlike those Refined Supply' Rock n Roll or some **** like that.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah lazy sia HAHA maybe ill just get sidekick... any comparison between smooth/original and sidekick? does sidekick wash out easily?

all liquid based prestyler use water can rinse off but best to use shampoo to fully cleanse it.

SoggyBear

Master Member
Reaction score

Anyway,

Oh you got cellar door. Its the collab one right? How is it :s13:

Still haven't pull trigger on ace high pomade

aces89

Reaction score
im currently using redken roughclay 20, looking for an alternative. i dont like shine on my hair. pls recommend me something under 30 pls. Thanksss

hwarong

Reaction score
Oh you got cellar door. Its the collab one right? How is it :s13:

Still haven't pull trigger on ace high pomade

Yeap its the collab :)
Works good actually. But my mistake that i didnt know its a OB Clay pomade.
Meaning, gonna have more buildup compared to UWBs. Other than that, Hold, application, scent are great :) and way better compared to my 1st experience using Shear Revival products which was Music or Misery.
But, this cellar door is just a limited quantity as what The Pomp said in the blog. When its gone, thats it. So, pretty disappointed if wanna get the 2nd one once your current one is finish.

Current trend is the Ace high and nostalgic handmade actually. Didnt manage to get either as im planning to finish what i got now hahaha!

Last edited:

Fizzable

Reaction score
no doubt morris motley treatment styling balm bro scroll through the thread and this is the inly product you'll see. it may seem costly but its 100g for $45, far more worth than stuff like claymation and gold digger etc ($30+ 60g)

im currently using redken roughclay 20, looking for an alternative. i dont like shine on my hair. pls recommend me something under 30 pls. Thanksss

evildrug

Reaction score
Hanz De Fuko Claymation is overhyped. Not worth the $. :(

I think By Vilain is a better option compare to Hanz De Fuko if you go by price.
If not MM is still my no.1 choice to use as I am applying it almost everday for work.

spppamm

Reaction score
MM treatment styling balm is seriously good and worth every single penny. Ive tried many types of hair products and this one takes the cake.

gascon7

Reaction score
ODoud Matte Paste and Arcadian Clay

Hey anyone has feedback on this and if which suits long hair ( above nose fringe) to sweep back and hold?

Also if anyone is keen I have Manigto Wax Pomade(used <10%) and Label:M Pliable definer.
PM I can discuss further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.