The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

xeonboy

Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone here tried using olive oil before to de-tangle the hair? My hair seems to get entangled quite a lot these days (entire bunches of hair all over the head).
My hairdresser says to coat the hair in olive oil and then use comb to comb, sure can de-tangle. Wanna hear some opinions here. Tks!

Because i am often trying out new stuffs, the workload onto my scalp is heavy.
Yo JH, just saying, but I think you should reduce the abuse on your scalp somewhat.

I understand you need to try the products before you can tell us if it's good or bad, but should be a limit to it ;)
The last thing you want is a bald patch before 35 yrs old! :) Hair loss is a very scary thing.

Time to order my 2nd bottle of PP spray!

BeanFarmer

Reaction score
@deatheorist

Dropped by gataomo today and had a really positive experience. Waited for 5 mins before they washed my hair. Never met a stylist thats so meticulous with touching up after the initial cut. Was served by Leon and heard he's new. Maybe that's why he had such a good attitude

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here tried using olive oil before to de-tangle the hair? My hair seems to get entangled quite a lot these days (entire bunches of hair all over the head).
My hairdresser says to coat the hair in olive oil and then use comb to comb, sure can de-tangle. Wanna hear some opinions here. Tks!

Yo JH, just saying, but I think you should reduce the abuse on your scalp somewhat.

I understand you need to try the products before you can tell us if it's good or bad, but should be a limit to it ;)
The last thing you want is a bald patch before 35 yrs old! :) Hair loss is a very scary thing.

Time to order my 2nd bottle of PP spray!
Extra virgin olive oil is damn sticky tho... I wouldn't use it even tho some ppl love to claim it's all natural and whatever ********.

I personally only use blended oils that are made for hair.

Sent from a based SONY using GAGT

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
@deatheorist

Dropped by gataomo today and had a really positive experience. Waited for 5 mins before they washed my hair. Never met a stylist thats so meticulous with touching up after the initial cut. Was served by Leon and heard he's new. Maybe that's why he had such a good attitude
Awesome!

I was served by one of the founders I think. The boss's sister I think. Also super good attitude de.

SKinny86

Master Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend me a wax which is light weight and good hold?
I feel GD is too heavy for my way of styling. Normally i'll spike my hair a little.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend me a wax which is light weight and good hold?
I feel GD is too heavy for my way of styling. Normally i'll spike my hair a little.

blumaan - but long delivery date

as of now. misterpomp beeswax, dynamite clay, vantachi etc.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Extra virgin olive oil is damn sticky tho... I wouldn't use it even tho some ppl love to claim it's all natural and whatever ********.

I personally only use blended oils that are made for hair.

talking about blended oils, i have a buddy who DIY his own stuff.
got some from him. solid sia.

home brew with all the good essential oil. mostly natural stuff.
i think he is selling them.

simple solid blend which is good for the hair

sogatda

Reaction score
yeahh please bring in morris and gravity paste soon. based on latest feed from blumaan channel, I foresee the blumaan wax 1 sure got major delay in arrival. those who preordered, good the luck arr haha

o any1 heard of the new carousell rival app - shopee? seem legit leh, got free promo codes for buyer sommore. mayb worthwhile to sell your loot there guy, seller get higher sales at fixed price, buyer buy more at discounted price. win win for both lol=:p

http://mall.shopee.sg/shop/#shopid=10159 - sgpomades there too loool
http://mall.shopee.sg/shop/#shopid=30957

Last edited:

nexusRAGER

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cut down to washing hair with shampoo only once a day.. but morning hair still feels oily what to do? l

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
talking about blended oils, i have a buddy who DIY his own stuff.
got some from him. solid sia.

home brew with all the good essential oil. mostly natural stuff.
i think he is selling them.

simple solid blend which is good for the hair

Er, speaking of blended oils, do you have any brand to recommend that can be purchased easily? I prefer not to DIY if possible :)

what is this?? i'm interested leh!!! hook me up!!

RyanCCY

Reaction score
Managed to try the Jas-you-nic censored pomade that the guys over there hoot me up with.
Not really a pomade person and first time try pomade so can't really compare with other pomades.
But overall, good hold . Water-based . Local brand .
It has a watermelon scent . Crystal Blue in colour .
And shine is just right .
Still versatile throughout the day .
Plus , they are marketing it as a startup pomade and making it more affordable to younger audiences .
Cost at only 21 SGD .

If interested can try .
www.jasyounic.com

8DL8uagl.jpg

Z5Tenz8l.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

dudered

Reaction score
Managed to try the Jas-you-nic censored pomade that the guys over there hoot me up with.
Not really a pomade person and first time try pomade so can't really compare with other pomades.
But overall, good hold . Water-based . Local brand .
It has a watermelon scent . Crystal Blue in colour .
And shine is just right .
Still versatile throughout the day .
Plus , they are marketing it as a startup pomade and making it more affordable to younger audiences .
Cost at only 21 SGD .

If interested can try .
www.jasyounic.com

8DL8uagl.jpg

Z5Tenz8l.jpg

Your hair sticking out and the untidyness at your base hair area shows it doesn't have a good "slick factor", which all pomades should have. Like that defeat the purpose of using one. Hold wise I see like so-so only. Nothing fantastic. Top up abit more can get blind barber or imperial barber pomade.

Got paid for this review eh?

RyanCCY

Reaction score
Your hair sticking out and the untidyness at your base hair area shows it doesn't have a good "slick factor", which all pomades should have. Like that defeat the purpose of using one. Hold wise I see like so-so only. Nothing fantastic. Top up abit more can get blind barber or imperial barber pomade.

Got paid for this review eh?
Haha not paid uh . I wish .
Yup I don't normally style like that so I apologise. I prefer messy casual style.

Its just for all to see and info. Nothing to gain from. If everything in life must work to gain something, it must really be tiring. I just want everyone to have a better info on products before investing your money in something . That's why I said I'm not a good pomade reviewer . Never intended to be. Hence , using pictures easier to show my point across and good or bad is up to self discretionary. Rather than everytime say words , nobody know if it's true or false .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.