The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If i can be considered as a neutral, i would like to say that the three mentioned are different people. Know them personally and they are just passionate about the things that they love. Do bear in mind that this is a forum. In this public domain, everyone is free to express their thoughts but before you start, one thing for sure is to get your facts right. Otherwise, it will come hitting back at you. Take everything said with a pinch of salt and you might find yourself accepting things easier. Cheers :)

tumblr_n7dfrpc4B21tv4k5po1_500.gif

yzhirong

Reaction score
Hey anyone here uses the Arimino freeze wax?
Its like the main wax sold in Shunji Matsou i've been using it for a while now and i really like it a lot.

Problem is it is expensive to buy from Shunji and i was wonder if anyone who uses it can share how much they are paying for it =x

Thanks ! :D:s22:

dark_aLLeY

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I suggest all the affiliates to put the link to your web-store in your signature(s)?

So that we can click and go straight to the site. :D

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I suggest all the affiliates to put the link to your web-store in your signature(s)?

So that we can click and go straight to the site. :D

haha we did and got marked. :(

hahaha we can put in in the first page of the thread thought

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't say that la. Lawyer does not automatically mean he/she is capable.

You are capable in your own field(s). Certainly in knowledge and sale of hair products at the least :)

Thanks for your kind words bro! :)

On a side note, for people visiting FEP to get their haircut done, you guys may consider giving Hair Factor a try. It is located just beside Clover, on the 2nd level. Just newly setup and the director is John, who was with Clover previously. Director cut is $45 but there is 10% discount now as opening promo.

Got my haircut done w him 2weeks before. Satisfactory cut and takeaways are that he knows his stuffs well. He did mentioned that hair spray is essential in Singapore due to the humidity. Some may disagree while others would raise both hands up. I belong to the latter and i absolutely agree with him. I guess the hair texture plays an important part.

Here's the remark that kept me thinking. He added that "only powdery hairsprays will pull the hair down." I have been thinking for quite awhile but i dont recall encountering such hairspray. It could also mean hairsprays with big liquid particles/grainy texture that couldnt evaporate that easily. Have you guys encounter such before?

Also, sometimes i wonder whats the difference between a good and bad stylist. To me, both "good" and "bad" stylists can sometimes give you a visually pleasant haircut too. (First impression after haircut) So at certain times, it kept me thinking so why am i paying more for the "good" stylist if both can give me the same effect that i am happy with? What is the difference between the "expensive" and "generally affordable" haircut? Yes i know their experience matters. Branding of the salon matters. Location too. Branding and location are external factors, nothing to do w the stylist. Experience does though but unless i ask them directly, i wouldnt know too.

So i pose this question to John. He replied "the layering. How good the layering is depends on the stylist." Every hairstyle needs layering (yes, slickback too). The variation across the many hairstyles means that the amount of layering involved is different. Quiff requires more layering while slickback requires lesser. Here's the question - How much to layer actually depends on the gut feelings of the stylist. A wrong judgment might not result in a bad cut straight away but a few days/weeks down the road, it could mean something. No llayering means that there is no shape that can be effectively brought out. So now, i understood further - that i am paying more for a "good" haircut that could effectively give me a better haircut with a lasting, good hairshape. Some of you guys might know already but just something simple that i would like to share w the community here. Needless to say, dont forget your hair grooming products too. Happy friday, everybardi. :)

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
^ wall of text, no picture.
disappointing much

hahaha

come come show yandao face!!!!!!!!!!

dappergentleman

Reaction score
Thanks for your kind words bro! :)

On a side note, for people visiting FEP to get their haircut done, you guys may consider giving Hair Factor a try. It is located just beside Clover, on the 2nd level. Just newly setup and the director is John, who was with Clover previously. Director cut is $45 but there is 10% discount now as opening promo.

Got my haircut done w him 2weeks before. Satisfactory cut and takeaways are that he knows his stuffs well. He did mentioned that hair spray is essential in Singapore due to the humidity. Some may disagree while others would raise both hands up. I belong to the latter and i absolutely agree with him. I guess the hair texture plays an important part.

Here's the remark that kept me thinking. He added that "only powdery hairsprays will pull the hair down." I have been thinking for quite awhile but i dont recall encountering such hairspray. It could also mean hairsprays with big liquid particles/grainy texture that couldnt evaporate that easily. Have you guys encounter such before?

Also, sometimes i wonder whats the difference between a good and bad stylist. To me, both "good" and "bad" stylists can sometimes give you a visually pleasant haircut too. (First impression after haircut) So at certain times, it kept me thinking so why am i paying more for the "good" stylist if both can give me the same effect that i am happy with? What is the difference between the "expensive" and "generally affordable" haircut? Yes i know their experience matters. Branding of the salon matters. Location too. Branding and location are external factors, nothing to do w the stylist. Experience does though but unless i ask them directly, i wouldnt know too.

So i pose this question to John. He replied "the layering. How good the layering is depends on the stylist." Every hairstyle needs layering (yes, slickback too). The variation across the many hairstyles means that the amount of layering involved is different. Quiff requires more layering while slickback requires lesser. Here's the question - How much to layer actually depends on the gut feelings of the stylist. A wrong judgment might not result in a bad cut straight away but a few days/weeks down the road, it could mean something. No llayering means that there is no shape that can be effectively brought out. So now, i understood further - that i am paying more for a "good" haircut that could effectively give me a better haircut with a lasting, good hairshape. Some of you guys might know already but just something simple that i would like to share w the community here. Needless to say, dont forget your hair grooming products too. Happy friday, everybardi. :)

Good stuff good stuff.

Sent from TGS using GAGT

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Not all hairstyles need layering la. Single length hairstyles if you go layer will be damn ugly.

To me a good hairstylist is consistent with the way he or she holds and cuts the hair. So that the length that remains is exactly the length he or she intends. I see a lot just grab a hugh bunch of hair and jus cut. The hair in the middle of the bunch will be shorter than those at the side, because trigonometry. If they didn't take this into account, it's pretty bad.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
layering = not too much, will look crappy and choppy. Especially with comb back or quiff will have shorter hair sticking out like a sore thumb.
layering = creates texture and fullness when styled. when go unstyled, will look choppy and little.

Layering needed but not too much
tumblr_nhwh82OtWx1tzyq5vo1_1280.jpg

almost no layering
tumblr_ng3d05tBYa1tzyq5vo1_1280.jpg

Rivers

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations to whether air salon or haar attic is better for cutting guys short hairstyles? Thanks.

Red_Cheesepie

Master Member
Reaction score
Any other styling products to recommend for hair that is soft? I'm currently using Toni&Guy Pomade. I usually backcomb only.

dappergentleman

Reaction score
Any other styling products to recommend for hair that is soft? I'm currently using Toni&Guy Pomade. I usually backcomb only.

I personally find that the Toni and Guy pomade can't hold for nuts.

Can take a look at my instagram, thegroomingsociety. Have very wide arsenal of pomades available for you to choose from, for your desired comb back.

You can also whatsapp me 98five0three663, would love to help you out personally. HWZ members get 1 dollar off all items.

Cheers!

Sent from TGS using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.