The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
wew..got balls to put down ppl but no balls to admit.. :s8:

anw, jus curious if anyone knows of any other home-brewed pomades made in sg..besides mcleod and the new lions mane

where do u even find those 2 u mentioned? LOL google dont tell me

dappergentleman

Reaction score
want to share my wax buying experience..

bought from dappergentleman from his instagram thegroomingsociety page..

contacted him on sunday, pay on sunday night, tuesday night receive parcel alr.. he even gave me video of the parcel posting at 2 plus am.. very hardworking..

got a gold digger and another pomade from him.. he was very polite and even gave me 2 hanz de fuko samples, quicksand and claymation free of charge..

prices very reasonable, speed very fast and items well wrapped in loads of bubble wrap.. he will still follow up and ask if i like the product and how i use all.. friendly guy..

will recommend him to all the bros.. cheap and good service.. will buy more next time... 2 thumbs up!

Thanks for the kind words bro. Hope to serve you again :)

Hanz de fuko samples still available, foc with any purchase.

Have a great day guys!

Sent from TGS using GAGT

sogatda

Reaction score
obviously not u lah, just 1 of your angsty customer ;)

Your first sentence is about what ah?
About someone sabo me? Haha. Cause I Sabo them pricing ma. At least I got balls to say it. Haha
They don't get me down easily. I am a relentless muthafker

sogatda

Reaction score
dapper u and sgpomades agree on some pricing model lately? seeing very simlar prices for similar tier of pomades haha

dappergentleman

Reaction score
dapper u and sgpomades agree on some pricing model lately? seeing very simlar prices for similar tier of pomades haha

25dbd959-28f0-44db-a2cc-89fb01f0a1a3-1604150960.png

He recently got banned for the 4th time. Looks like a permanent ban so I'm guessing it's due to really peeved customers. I'm not sure if his lowered prices are a reaction to his recent barring tho.

Anyway, the local brewer of Lionsmane Pomade is a SMU law student. Fun fact.

Sent from TGS using GAGT

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
obviously not u lah, just 1 of your angsty customer ;)

You mean you're one of my angsty customer? Lol
Nah I don't think so. I am fighting for good prices leh. Why would my customer sabo me lol. Confirm is one of my competitors la. Whoever he/she is. I pray for something to happen lol.

Kenzakisan

Reaction score
Hey bros does anyone know any solution to GD drying out ? Because i threw away my sealant and now my GD is kinda like dried out so when i apply it the product just doesn't really work at all as there is barely any hold now.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey bros does anyone know any solution to GD drying out ? Because i threw away my sealant and now my GD is kinda like dried out so when i apply it the product just doesn't really work at all as there is barely any hold now.

Use hair dryer to melt it.
You need to keep the sealant. Your seller never tell you that?
Or is it me? Haha

Kenzakisan

Reaction score
Use hair dryer to melt it.
You need to keep the sealant. Your seller never tell you that?
Or is it me? Haha
Okay thanks for the advice i'll try that to see if it works or i might consider changing to another product as my hair just doesn't hold for barely an hour. I got my GD from MensBazaar @ Carousell but he didn't tell me anything abt the sealant so i just threw it out lol

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay thanks for the advice i'll try that to see if it works or i might consider changing to another product as my hair just doesn't hold for barely an hour. I got my GD from MensBazaar @ Carousell but he didn't tell me anything abt the sealant so i just threw it out lol

What you meant by don't hold? Lol what style you doing? Haha reason why people don't tell you stuff like this.
Lol. My partner made stickers and paste inside the cab to tell ppl not to remove and throw away the sealant.
I tell verbally if meet up.
Hair dryer works but don't melt it entirely.

Kenzakisan

Reaction score
What you meant by don't hold? Lol what style you doing? Haha reason why people don't tell you stuff like this.
Lol. My partner made stickers and paste inside the cab to tell ppl not to remove and throw away the sealant.
I think its because the wax became too dry and it's so difficult to work into my hair so at first when i style it it looks okay but after like an hour it just flops around and eventually falls all over. The style i am doing is just a normal pompadour ah. I wish i would i known that earlier though i thought it was because it doesn't suit my hair type until i saw a earlier post about By Vilain products having the tendency of drying up without the sealant.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think its because the wax became too dry and it's so difficult to work into my hair so at first when i style it it looks okay but after like an hour it just flops around and eventually falls all over. The style i am doing is just a normal pompadour ah. I wish i would i known that earlier though i thought it was because it doesn't suit my hair type until i saw a earlier post about By Vilain products having the tendency of drying up without the sealant.

Buy from a better seller next time Haha because you never use Pre styling spray for volume of course will flop. No volume how to have pomp. In my opinion, Dynamite Clay will suit better.
Less dry but matte but lighter.
Add with Sidekick. Confirm pomp gao gao
But if you want extreme hold with volume.
Sidekick spray and gold digger.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya the hair dryer method works for me too.

Anyway, My gold digger harden due to myself didn't turn tightly of the cap.

Use the hair dry to blow all around the tub. Not just blowing the top. Once you felt it's shiny and soft. It's all good.

Maybe can DIY a seal cover? Cut the size of the Cover, then use cling wrap to wrap around the round shape? Then you can pop it into the cap. Haha :D.

Sent from from using using GAGT

zc_squash

Reaction score
Picked up the Layrite Super Hold from dapplegentleman this afternoon.

Nice chap :)

IMG_20150614_131136.jpg

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think dapper and the seller is different person.
unless they share account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.