The Hair Thread - Part 5

nichsong

Reaction score
Guys who have yet to try the flagship matte paste, you have the green light in my opinion. It's a little tough getting it out of the jar due to its high wax content, but application is pretty fuss free. Smears easily in the hands and goes through the hair pretty okay.

Strength wise - very, very good strength to weight ratio which is on par with Morris. Endurance wise, on par as well. The main differences are #1 the type of hold they provide - flagship has a firmer, waxier, more structured kind of hold while MM tsb has a drier, more movable hold. Also, flagship has less of a matte finish than mm tsb, which is a dry matte. I would place flagship between a dry matte and neutral. Washing flagship out takes more effort than MM because of its high wax content, but I say 1X thorough shampoo with a good lather gets the job done.

I'll say this again, this is an MM contender.

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

Porter15

Reaction score
Guys who have yet to try the flagship matte paste, you have the green light in my opinion. It's a little tough getting it out of the jar due to its high wax content, but application is pretty fuss free. Smears easily in the hands and goes through the hair pretty okay.

Strength wise - very, very good strength to weight ratio which is on par with Morris. Endurance wise, on par as well. The main differences are #1 the type of hold they provide - flagship has a firmer, waxier, more structured kind of hold while MM tsb has a drier, more movable hold. Also, flagship has less of a matte finish than mm tsb, which is a dry matte. I would place flagship between a dry matte and neutral. Washing flagship out takes more effort than MM because of its high wax content, but I say 1X thorough shampoo with a good lather gets the job done.

I'll say this again, this is an MM contender.

Wah bro, this morning I was still contemplating between MM and CLUTCH and now I have another product to consider!

nichsong

Reaction score
Wah bro, this morning I was still contemplating between MM and CLUTCH and now I have another product to consider!

Clutch seems like a promising product as well. I have a hunch it might work well in our weather too. We're you looking at the original clutch or the XL?

suitboy

Reaction score
Hair Dryers

Anyone can give any advice, which is better Babyliss or GHD hair dryers?

tubbies

Reaction score
Just got my hands on MM. It really is what I'm after, thanks everyone for the recommendation, esp gaoxing :)
It requires quite a bit more product than usual though. I might really end up finishing in 6 mths lol.

But the product I receive seems to have shrunk a tad from its container.
Is this normal?
1znmqkg.jpg
It still is very soft and is easily spreadable though.
Also the scent is not on the pleasant side. Only way I can describe is it smells like Crayola? :s13:
Is that also normal?

nichsong

Reaction score
Just got my hands on MM. It really is what I'm after, thanks everyone for the recommendation, esp gaoxing :)
It requires quite a bit more product than usual though. I might really end up finishing in 6 mths lol.

But the product I receive seems to have shrunk a tad from its container.
Is this normal?
1znmqkg.jpg
It still is very soft and is easily spreadable though.
Also the scent is not on the pleasant side. Only way I can describe is it smells like Crayola? :s13:
Is that also normal?

Hey man the separation you see in the jar is due to the expansion followed by contraction as the product was very hot when it was poured into the jar. No issues whatsoever, and glad you like the product. Welcome aboard the bandwagon! A very worthy bandwagon indeed

suitboy

Reaction score
Daimon Barber

Anyone has experience with Daimon Barber products?

If could kindly advise me if there is any difference in terms of formulation / scent etc between the previous line and new products (i.e. no.5 gel pomade vs fixing pomade). or if its just a pure rebranding.

nichsong

Reaction score
Anyone has experience with Daimon Barber products?

If could kindly advise me if there is any difference in terms of formulation / scent etc between the previous line and new products (i.e. no.5 gel pomade vs fixing pomade). or if its just a pure rebranding.

Just repackaging / rebranding bro. Product line is the same!

tubbies

Reaction score
Hey man the separation you see in the jar is due to the expansion followed by contraction as the product was very hot when it was poured into the jar. No issues whatsoever, and glad you like the product. Welcome aboard the bandwagon! A very worthy bandwagon indeed

Thanks for the clarification nichsong. That would mean the Crayola-like smell is also normal? :p
Yup, loving it. Will be my staple hair product for a while :)

nichsong

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification nichsong. That would mean the Crayola-like smell is also normal? :p
Yup, loving it. Will be my staple hair product for a while :)

I wouldn't describe it as a crayola scent tho haha, a friend described it as a coke candy scent and I think it's pretty spot on. As long as it doesn't smell bad you should be fine. I've ever had my Morris for a year close to two, still works and smells pretty fine.

tubbies

Reaction score
I wouldn't describe it as a crayola scent tho haha, a friend described it as a coke candy scent and I think it's pretty spot on. As long as it doesn't smell bad you should be fine. I've ever had my Morris for a year close to two, still works and smells pretty fine.

Hemm I don't think I can actually make out any candy nor coke scent on mine, definitely nothing close to any sweet scent. It's not awful, but the scent is quite noticeable. Its like having a box of Crayola taped around my head lol.
Despite that, it still works great. Just hoping my next batch would smell better :)

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
Hemm I don't think I can actually make out any candy nor coke scent on mine, definitely nothing close to any sweet scent. It's not awful, but the scent is quite noticeable. Its like having a box of Crayola taped around my head lol.
Despite that, it still works great. Just hoping my next batch would smell better :)

This is interesting, can you post photos of the actual product you have, including the box itself, below the cap and underneath the jar.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.