The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good question! Later i ask my wife see my scalp. Its really cooling btw.

Now you reminded me, my scalp does feel more comfortable than last time. Dont have that once a while itchy feel. Dont feel that my scalp is as oily as before also. But i also started to use ice lemon tea by blind barber around 2 or 3 weeks ago so not fair to gauge?

But guys please invest more on your hair, good shampoo, conditioner and all. Dont later drop hair, balding then regret...

I am no link to any hair products website. But i confirm no support sgpromode even if its free. Good luck to you!

Amongst the many recommended shampoos and conditioner, here is another option for those who are slightly on budget. Feeling Menthol Shampoo and Feeling Silky Finish Conditioner.

A pure menthol shampoo to give you the refreshed and "cleansed" feeling after your shower. Because Feeling shampoo is formulated with botanic extracts and Multivitamin complex, it is accompanied with antiseptic, cooling properties, gives deodorizing and refreshing effects as well as the sensation of cold. And if you're feeling lethargic and wants to be freshened up quickly, menthol shampoo can be a good option to look at.

And not to forget the conditioner. It contains jojoba oils and is able to hydrate the hair very well, yet not feeling too oily at all. In case you're wondering what is jojoba oil about Jojoba is an emollient – it fills in cracks that are on the surface of the hair cuticle, and also hydrates hair from the inside of the hair shaft. i.e. it helps to repair hair damaged by heat and styling.

So if you're wondering how can you treat your hair, using hair care products should be the way to go. Notably, though some styling products do come with treatment properties, I strongly believe that different products play different distinct functions along the way.

feeling-shampoo-conditioner.jpg

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just an update of the Baxter's Clay Pomade.

It has been a day in, I finally got the amount right. Right now my loose textured slick back pomp hybrid has lost a fair bit of volume, but the hold is still there, the hair is still touchable and best of all the hair still retains the soft satin shine from the morning (definitely a feature of having petroleum as the main ingredient).

The lost of volume isn't all that bad, my hair basically looks like the below - it had more of a quiff in the front in the morning - now it's less quiff and more slickback:
10665612_374162616106783_988327938_n.jpg

In all, as mentioned, if you want that matte textured slickback with that sexy touchable hair that last for hours, please use this. For sure I prefer this to sliver fox or gold digger, and this is coming from one who thought sliver fox was the bomb.

Nice sharing. Overall, this product seems to be pretty interesting. :)

But I am just wondering how did this dry-texture clay manage to give shine to the hair. Not sure if you meant petroleum as petroleum jelly but with this in it, wouldn't the texture feel more of "soft" rather than dry? Furthermore, wouldn't it add the weight to it as well as making it harder to cleanse off?

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score

But I am just wondering how did this dry-texture clay manage to give shine to the hair. Not sure if you meant petroleum as petroleum jelly but with this in it, wouldn't the texture feel more of "soft" rather than dry? Furthermore, wouldn't it add the weight to it as well as making it harder to cleanse off?

ya its petroleum jelly. basically an oil based pomade with clay. i think the clay particles help to stick to the oils. like when you hands have like machine oil on them... rubbing with fine sand would help alot. i think same logic.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

hmm. you want some? haha let you test. self collect. haha

it feels paste-y but soft. yet not too soft. need to emulsify.
once in hair, won't feel the tugging but you will see the hold forming.
shine is there cause i think cause it has some petroleum.
weight wise is ok. pretty similar to gold digger.
but its soft weight, not like gold digger heavy weight.

cleansing wise, depends how much you use.
got once i over use, harder to wash out. haha
hard to explain. need to try.

i wasn't expecting anything from it when i bought it to test but it gives me results. pretty impressed.
glass jar some more. haha

finish using can use it for candles

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nobody want my friend serum?
haha sad.

only got 3 orders. haha

i maybe bringing in the morris motley cleansing oil.

i heard from DT, he used before. quite solid.
he told me to use cleansing 3-4 times a week to do a deep cleansing.
normal days, can use blind barber/kanebo/or any shampoo you prefer.

condition and everything swee swee.
but not cheap la the cleansing oil.

Bulletbreaker

Reaction score
haha sad.

only got 3 orders. haha

You bring in mm cleansing oil, I'm the first in the queue no doubt :s13:

soilwork

Reaction score
haha sad.

only got 3 orders. haha

Went to read up about MM after seing the hype from you guys. I am interested in the cleansing oil more than the balm lol

My shampoo finish already maybe i try this :D

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to read up about MM after seing the hype from you guys. I am interested in the cleansing oil more than the balm lol

My shampoo finish already maybe i try this :D

hahaha. hoot BB and MM.
BBMM. satki max. hahaha:s12:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think can share with my wifey. Ok i support u one bottle k!

swee. just did the order 5mins ago. let's see where this bring us.

if your wife like means really good liao.
woman quite particular about hair products one.
:s12:

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
huart arh huart arh! the mm oil is really the special! thats why i tell gx recommend yall alternate with your normal shampoo and conditioner routine. slowly ease into the wonders of no-poo cleansing. its like this oil that will become some cream if kenna water... so apply it like a conditioner and rub scalp abit. then rinse can liao. dont expect it to foam cos it wont. dont expect your whole head to feel like theres smth there when u applying, cos it will feel like a very thin conditioner.

pretty odd right? but the feeling after u come out of shower is really the different one

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have one bottle coming in. haha testing it and review.

never use before also. if good, means jialat. hahaha need spend more money

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw the youtube review. Looks amazing.

Me too haha water become milk liquid. Haha. But not cheap ah Haha 250ml direct is 70 sgd. I shld selling at 65. Lol.
I guess a little will be enough to cleanse? Haha need test first. Then can say how much is needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.