The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeMisE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So, I admit maybe I am a hair idiot. Used BB90,sidekick, round brush and blowdryer and I still get my hairstyle to flop down.

I wanna make the recently notorious "curry pok" hair with the fringe all the way combed to the back. Problem is, I've read some people saying u can't do that hairstyle with pure dry hair, but like that how to blowdry with pre-styler? Semi-wet?

What i did was:
- Towel dry wet hair
- few pumps of sidekick all over the hair
- Blow dry with the round brush to curl up the fringe and the sides, Max heat then cold air blow when curled up
- apply BB90 ( 1 small scoop) from behind to the front

Any sexpert here can tell me what i did wrong? My hair refuse to go behind, instead opting to part to the sides...

Picture at the end of the day
Y7L5FPbl.jpg

Last edited:

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So, I admit maybe I am a hair idiot. Used BB90,sidekick, round brush and blowdryer and I still get my hairstyle to flop down.

I wanna make the recently notorious "curry pok" hair with the fringe all the way combed to the back. Problem is, I've read some people saying u can't do that hairstyle with pure dry hair, but like that how to blowdry with pre-styler? Semi-wet?

What i did was:
- Towel dry wet hair
- Blow dry with the round brush to curl up the fringe and the sides, Max heat then cold air blow when curled up

Any sexpert here can tell me what i did wrong? My hair refuse to go behind, instead opting to part to the sides...

Y7L5FPbl.jpg
Maybe your hair too short, or u not using enough? Maybe try 3 or 4 scoops. To style a pompadour or "curry pok", u need a strong hold product, or need to apply more product for it to stay in shape.

The easiest way is to use sidekick, blowdry into shape while brushing ti get the foundation shaped up, (all of which you did right) and apply a scoop at a time, blowdry slightly while using you hand to shape, then apply more till u get the general shape. Then use a flat comb to set the whole shape into place, while perfecting your curry pok.

Sent from an alternate dimension without using GAGT

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Maybe your hair too short, or u not using enough? Maybe try 3 or 4 scoops. To style a pompadour or "curry pok", u need a strong hold product, or need to apply more product for it to stay in shape.

The easiest way is to use sidekick, blowdry into shape while brushing ti get the foundation shaped up, (all of which you did right) and apply a scoop at a time, blowdry slightly while using you hand to shape, then apply more till u get the general shape. Then use a flat comb to set the whole shape into place, while perfecting your curry pok.

Sent from an alternate dimension without using GAGT
i suspect the blowdry not long enough also

DeMisE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how long is the recommended blow dry time?
I usually maintain 5 seconds of heat at the roots after curling the hair with the brush..
anyway thanks for the tips on this page :D

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
how long is the recommended blow dry time?
I usually maintain 5 seconds of heat at the roots after curling the hair with the brush..
anyway thanks for the tips on this page :D

totally too short. andrewdoeshair(some youtuber/instagrammer hair stylist) recommends that u do it for as long as u can tahan. cos hair dryer is damn cold compared to like a styling iron, which is what we are trying to emulate here.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya. to do a proper comb back, at least over your eyes.

for a nice quiff, over eye brows but that requires a great deal of skills in blow drying.

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would recommend dynamite clay. Been using mm for a week now & personally but unfortunetly find dc giving me better styling results over mm.

Just to add on.
However MM works best as a prestyler for me. It's able to give a voluminous look while hair remain totally soft which is the best part. Unlike the 2 salts spray that I normally use which either has a small degree of hardening or stiffing of the hair.
I then style it with DC.
I have not tried DC as prestyler though.

Last edited:

calvinhan

Reaction score

What i did was:
- Towel dry wet hair

Y7L5FPbl.jpg

Bro, Lesson I learnt from the bros here and from youtube is that you really need to use sea salt or any prestyler follow by blowing.

For me, i will towel dry before spraying Sea Salt (SK or KMS for me). Then I will blow my hair firstly in the opp direction of usual hair direction to create the Volume. Finger Comb while blowing and when it 90% dry, start to blow to the style you want. Finished the styling with Wax, Clay or whatever product suits for you. Take note, blowing take me at least 5 mins to create that Volume..

PS : Cant wait for my MM to arrive from GX.. :)

dappergentleman

Reaction score
Just to add on.
However MM works best as a prestyler for me. It's able to give a voluminous look while hair remain totally soft which is the best part. Unlike the 2 salts spray that I normally use which either has a small degree of hardening or stiffing of the hair.
I then style it with DC.
I have not tried DC as prestyler though.
Dc works as a pre-styler too! I mix with SK for prestyle. Best shiz ever

Sent from TGS using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.