The Hair Thread - Part 5

sansanjikikut

Reaction score
Quicksand is good but the ingredients are kinda disgusting lol. Give daimon barber clay or arcadian a shot.

nichsong

Reaction score
looking for new recommendations. i have been using hanz de fuko quicksand for years kinda looking for a change. i use the hair straightener so water, rain or sweat is a no no on the hair. wondering if there are any new wax that would be a good match

Quicksand is quite unique in the way that it performs. The critical product is diamataceous earth, which absorbs grease and oil and helps provide that gritty hold and texture that helps your hairstyle last in our humid climate. So in that sense it's quite hard to find a product that acts just the same. It's quite unique! But I'd say Morris motley balm does have that oil absorbing property as well, just not as much.

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

sansanjikikut

Reaction score
Anyone buy pomades from originalfook before? Why does that seller like to attach his company sticker "Distributed by OriginalFook" to the product. Can't even do a clean peel without it leaving sticky residue, totally spoiling the whole aesthetic of the product packaging. Please don't do that man!

ecan07

Reaction score
looking for new recommendations. i have been using hanz de fuko quicksand for years kinda looking for a change. i use the hair straightener so water, rain or sweat is a no no on the hair. wondering if there are any new wax that would be a good match

I used and loved quicksand for quite a while until they had this saga years back and back then stocks became limited. Still love it's properties though! Liked how it somehow volumize my hair a little even without the sea salt spray and the dry matte feel was what i was looking for.

And yes i must say MM TSB has quite similar feel to it, though at a more expensive price! that said, can feel that MM feels better for the scalp than quicksand, as the latter can sometimes irritate my scalp.

ecan07

Reaction score
Both are daily moisturizing shampoo. Coco shampoo is more moisturizing than care shampoo. However, care shampoo is more gentle on the scalp (good for ppl w sensitive scalp) and is also a lightweight shampoo. Lightweight shampoo is awesome for creating a good hair day (the next morning).

Coco shampoo’s selling point is pumpkin oil, which is good in preventing hair loss and encouraging better hair growth.

I see... any deep cleansing shampoo to recommend also? I'm thinking of getting a daily moisturizing and deep cleansing to alternate around after my current ones finish...

Spladox

Master Member
Reaction score
just finished my third bottle of firsthand supply pomade. what’s the fotm nowadays? haha haven’t keep up with it lately

d4rkw1sH

Reaction score
Quicksand is quite unique in the way that it performs. The critical product is diamataceous earth, which absorbs grease and oil and helps provide that gritty hold and texture that helps your hairstyle last in our humid climate. So in that sense it's quite hard to find a product that acts just the same. It's quite unique! But I'd say Morris motley balm does have that oil absorbing property as well, just not as much.

I used and loved quicksand for quite a while until they had this saga years back and back then stocks became limited. Still love it's properties though! Liked how it somehow volumize my hair a little even without the sea salt spray and the dry matte feel was what i was looking for.

And yes i must say MM TSB has quite similar feel to it, though at a more expensive price! that said, can feel that MM feels better for the scalp than quicksand, as the latter can sometimes irritate my scalp.

hmmm thanks got me interested in morris motley now might give it a try. hows the matte balm hold compared to quicksand though?

ecan07

Reaction score
hmmm thanks got me interested in morris motley now might give it a try. hows the matte balm hold compared to quicksand though?

hmmm... I think quicksand's hold is not that great. I usually had to apply spray if i want it to stay and it will still go flat after a while if my hair is strong.

In that sense MM TSB is about the same. The hold is there, but not crazy strong. It's pliable though, so if u want, you can go and do a quick fix once it goes untidy. Hold for me is not great, but that's my own issue (i perspire way too fast and too much so any hair product usually don't stay too long for me).
Note that it does not give you that fixated hold, not without spray. In that sense same as quicksand.

Dagionax

Reaction score
Looking for hairspray recommendations. Need one that will really fix down the style for the whole day. I’ve been using Got2b blasting freeze spray because it’s the strongest I’ve found but unfortunately, Guardian no longer stocks it. (Also not really a fan of it’s “sandy” feel. The hairspray particles are, how to say, not fine?)

Bump? Also, if anyone knows where to get tresemme freeze hold hairspray in SG, do let me know!

nichsong

Reaction score
Bump? Also, if anyone knows where to get tresemme freeze hold hairspray in SG, do let me know!

I got tresemme freeze hold from ratxshopworldwide on carousell. Great hold, but I find it tends to dry out my hair after continuous usage. You can check out the hairspray range offered by theprettyjerk, its run by one of the bros here, leejhong. Luxurious hairspray is my current fave: great hold, natural shine, weightless and isn't drying. Not hard selling though. I've heard great things about tigi hard head as well.

sansanjikikut

Reaction score
Regreted buying the flagship matte paste from sgpomades when i saw this :(

aXzUIN3.png

Dagionax

Reaction score
I got tresemme freeze hold from ratxshopworldwide on carousell. Great hold, but I find it tends to dry out my hair after continuous usage. You can check out the hairspray range offered by theprettyjerk, its run by one of the bros here, leejhong. Luxurious hairspray is my current fave: great hold, natural shine, weightless and isn't drying. Not hard selling though. I've heard great things about tigi hard head as well.

Darn, I tried to buy from that guy last time and he was no-show, refused to accept the offer as well so I couldn’t leave feedback. Guess I’ll try tigi hard head next, thanks!

Last edited:

I_Hate_Veggie

Reaction score
I’m looking at By Vilain gold digger and dynamite clay.

Did some research, and I think both should work for me in the sense where both has good enough hold and pliable. My concern is being easy to wash off tho, which is easier to wash off?

nichsong

Reaction score

Did some research, and I think both should work for me in the sense where both has good enough hold and pliable. My concern is being easy to wash off tho, which is easier to wash off?

I'd say go with dynamite clay. Ever since gold digger revised their formula I've found it to be way too heavy. Dynamite clay works pretty well in our weather

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Darn, I tried to buy from that guy last time and he was no-show, refused to accept the offer as well so I couldn’t leave feedback. Guess I’ll try tigi hard head next, thanks!

Hi there, couldnt find your contact on my end. Nonetheless, for your info, prices are fixed. Hence, all lower offers made via carousell will be declined so as to be fair to all consumers. And yes, bro nich is right! Tigi bedhead hairspray is good too. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see... any deep cleansing shampoo to recommend also? I'm thinking of getting a daily moisturizing and deep cleansing to alternate around after my current ones finish...

I would strongly recommend Tai Hair green tea shampoo. You wont go wrong with it! :)

blackvice

Master Member
Reaction score

I may like to reccomend you vifa moulding clay which you can get from jun hong bro.For that price and package, it adds a slight sheen, scent and also ease to wash, if you're looking to that. By villian products are not easy to wash off imho.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.