The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogan23

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My hair will start to curl up when it gets Long, making styling more tedious.

Will using a hair straightener work?
And do I need to apply anything in my hair before using the straightener?? Some of the hair tutorial videos mention heat protectant. Uni don't have that

kiatky

Reaction score
What is a clay pomade? Is it a product that works similarly to a wax/clay? Is it like a wax that's versatile and can be used with typically any ''messy'' hairstyles?
*Messy i mean not those clean/slick hairstyles.

I understand the other types of pomade but not clay pomade.

So generally:
Oil Based: super oily, used for slick hairstyles, hard to wash off, insane hold
Water Based: Same as oil based just that it's not oily but less hold, easy to wash off
Gel Pomade: Tends to harden up? Not very sure
Clay pomade: ???

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is a clay pomade? Is it a product that works similarly to a wax/clay? Is it like a wax that's versatile and can be used with typically any ''messy'' hairstyles?
*Messy i mean not those clean/slick hairstyles.

I understand the other types of pomade but not clay pomade.

So generally:
Oil Based: super oily, used for slick hairstyles, hard to wash off, insane hold
Water Based: Same as oil based just that it's not oily but less hold, easy to wash off
Gel Pomade: Tends to harden up? Not very sure
Clay pomade: ???
Clay pomade is like the opposite of oil based. Oil based is used for slick hairstyles, whereas clay pomade is used for volume and textured look while maintaining a level of hold.

There's two types of Water Based: Orthodox and Unorthodox. Orthodox is your regular gel pomade which hardens up, and Unorthodox which is a emulsification of water, wax and oil so it behaves like an oil based but a lot easier to wash off (need shampoo).

Sent from Carl Sagan's secret spaceship using GAGT

Last edited:

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
Is the daimon barber number 3 consider an unorthodox water based? How hard is lockharts' matte clay (hardest?) to wash off compare to claymation (hard) & baxter clay pomade (harder) ? Thank you.

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the daimon barber number 3 consider an unorthodox water based? How hard is lockharts' matte clay (hardest?) to wash off compare to claymation (hard) & baxter clay pomade (harder) ? Thank you.
Nope. Daimon No. 3 is your regular all natural vegan oil based pomade. To identify an unorthodox water based u need to see the ingredients. It will have water(aqua) mentioned first, follow by oils (eg. hydrogenated castor oil, lanolin, petrolatum, liquid paraffin, coconut oil, jojoba oil, argan oil, sweet almond oil, sunflower oil, olive oil, vegetable oil, mango butter etc.) or wax (beeswax, soy wax, microcrystalline wax, carnauba wax etc.). Usually there will be another ingredient, emulsifier (emulsifying wax NF or lecithin/borax), to combine the oil, wax and water together so that all these ingredients combined makes it easier to wash off by using much less shampoo, compared to your typical oil based.

Last edited:

dappergentleman

Reaction score
Yep like what whysoliddat said,
No.3 is a light/medium hold oil based.

Lockhart's matte clay is a med hold clay.

Baxter clay and claymation are heavier and stronger products.

Whysoliddat closet pro sia. Haha

Sent from TGS using GAGT

Bulletbreaker

Reaction score
Got my daimond Barber clay pomade from dapper. Overall satisfied with the product. At first open up the jar, wah the smell not really that nice to me imo. Till I apply it to my hair then it starts to smell a little bit nicer (I don't know why)

Scooping it out was like mm! That's a plus point already! Hence, I only use one scoop and now I'm typing this currently in Malaysia. Fell asleep in the car and woke up hair still same position. That's another plus point also (p.s I sleep like taking roller coaster)

Finally, it hardens up like a normal water based pomade. Comparing it to mm, mm doesn't harden up at all. All in all, very happy with the product! And a big thanks to dapper for hooking me up with this! Now need to play around with which product to use when I go out :s22: usually I'll just pick mm, and bam out I go. Now, oh well it's a matter of preference :s13:

I'll still pick mm over this. It's a matter of preference. Have a good day guys! Cheers dapper!

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got my daimond Barber clay pomade from dapper. Overall satisfied with the product. At first open up the jar, wah the smell not really that nice to me imo. Till I apply it to my hair then it starts to smell a little bit nicer (I don't know why)

Scooping it out was like mm! That's a plus point already! Hence, I only use one scoop and now I'm typing this currently in Malaysia. Fell asleep in the car and woke up hair still same position. That's another plus point also (p.s I sleep like taking roller coaster)

Finally, it hardens up like a normal water based pomade. Comparing it to mm, mm doesn't harden up at all. All in all, very happy with the product! And a big thanks to dapper for hooking me up with this! Now need to play around with which product to use when I go out :s22: usually I'll just pick mm, and bam out I go. Now, oh well it's a matter of preference :s13:

I'll still pick mm over this. It's a matter of preference. Have a good day guys! Cheers dapper!
So this is no.4? And a clay that hardens up? I think sansanjikikut might be referring to no.4. I totally forgot no.4 exist. Dapper, did james make a review on this yet?

xeonboy

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys, need some advice here. Are there any conditioners that are protein & silicone free? Reason I'm asking is that my hair seems to be protein sensitive, whereby after using conditioner, the hair becomes stiff and worry. I've tried many different brands from Guardian pharmacy. Tks!

dappergentleman

Reaction score

Thanks for the review bro! Will let you know when the '3' is in. Haha you have pm!

So this is no.4? And a clay that hardens up? I think sansanjikikut might be referring to no.4. I totally forgot no.4 exist. Dapper, did james make a review on this yet?

Yep no.4. No review by James yet but he loves daimon la. Lol some dude called spaceman quiff reviewed it and its all praises.

Sent from TGS using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.