Not open for further replies.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, use OS sea salt spray. I feel that Silver fox is too heavy for my hair. I have slightly curly hair; and shortly after i style my hair, it will fall slightly and curled itself on the side. Can Dynamite Clay do a better job? But I heard its hold isn't fantastic. And is it even more pliable compared to Silver fox?

Why not? Silver fox where got heavy sia. Lol try Sidekick Pre styling spray with it lor.
Dynamite Clay is my go to product now. Love the weight and the finish.
The hold is pretty strong too

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyway, i will see the cost of the new arrangement.
if it's not too jialat, maybe i got something special for you all.
exclusive to hwz.

ChickenRiceCrews

Reaction score
any people faces the same issue with sliverfox? rub it on my hand, it become super sticky and hard to apply onto the hair.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bros,

I was wondering if you can help me with some hair product advice

I tend to use Gatsby styling wax, the black/grey one (not moving rubber).

I'm looking for high hold and matte finish with no shine.

Do you think hdf claymation is best for me? Or the hdf quicksand.

I was also tempted by gold digger after the reviews. Anyways I'm currently wearing a quiff hair style.

thanks

Personally, I feel that GD might be too heavy for you to achieve the quiff that you want. You will need to use a finishing spray to ensure that it lasts through the day. I think gx mentioned about dynamite clay which might be more lightweight to achieve what you want.

Claymation, as many bros had commented, does not come with ideal hold. Quicksand, personally tried and proven, comes with no hold at all. I might be wrong but IMO, this is one of the products that basically does nothing. At least for me.

In a nutshell, you should be looking out for something that is lightweight. Its good that you know what you want - high hold and matte finish. Alternatively, EBL taste clay or vantachi clay can be options for your consideration too. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey peeps!

Finally, almost a month without dapper. And no dapper in the new thread! Hahaha:s13:

Anyway, I am here looking for advice. I have been using Silver fox for the past 6 months and there's less than 10-15% left to go. Well… i think the wax sort of soften upon application after approximately 30mins and lose a lot of volume thereafter. It's a little too pliable too. I actually prefer something that harden a little upon application. Any products to recommend? What about Vantachi? I heard it's sticky and I suppose sticky products tend to harden?

Cheers:s12:

Vantachi does not really harden. It allows pliability too. Yes it is sticky on hands during application but does not really stay that way on the hair.

If you're looking out for something that hardens, go for syoss tu-re wax. It hardens after application. In fact, relatively fast so you might have to work slightly fast when this product is in your hands. The hold is amazingly strong and works for all hair lengths. So if you're one going for the ultimate hold, syoss is a strong option to look at. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for normal everyday stylin I use wax, but for occasions where I need to look my best I use pomade because of its strong hold and good shine.

I had a crew cut a few weeks back, so I'm researching on what products to get so I'm ready to style my hair once it's long enough :s12:

What wax you recommend for everyday styling?

Prefer medium and higher hold and decent shine. I don't like dirty/grunge look. :o

Apologies for the lateness, bro!

You can consider PowerPoint Clay. Indeed a well-balanced styling product across hold, washability, pliability and applicability. Give it a try if you can! :)

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally, I feel that GD might be too heavy for you to achieve the quiff that you want. You will need to use a finishing spray to ensure that it lasts through the day. I think gx mentioned about dynamite clay which might be more lightweight to achieve what you want.

Claymation, as many bros had commented, does not come with ideal hold. Quicksand, personally tried and proven, comes with no hold at all. I might be wrong but IMO, this is one of the products that basically does nothing. At least for me.

In a nutshell, you should be looking out for something that is lightweight. Its good that you know what you want - high hold and matte finish. Alternatively, EBL taste clay or vantachi clay can be options for your consideration too. :)

qs good for korean messy hairstyle... those wake up look

;););)

xeonboy

Banned
Reaction score
Ok, the Powerpoint spray I ordered from junhong came last night. My biggest regret is that I didn't order this earlier!

very impressed by the fact that the hair managed to last the whole working day and when i came home, the hair looks exactly the same as it did when i stepped out of the house after styling.

so far, the spray managed to withstand mild to medium strength winds (medium strength = strong enough to make a huge portion of your hair fly in the direction of the wind), and after the wind stops, the hair pretty much falls back into place. Of course, need to use my hand to scrunch 2 - 3 times but that's it. previously, under same wind situations, i had to go toilet to re-style whole head due to hairstyle totally got walloped out of shape by wind.

can really feel like there's a 200 - 300g of "material weight" / heaviness on top of the hair, but funny thing is, it doesn't affect the hair volume and even gives definition to permed hair.

one thing which gave me a surprise is how big the spray can is. :D
was expecting something like a normal size gatsby can but it's like 50 - 60% larger. it's a good thing though.

i've yet to test the spray in those strong and super strong wind conditions, like the area around marina square often where the wind feels like beach level winds. :D

whether powerpoint spray will prove a match for those levels of winds will need to be seen and tested maybe this week or next week. :D

Mogan23

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sliverfox or Syoss Ture would be a good bet. Both have great hold and medium shine.

For really good shine you might want to look into oil based pomades, or water based pomades with oily characteristics :)

Apologies for the lateness, bro!

You can consider PowerPoint Clay. Indeed a well-balanced styling product across hold, washability, pliability and applicability. Give it a try if you can! :)

Thanks Bros, I'll check them out soon :s12:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Update!!!
Last 25 hours for 20% off by vilain!!!!
Get your fix asap before the price rise!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.