The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj_flame

Reaction score
Guys, if i use dry shampoo+salt, will get the texturised effect bo?
Yes, but your hair is going to be very stiff to run fingers through though.

Also, I concluded that Blumaan Wax is an improved version of Gold Digger - same hold and stickiness but lighter in body, which means it wouldn't weight hair down.

dark_heaven

Reaction score
Hi anyone can recommend a good pomade for combing my hair backwards? Used blind barber 90 previously but it's not holding my hair well. Tia!

dj_flame

Reaction score
Hi anyone can recommend a good pomade for combing my hair backwards? Used blind barber 90 previously but it's not holding my hair well. Tia!
Please show a picture. I suspect its your haircut, not your product. Blind Barber is *******king strong.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please show a picture. I suspect its your haircut, not your product. Blind Barber is *******king strong.
I would beg to differ based on my personal experience.

For short hair like mine, BB90 has a more "natural" or doesn't feel as sticky. However my hair flops by mid-day

For Gold Digger, it's stickier but as a reault my hair stays in place better.

Bear in mind that I have very short hair.

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw jh, using gel as prestyle lowers blow dry time. You're supposed to let the gel harden then break it apart. Normal gel can already. It wun feel heavy at all. Wax is nothing but gel+pomade. If you think gel so jialat warrants an essay, wax gg liao.

Sent from GAGT. I hope you too are using GAGT

Haha actually i am not against gel, just not the idea of gel for volumizing. Using gels as the main styler is alright for me. But something that i have to disagree with you will be the weight coz it feels heavy for me. A good thing abt gels is that it tends to tame frizzy hair, making one look neat.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol. I used the big sexy time gel. It doesn't stiffen the hair leh. Gives a considerable amount of volume too.
So myth busted Haha.

Yes you are right. In fact, its what i mentioned earlier. Some products like big sexy hair volumizing gel, does not stiffen the hair as it contains aloe to soothe the hair. Quite a number of good reviews about it too but like always, not all will be suitable. :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes you are right. In fact, its what i mentioned earlier. Some products like big sexy hair volumizing gel, does not stiffen the hair as it contains aloe to soothe the hair. Quite a number of good reviews about it too but like always, not all will be suitable. :)

depends, but that's the only volumising gel that i have used. It's less dry but it might be a little stiff but it holds out better.. lol. i tried and i wanna buy again but cannot liao. amazon don't ship them anymore

speaking of which, i will use tmr, see how it holds out on my longer hair now

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Haha actually i am not against gel, just not the idea of gel for volumizing. Using gels as the main styler is alright for me. But something that i have to disagree with you will be the weight coz it feels heavy for me. A good thing abt gels is that it tends to tame frizzy hair, making one look neat.
Precisely the opposite. Gel should be used as a prestyler instead of main.

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
depends, but that's the only volumising gel that i have used. It's less dry but it might be a little stiff but it holds out better.. lol. i tried and i wanna buy again but cannot liao. amazon don't ship them anymore

speaking of which, i will use tmr, see how it holds out on my longer hair now

Ur hair jin long meh?

feralslash

Reaction score
Shampoo sellers, got xmas promo a not? My vogne is finishing

btw the vogne shampoo, I'm still using it after 11 months. Left maybe 1/5. Am i using too little? Haha. cause the description says a bottle can last 1-2 months. But the amt that i am using, it foams enough for me to wash my hair. The conditioner, still 3/4 remaining after 11 mths. Seldom use it.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
8s4Vrwkl.jpg

Anyone try the ebl taste before? Like value only sia~~~

Shampoo sellers, got xmas promo a not? My vogne is finishing

btw the vogne shampoo, I'm still using it after 11 months. Left maybe 1/5. Am i using too little? Haha. cause the description says a bottle can last 1-2 months. But the amt that i am using, it foams enough for me to wash my hair. The conditioner, still 3/4 remaining after 11 mths. Seldom use it.

brah act fast.

wah! it foams so much for u? i probably use double u ba (when i had short hair).... the description is likely for shampoo twice a day de. i probably 5mths finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.