The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Online I think. Its nothing special but it gets the job done. Main thing is that its free. :)

Not bad. Softer than dynamite clay, hold almost as good. Easy to wash out. Its like the Camry to Dynamite Clay's Lexus.

Lol back in Singapore dude.

Your hair looks Taiwan/HK college kid. =:p

ooo nice!

hahaha like a tourist! somemore holding what looks like a folded map

dj_flame

Reaction score
I personally feel that E.B.L Taste Matt Finish Hair Clay gives only a slight lift only. The product is not easy to use and requires one to rub your palms till warm to apply easily.
Actually true, its not going to give you an awesome quiff.

The reason why I said it's similar to Dynamite Clay is because I use both as a texturizing agent, since my hair is way too long for any sort of quiff.

dj_flame

Reaction score
Well the trend is moving away from the quiff anyway. At least you and me both LOL
Team longer hair.

I got a trim yesterday to maintain the length but take the weight out. Showed my stylist that Japanese girl pic and he told me not many guys here will cut that style, but I can pull it off.

So stoked. I should achieve that hair goal by Jan with another touch-up digital perm. :s12:

edit:
Same girl in the middle. So hawt.
tumblr_no5vbnfN621sean81o1_500.jpg

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Welcome bro. I am just sharing my personal views that all.

I am interested in the sulphate free organic shampoo. Is it available soon as my Feeling Show Shampoo is running low. Haha...

To answer the other private queries altogether, i can do a pre order for those that are interested. Will post a pic of the product soon and if you want to get one to try it out, please text me anytime. For those who pre order before 10 dec, it will be here before xmas. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
8s4Vrwkl.jpg

Anyone try the ebl taste before? Like value only sia~~~

Sent from GAGT. I hope you too are using GAGT

Personally, i like how EBL taste gives lift to my hair and personally, i feel that it is really suitable for people with thick and coarse hair. When you start to rub the product onto your palms and apply onto the hair in a towel-drying manner, texture can be easily created and visibly seen, after a while. Scrunch the hair a few times at the crown and it can help to make the hair look volumized already and you are set to go out. Because of its semi creamy texture, it does not make application difficult, as it is not overly dry or wet at all.

But no product is perfect. On top of the inconvenience of having to rub before application, another downside is that its slightly harder to wash off than other products. If the formula can be improved, i will rate this product even better.

cesc88

Reaction score
Team longer hair.

I got a trim yesterday to maintain the length but take the weight out. Showed my stylist that Japanese girl pic and he told me not many guys here will cut that style, but I can pull it off.

So stoked. I should achieve that hair goal by Jan with another touch-up digital perm. :s12:

edit:

The second girl from the left? I dig short hair girls :s13::s13::s13:

cesc88

Reaction score
Personally, i like how EBL taste gives lift to my hair and personally, i feel that it is really suitable for people with thick and coarse hair. When you start to rub the product onto your palms and apply onto the hair in a towel-drying manner, texture can be easily created and visibly seen, after a while. Scrunch the hair a few times at the crown and it can help to make the hair look volumized already and you are set to go out. Because of its semi creamy texture, it does not make application difficult, as it is not overly dry or wet at all.

But no product is perfect. On top of the inconvenience of having to rub before application, another downside is that its slightly harder to wash off than other products. If the formula can be improved, i will rate this product even better.

Hey jh, welcome back from the hiatus! I thought you quitted the hair game. Hahaha.

Anyway, the OS Sea Spray i got from you a year back is running low. I am contemplating whether to get the same sea spray. It works very well for me, but i feel that when i inhale in some of the spray after spraying, i felt a little bit hotness in my lungs. Don't think it is very harmful to the health since there isn't any toxic ingredients, but well, still a little bit concern. Wanted to try other hair volumizer products, such as hair volumizer gel. However, I don't think any of the seller carries it here. Any thoughts on why it is not rated here?

Thanks!

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Team longer hair.

edit:
Bro why u liddat one...post Picture of even numbered gals and say the one in the middle

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Team longer hair.

edit:

The one with the ribbon or hat?

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey jh, welcome back from the hiatus! I thought you quitted the hair game. Hahaha.

Anyway, the OS Sea Spray i got from you a year back is running low. I am contemplating whether to get the same sea spray. It works very well for me, but i feel that when i inhale in some of the spray after spraying, i felt a little bit hotness in my lungs. Don't think it is very harmful to the health since there isn't any toxic ingredients, but well, still a little bit concern. Wanted to try other hair volumizer products, such as hair volumizer gel. However, I don't think any of the seller carries it here. Any thoughts on why it is not rated here?

Thanks!

Hey bro! Thanks for the welcome. Yes, i had been relatively inactive due to other upcoming plans. Will be sharing more here, in due time. Since you asked, i would try to provide some of my inputs here. :)

Personally, i am not a believer of volumizing gel right from the start. This is because the purpose of volumizing is to add life to the hair and to counter limpness but this is contrary to my perception of gel. Generally speaking, gels are water based hairstyling product that will stiffen the hair. Needless to say, it will be heavy and this applies to volumizing gel too. Now the question here: How could it volumize the hair? Maybe it works for people with short styles to give hold but it will be unlikely to work for typical hair length and texture, especially for asians IMO. Some might argue that it might not necessarily stiffen as some volumizing gels could be formulated with other ingredients (e.g. aloe) to soothe the hair. This might be true but one thing for sure, the weight is definitely there to pull it down. Result? Heavy hair that will not be volumized.

In spite of this, some can also say that blowdrying can help to achieve optimal volume. Seasalt spray requires some extent of blowdrying, as it is liquid and not mist (will not evaporate easily). Yet this amount of blowdrying is considerable to me already. With volumizing gels, it can be imagined how much more effort on blowdrying is required. And we have to look at the shine factor too. With the high level of moisture in volumizing gels, i would say out of the many types of volumizing products, it could easily top the chart. Here, i think suitability in our context is not quite there. All in all, it is not a product that can be controllable IMO, so this is why i am disinterested in this product.

P.S. Lets not forget that the varieties for volumizing gels is very limited in the market actually. Recalled that big sexy hair volumizing gel was mentioned here previously. You may look into that if you're interested but honestly speaking, the suitability in SG's context is questionable.

dj_flame

Reaction score
The second girl from the left? I dig short hair girls :s13::s13::s13:
The one without any ribonaflavin nor hat
Bro why u liddat one...post Picture of even numbered gals and say the one in the middle

Lol. Guys, I have said this before:

Out of topic but I really really like bleached blonde platinum hair cut into a bob on asian girls.
On my end, I love girls with shorter, cropped hair:

13f710514d62d54efc8900e58a8283df.jpg

tumblr_lnf7kwwgR81qbco4jo1_400.jpg

I think you all know who I'm referring to.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw jh, using gel as prestyle lowers blow dry time. You're supposed to let the gel harden then break it apart. Normal gel can already. It wun feel heavy at all. Wax is nothing but gel+pomade. If you think gel so jialat warrants an essay, wax gg liao.

Lol. I used the big sexy time gel. It doesn't stiffen the hair leh. Gives a considerable amount of volume too.
So myth busted Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.