The Hair Thread - Part 5

kenzio8

Reaction score
Everyone posting with his own agenda/s.

Then all act victim / defensive when called out.

Highly entertaining bickering thread this is. hehe :D

cherryboom

Master Member
Reaction score
wah i so long never come to this thread now become shoot here shoot there. very entertaining. let me add fuel to the fire if not i cannot sleep well tonight, morris motley is the best thing to happen on the hair industry. no other hair product can match or even comes close to it. bruh...

Last edited:

sansanjikikut

Reaction score
Nioxin Sys 1 is good but its an expensive investment in the long run with minimal returns and very chemical heavy base. the moment you stop using it, you will notice your hair quality go back to normal.

jcw_17

Reaction score
I tried Tai Green Tea Shampoo from Bro LeeJHong's website before. Pretty good, cleanses well without over drying the hair. Price will be much steeper than your current one though.
When i got that i rotate around with another moisturising shampoo from his website too, forgot the name. That one is good if you have itchy scalp sometimes, resolve my issue whenever that comes back.

Now i'm trying Nioxin system 1 (got from Lazada) to see if it can help make my hair "appear" thicker, after watching Robin James video. So far so good, but the cleanser shampoo is notably dry, the hair really feels squeaky clean after. But finish off with their conditioner is good, the fresh minty feeling and the hair gets smooth after. Good thing is with the good cleanse, my hair stays quite clean even till the next morning for my styling. Hair break/fall also seems slightly lesser.

im tempted to try the green tea shampoo. thanks.

growing my fringe out now but its giving my foreheads pimples. dk if its the hair suffocating my pores or the hair product never wash off properly :s22:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried Tai Green Tea Shampoo from Bro LeeJHong's website before. Pretty good, cleanses well without over drying the hair. Price will be much steeper than your current one though.
When i got that i rotate around with another moisturising shampoo from his website too, forgot the name. That one is good if you have itchy scalp sometimes, resolve my issue whenever that comes back.

Now i'm trying Nioxin system 1 (got from Lazada) to see if it can help make my hair "appear" thicker, after watching Robin James video. So far so good, but the cleanser shampoo is notably dry, the hair really feels squeaky clean after. But finish off with their conditioner is good, the fresh minty feeling and the hair gets smooth after. Good thing is with the good cleanse, my hair stays quite clean even till the next morning for my styling. Hair break/fall also seems slightly lesser.

Nioxin got good reviews. It’s under P&G so quality is there but when it comes to results for hair growth, it can take a bit of trial and error to find the right one. Which explains abit of mixed reviews that we might see.

The other moisturizing shampoo that you mentioned is Zahara nourishing shampoo. It’s a scalp treatment shampoo. Even for myself, as much as I try to keep my scalp as clean as possible, there will be occasional times whereby I have itchy scalp or rare scalp acnes. Zahara will help a lot in such instances, and it’s effective (the results are visible and instant).

Most deep cleansing shampoos are not suitable for daily usage. With such strong cleansing properties, it may not make sense to use it daily too as it may backfire eventually (causing the scap to produce more oils instead). However, Tai Hair Green Tea shampoo can also be used as a daily deep cleanser as it’s not that strong. So ultimately, it depends on your needs (eg, some people do not like alternating shampoos). Like always, do try it out yourself to know what’s best.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm deep cleansing maybe. sometimes I feel theres hair product still in my hair after washing. the product I used has good washability based on its description

If you feel that there’s residue from hair products in the hair, then it won’t be wrong. Perhaps not to go down the path of talking about what hair styling products, but instead to focus on the cleansing part. In this case, I would say that your shampoo (ie cleanser) may not be strong enough to meet your expectations.

Assuming the shampoo that you used is not an off the shelf shampoo, but a decent one. You can try out by shampoo-ing another time (ie 2 times) and see if you can still feel that the hair is still not clean enough, probably it’s time for you to try changing to another shampoo. Sometimes, the best shampoo needs not be the most expensive, but one that suits you best (ie based on your lifestyle, needs etc). A good deep cleansing shampoo is Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shampoo. You can find it @ salons or Chinatown (for friendlier prices). I like this product personally, but not the price.

As usual, here’s my suggestion as one possible options for your consideration. Since I mentioned Paul Mitchell, I will take this opportunity to mention Tai Hair Tea Tree shampoo (note that it’s not green tea). This product is newly brought in (yes, I am operating TPJ) and it’s 97% organic. Very amazing cleansing strength but not suitable for daily use.

ecan07

Reaction score
If you feel that there’s residue from hair products in the hair, then it won’t be wrong. Perhaps not to go down the path of talking about what hair styling products, but instead to focus on the cleansing part. In this case, I would say that your shampoo (ie cleanser) may not be strong enough to meet your expectations.

Assuming the shampoo that you used is not an off the shelf shampoo, but a decent one. You can try out by shampoo-ing another time (ie 2 times) and see if you can still feel that the hair is still not clean enough, probably it’s time for you to try changing to another shampoo. Sometimes, the best shampoo needs not be the most expensive, but one that suits you best (ie based on your lifestyle, needs etc). A good deep cleansing shampoo is Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shampoo. You can find it @ salons or Chinatown (for friendlier prices). I like this product personally, but not the price.

As usual, here’s my suggestion as one possible options for your consideration. Since I mentioned Paul Mitchell, I will take this opportunity to mention Tai Hair Tea Tree shampoo (note that it’s not green tea). This product is newly brought in (yes, I am operating TPJ) and it’s 97% organic. Very amazing cleansing strength but not suitable for daily use.

Oops ya ya tea tree lol dunno why i tot it's green tea... maybe cos there's some green colors on the bottle! LOL

ecan07

Reaction score
Nioxin Sys 1 is good but its an expensive investment in the long run with minimal returns and very chemical heavy base. the moment you stop using it, you will notice your hair quality go back to normal.

Agreed. I think i saw a video by Robin James with the folks from Nioxin (he is open about being sponsored by them at one point, but till today he still recommends it as a product he uses consistently), and they talk about the fact that once you stop using it it stops working.
Also, for people who really say no to SLS, parabens, i think this product is not for them as well, cos i noted that there are definitely SLS in them, as with most off the shelf shampoos. Then again, something without, is usually not cheap also.

Agin, this is not touted as hair growth product, i think what it does well is to cleanse and keep the scalp in optimal environment for the hair to grow or at least breathe. I don't expect it to grow my hair actually, but will be happy enough if it at least helps to make the hair "look" thicker.
For now, i still see my hair feeling relatively thin especially right after showering, like can see a bit of scalp. But after it's dried, looks ok.

Interestingly, i use this other product before i sleep. It's a leave-in product from AFC brand - AFC Shokaigan Intensive Hair Growth Tonic. I have been using that product long before i started Nioxin. Effects were minimal, or i don't see it much. After using Nioxin for a while, somehow i can actually see more hair. Not that i think they are really growing out more, but the effects of the shampoo may really be helping the fine baby hair look thicker and it shows. Note that i'm only using the Nioxin shampoo and conditioner and not their last Scalp treatment step, nor their diaboost, which may turn out to be working better with the whole series, but i just wanna use finish what i have and this Shokaigan Tonic is not cheap by itself.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oops ya ya tea tree lol dunno why i tot it's green tea... maybe cos there's some green colors on the bottle! LOL

Bro, you’re not wrong. The one which you purchased is Green Tea shampoo.

There are two products - Green Tea (94% organic) and Tea Tree (97% organic) under the Tai Hair brand that I brought in. Green Tea shampoo has been brought in for 2 years already. While Tea Tree shampoo is pretty new. Brought in after personally having very good results with it. :)

ecan07

Reaction score
Bro, you’re not wrong. The one which you purchased is Green Tea shampoo.

There are two products - Green Tea (94% organic) and Tea Tree (97% organic) under the Tai Hair brand that I brought in. Green Tea shampoo has been brought in for 2 years already. While Tea Tree shampoo is pretty new. Brought in after personally having very good results with it. :)

ah oops... i got myself confused! LOL

systemsgo

Reaction score
hmm deep cleansing maybe. sometimes I feel theres hair product still in my hair after washing. the product I used has good washability based on its description

it's a bit ex but i use this Christophe Robin sea salt scrub. i order online from sephora website. i usually buy the full size cause the small bottle is bo hua (dunno if i can link, but you google should be can find)

use only 1 - 2 times a week, it will wash out all the leftover styling product and oil/dirt from the hair

jcw_17

Reaction score

how much is the Paul Mitchell one? and which store in Chinatown?

sansanjikikut

Reaction score
HK shampoo shop at mong kok way cheaper, if you have friends who are there, get them to buy. Confirm cheaper than swanston. 100% authentic as well

If you can sweet talk with the sales girls there even better, sometimes can get more discount even without buying in bulk lol.

jcw_17

Reaction score
saw qoo10 selling 55.even cheaper if you have coupon. Guess I'm buying from there

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
saw qoo10 selling 55.even cheaper if you have coupon. Guess I'm buying from there

I got mine around that price range (between 50 to 60) from Venus.

Never seen it below 50 at retail stores so far..

jcw_17

Reaction score
Does anyone know the difference between arcadian clay pomade and normal clay?

jcw_17

Reaction score
went to check at swanston today. lady told me no more Paul mitchell tea tree shampoo but have others. fyi

Orlabndoloi

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been looking for shampoos and nioxin has been on my radar. I have seen the price of a nioxin system 1 cleanser 1000ml on the tangs online shop being sold for 100+. However places like Venus and Beauty Language sell the same 1000ml for $39. Are those that are sold in Beauty Language and Venus authentic or legitimate?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.