The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dappergentleman

Reaction score
Need HELP! Strongest Driest Mens Hair Styling product?

Hello All!

I have been trying coming 5 different types of hair product for my hair now but it still does not seem to work out. I am now in dire need of help!

I am seeking for the Strongest and Driest(Mattest) styling product for my hair.

Ive gone from By Vilain Gold Digger to By Vilain Dynamite Clay to Slick Devil Pomade and till now i suppose Hanz De Fuko's Claymation is closest to what works on my hair. However, still not strong enough on the strength department :/

Are there any other hair products that you guys recommend?

Any input from you guys will be greatly appreciated

Sounds like you need a finishing spray to keep it all in place bro.

Glad to hear claymation works for you. My go-to product too. Gd tends to be too heavy for my hair.

Sent from TGS using GAGT

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need HELP! Strongest Driest Mens Hair Styling product?

Hello All!

I have been trying coming 5 different types of hair product for my hair now but it still does not seem to work out. I am now in dire need of help!

I am seeking for the Strongest and Driest(Mattest) styling product for my hair.

Ive gone from By Vilain Gold Digger to By Vilain Dynamite Clay to Slick Devil Pomade and till now i suppose Hanz De Fuko's Claymation is closest to what works on my hair. However, still not strong enough on the strength department :/

Are there any other hair products that you guys recommend?

Any input from you guys will be greatly appreciated

try vantachi.
gold digger still not dry enough? what kind of hair you have? :s22:

supercalifragillim

Reaction score
try vantachi.
gold digger still not dry enough? what kind of hair you have? :s22:

hi there. hows vantachi like? stronger than claymation? cause thus far claymations strongest and mattest for me. im actually not particular about the matteness i dont mind shine but apparently matte hair products turns out to be strongest.

i have thick straight hair. thanks for the help and response!

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi there. hows vantachi like? stronger than claymation? cause thus far claymations strongest and mattest for me. im actually not particular about the matteness i dont mind shine but apparently matte hair products turns out to be strongest.

i have thick straight hair. thanks for the help and response!

Gold Digger don't work for you? As far as I know gold digger is the strongest one I ever try. I have thick straight hair too
Try mixing gold digger and silver fox or Dynamite Clay.
Or even with claymation.

What style you wanna do?
Vantachi is soft.clay but dry as hell too.

supercalifragillim

Reaction score
thanks dappergen! i guess i'll try the bb -wink

hi again gaoxing. hmm i would prefer to just find a product that works rather than mixing two? haha anyway mine would be long straight thick hair just like many guys out there. long in a sense till my lip. i dont use a comb because i do not gancy the neat sleek look. i desire the matte natural finger-run back swab long hairstyle. okay is this confusing haha. im going to try the blind barber. in hope that it will be the one ive always been seeking for! praying it works better than claymation

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks dappergen! i guess i'll try the bb -wink

hi again gaoxing. hmm i would prefer to just find a product that works rather than mixing two? haha anyway mine would be long straight thick hair just like many guys out there. long in a sense till my lip. i dont use a comb because i do not gancy the neat sleek look. i desire the matte natural finger-run back swab long hairstyle. okay is this confusing haha. im going to try the blind barber. in hope that it will be the one ive always been seeking for! praying it works better than claymation

Pomade?
Pomade don't exactly gives you the end effect of what a wax or Clay can do.
Pomade is meant to be sleek.

Mixing 2 can give you results that might surprise you.

supercalifragillim

Reaction score
Pomade?
Pomade don't exactly gives you the end effect of what a wax or Clay can do.
Pomade is meant to be sleek.

Mixing 2 can give you results that might surprise you.

wow serious. i guess my next plan is to do the concoction you advocate then. darn hope something works out. i'll give bb a shot first to see!

dark_aLLeY

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quicksand like bo lat leh? Won't Claymation be better since it's stronger? Maybe I should try to do a little mixing as well. Got quite a few on hand.

GD, SF, QS, Claymation, DC, Joico.

Lol. Buffet man.

Quicksand gives u volume, GD gives you the strength to style.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quicksand like bo lat leh? Won't Claymation be better since it's stronger? Maybe I should try to do a little mixing as well. Got quite a few on hand.

GD, SF, QS, Claymation, DC, Joico.

Lol. Buffet man.

hahah you lose me a little.

do GD and DC, that combo is sex.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quicksand gives u volume, GD gives you the strength to style.

everyone says so but so far i use QS, i don't get volume.
lol i use DC i get more volume out.

maybe my hair not as good as i thought to be. :(

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Phyto shampoo worth the money? If not anyone can recommend something for oily scalp?

Living in such a humid country like Singapore, I believe almost every one would want to find something that is able to control the oils the hair and scalp; able to come out from shower feeling refreshed really makes one feel rejuvenated. As always, there will be alot of options for you to look at. You may also consider the following with their benefits stated briefly too, for your consideration.

1. Carbolic Moisturizing Shampoo
Charcoal is an amazing substance due to its adsorption properties. Charcoal’s ability to attract other substances to its surface and hold them there. This is called “adsorption” (not absorption). Charcoal can adsorb thousands of times its own weight in harmful substances. Hence, using this charcoal shampoo will not only cleanse your hair effectively, it will also give the scalp a soothing and refreshing feel.

2. Zahara N19 Nourish Shampoo
Deep penetrating shampoo, which is able to open up the pores in the scalp, to ensure a full and thorough deep cleansing of the scalp. Also, it is able to eliminate dry, itchy, flaky scalp conditions, such as dandruff and dermatitis, and provide the required nutrients and moisture for the scalp too.

zahara-shampoo.jpg

Last edited:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
everyone says so but so far i use QS, i don't get volume.
lol i use DC i get more volume out.

maybe my hair not as good as i thought to be. :(

Same. I use QS and the hold is almost zero for me. Totally crushed my faith in the brand. But on the other hand, i do agree that different people have different hair texture.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello, mine is very smooth.. For now using mousse, dry blow then mud.. am thinking to perm.. btw, hair is overlap.. side back no 1.

Look forward to advices. .

If your hair is very straight, there is not really any more alternatives for you to increase volume besides perming. Of course you can use mousse, SSS or even hair powder to create volume but these are temporary solutions. A more permanent one would be perming. However, for it to work well, the hair length has to be of certain length (i.e. touching the nose or longer) else perming might not be well worth the money for you too.

Anyway, using mousse might not be the most effective for you. Because it comes with the least hold and the heaviest (as compared to sss and hair powder), it is most likely to pull down the hair though its the easiest one in terms of application. Tradeoffs, as usual.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Code:
Why no one talk about hair growth tonics?

:(

:s13:

Simply because there are far too many people who feels that hair treatment products are not essential. Unfortunately, they are only of interest to people who feel that hair loss is becoming an issue to them. I always believe that prevention is better than cure and it goes a long way. If it strikes you then action is taken, it might be too late. Unsurprisingly, tons of money is then spent on finding corrective actions to rectify but sad truth is that it might or might not help you by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.