The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BallGag

Reaction score
Imho u should think long term and seek more sensible business partner(s). They seem to be really naive, if your post accurately translated their thoughts. And your time will be more productively spent working with a partner that protects your interest than having to constantly check out carousell and whistleblow to protect your business

Yeah. That's a really disappointing reply from them. I think you can probably woo them by committing to a high MOQ, but the way they responded to you doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Imho u should think long term and seek more sensible business partner(s). They seem to be really naive, if your post accurately translated their thoughts. And your time will be more productively spent working with a partner that protects your interest than having to constantly check out carousell and whistleblow to protect your business

That's what I thought. Since the day the screw up my order twice and don't seem to be sorry or try any way to make up.
The first. OK i can understand.
Second mistake after the CEO ensure that my order is going to be correct, screwed up.
He didn't apologise. Say he will check with his logistic and get back to me but nope. I have to keep asking before he say his logistic team send out the wrong order and that's it.
I have to ask countless time for a solution, end of the day, all I got was "will you be sending back the wrong order and then they will send us the right one?"

I have to pay for the shipping back and it's ain't cheap.
Why should I pay for his mistake?

Very dissatisfied and disappointed with then thereafter. They seem to forget who is the one or what helped them became popular in Singapore.

Still actively seeking for better products so I can replace their entire line.

End of the day there will still be a black market. And if it comes to that, I will reconsider this partnership. It just make me sick working with 2 person who doesnt really know how to run a biz when It gets big.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah. That's a really disappointing reply from them. I think you can probably woo them by committing to a high MOQ, but the way they responded to you doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

I once ordered 1000 tubs from them. That's a crazy Hugh commitment that I have to make knowing at that point of time. There are already many other seller. Took me 6 months to clear that out.
I am ready to commit but do they? Lol they don't know sg market. If they don't stay inline with sg price without shipping, for what people buy from us in sg? Must as well buy from Source.

Being a local seller, our competitive advantage is being available at anytime and slightly or rather cheaper than getting from them but it seems to be gone.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway they are in Denmark we are here. We all sellers in sg can partner, sell at a price that they never know, they also LL LOL

No govt here in sg also. Lol

sogatda

Reaction score
alright bro gx, I apologise for my lack of sensitivity regarding this issue. Really hope the price increase don't affect my all time fav prestyler sidekick :|

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
alright bro gx, I apologise for my lack of sensitivity regarding this issue. Really hope the price increase don't affect my all time fav prestyler sidekick :|

Apologies accepted.
:)
however, sorry to say, its a increase for all.

if you ever need one and you want to buy from me. let me know, i see what i can do.

i will be doing bundles and maybe price discount if you hit a certain amount per order but again, have to seek for slikhaar approval.

LAME. haha

Last edited:

Biggus Dickus

Reaction score
Gaoxing just wanna say you are really sway for meeting such a f-ed up supplier. But also, your business model is quite dangerous cause you only bring in from them. Good luck man!

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gaoxing just wanna say you are really sway for meeting such a f-ed up supplier. But also, your business model is quite dangerous cause you only bring in from them. Good luck man!

haha If i bring in HDF, i will eat my own words.
If i bring in pomade brands, i will swallow my own words, there's enough competition out there for pomade, and i don't even use pomade.
if i bring in american crew, i can't even.......... lol not for us at all but the stuff smells good. LOL
I can't bring in mainstream stuff like redken or others, we have salons and other chinatown stores doing that.
I can't bring in HK/CHINA stuff because we already have JH doing it and doing a good job.

if only that 2 cockster at denmark listened to me when i started in 2013, all these changes wouldn't happen and we will still be enjoying $24-$26 by vilain products up till today. Cause one sole distributor to control and distribute the product by law binded contract (if that's possible)

apparently humans have to see crap happening before they start to wake up, when they do, its too late and they have to take such measure to reverse the situation.

but I am looking into other waxes, trying to play around and ensure it works for, at the very least my hair, my bunch of tester friends hair and my brother before i even bring in.

I don't usually bring in stuff that i don't use/trust that it doesn't work.
I need to believe in that product that it works for me before i can even bring myself to sell it.
when you believe in that product and it works, you get all the confident to sell it and you will feel better selling it when your customers all come back to you and say "Hey bro, good stuff man, glad you brought this brand/product in.", you get a self satisfaction.

i try not be a sell out. haha :s13:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

anyway, all by vilain comes from them.
so feel sorry for all resellers.
or maybe those small one they order in small batches.
won't feel the pinch and the need for stocks when you need them.
hahaha i have to cancel quite a few orders on Sidekick because i am totally out.
Reason : They freaking screw up my order. bloody disappointed in them.
ask them make less videos la.
every week churn out videos.
no fresh content one

fatfleaz

Reaction score
Just when BV is becoming my favourite brand, looks like I have to find something more affordable

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just when BV is becoming my favourite brand, looks like I have to find something more affordable

hahahaha i still can do a good price on bundles.

don't kill off the brand first just because of the price. :s22:

dylanxdd

Reaction score
Maybe if all SG by vilain suppliers boycott their products for a period of time, they might eventually give in and go back to old pricing? I see their videos, they like to do all the statistics and stuff. Surely they will see a dip in sales to SG with this fixed pricing

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe if all SG by vilain suppliers boycott their products for a period of time, they might eventually give in and go back to old pricing? I see their videos, they like to do all the statistics and stuff. Surely they will see a dip in sales to SG with this fixed pricing

hahaha boycott sia. that's a good but very old idea.

:s22:

all we need to do is let it fall naturally in line.
lesser sales, reseller get lesser stock, then they will feel the pain in time to come.

haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.