The Hair Thread - Part 5

AbbyLim

Reaction score
Hi all! This is my repost in HWZ to point out something very important right here.

I have been following this thread for a few years as a guest and have read previous continuation hair thread all the way from 2015 and I realised something.

There are no real reviewers here. Everyone here is either a distributor or brand owners singing their own praises for their products they carry. They have been doing this since 5 years ago or more, owning duplicated accounts to ask questions (to themselves). Even their junior accounts are now “senior” members.

Almost every single non-junior account members are owned by the same few individuals trying to squeeze into the very small market of hair styling products.

Take your time to notice, dear guests of hwz, any hair styling products that they don’t carry, will either be given bad reviews, ignored, brushed off with some lame excuse or compared with their own products. But when their product gets a slight negative review, they became all super defensive (not obvious on first glance until you really read into it). So the objective of this post is really to open everyone’s eyes to this thread.

I have bought every single products that they mentioned are good and this is exactly why I am furious:
1. None of them are as good as they said here.
2. Overhyped and overpriced, especially morris motley including point 1.
3. Mainstream products available in NTUC performs equally well and many times cheaper. Honestly, I will choose Gatsby over morris motley any time.

Recent overhyped products that is claimed “best” by “reviewers”, please, they are only just average products. They are…
1. ziggy supply products
2. Indians clay
3. morris motley
4. stickmore

A fun fact about morris motley being so heavily marketed here is not because of its performance but is due to its pricing. Heavy marketing and constant promotion is needed because… WHO THE HECK WILL BUY A HAIR STYLING PRODUCT FOR $50 BUCKS?! I rather buy Trufitt & Hill, where it’s UK official Royal family brand and it’s cheaper too! Come on man…So guest please really take the reviews here with a very tiny pinch of salt.I will continue to repost this at least once a week and update the overhyped list.

With love,
Abby Lim

nichsong

Reaction score
Hi all! This is my repost in HWZ to point out something very important right here.

I have been following this thread for a few years as a guest and have read previous continuation hair thread all the way from 2015 and I realised something.

There are no real reviewers here. Everyone here is either a distributor or brand owners singing their own praises for their products they carry. They have been doing this since 5 years ago or more, owning duplicated accounts to ask questions (to themselves). Even their junior accounts are now *********senior********* members.

Almost every single non-junior account members are owned by the same few individuals trying to squeeze into the very small market of hair styling products.

Take your time to notice, dear guests of hwz, any hair styling products that they don*********t carry, will either be given bad reviews, ignored, brushed off with some lame excuse or compared with their own products. But when their product gets a slight negative review, they became all super defensive (not obvious on first glance until you really read into it). So the objective of this post is really to open everyone*********s eyes to this thread.

I have bought every single products that they mentioned are good and this is exactly why I am furious:
1. None of them are as good as they said here.
2. Overhyped and overpriced, especially morris motley including point 1.
3. Mainstream products available in NTUC performs equally well and many times cheaper. Honestly, I will choose Gatsby over morris motley any time.

Recent overhyped products that is claimed *********best********* by *********reviewers*********, please, they are only just average products. They are*********
1. ziggy supply products
2. Indians clay
3. morris motley
4. stickmore

A fun fact about morris motley being so heavily marketed here is not because of its performance but is due to its pricing. Heavy marketing and constant promotion is needed because********* WHO THE HECK WILL BUY A HAIR STYLING PRODUCT FOR $50 BUCKS?! I rather buy Trufitt & Hill, where it*********s UK official Royal family brand and it*********s cheaper too! Come on man*********So guest please really take the reviews here with a very tiny pinch of salt.I will continue to repost this at least once a week and update the overhyped list.

With love,
Abby Lim

Woot woot woot here we go again. We are business owners who earn five figure sums from posting on hwz woot woot

mrspartanz

Reaction score
Ok, I'm gonna open you up to a few new world of hairstyling terms. But first, your questions.

Washability.
Styling products - ingredients wise, are usually grouped into two broad categories - oil based and water based. This refers to their base ingredient. Based on what you asked, you'd want to look for a water based product, which usually has "aqua" as the first ingredient on the list. This pretty much assures you that the product washes off with 1 shampoo rinse.

Hold.
For hold, it really depends on the product itself. Pomades, clays or even waxes come in light, medium and high holds respectively. But more on that later.

Endurance.
Does it last in our weather? That depends on many factors - not just the styling product itself. I will assume that you don't pre-style your hair yeah?
For my case, i guess I am looking for a water based product, that has high hold and last for a decent amt of time in SG type of weather (eg: sweating a bit liddat and the product will not be removed, can last abt a day)..

Do you have any recommendations for products which fit these categories? Thanks! :D

Sent from Earth using GAGT

nichsong

Reaction score
For my case, i guess I am looking for a water based product, that has high hold and last for a decent amt of time in SG type of weather (eg: sweating a bit liddat and the product will not be removed, can last abt a day)..

Do you have any recommendations for products which fit these categories? Thanks!
:D

I would personally recommend stickmore clay fiber. But not without pre styling. It makes the difference in creating an all day hold. Check out sea salt spray. Specifically ref 323 and OS. Pre stylers are the game changer for me.

mrspartanz

Reaction score
I would personally recommend stickmore clay fiber. But not without pre styling. It makes the difference in creating an all day hold. Check out sea salt spray. Specifically ref 323 and OS. Pre stylers are the game changer for me.
Hmm.. may I ask how come pre styling is so important for this case?? I dun rly know much, but I assumed that pre styling = make hair easier to style/shape liddat.. I didnt realise pre styling made that much of a difference haha..

triface

Reaction score

Do you have any recommendations for products which fit these categories? Thanks! :D

There are lots of products that fit that criteria. If you're looking only for pomades, look for unorthodox water-based pomades. These will be easier to wash off, but again that's something that's relative. From experience, the Firsthand Supply Waterbased Pomade will be good. High hold, lasts for as long as you need and decent washability (as in, not obnoxiously hard to wash off, but it doesn't come off super easily). I'm not a fan of the bayrum smell though. It smells interesting at first because it smells like old-school salons, but after a while the smell does get a little grating IMO.

I do want to mention you should consider if you really want the slick, held-together look. We mentioned a few pages back the term "pomade" used to refer to anything that helps you achieve a slick look, but these days there are so many variants of pomades (clay pomades, cream pomades, matte pastes, etc.) the term doesn't mean the same thing to everyone anymore.

nichsong

Reaction score
Hmm.. may I ask how come pre styling is so important for this case?? I dun rly know much, but I assumed that pre styling = make hair easier to style/shape liddat.. I didnt realise pre styling made that much of a difference haha..

Pre styling with a sea salt spray - the moisture absorbing properties of sea salt + the heat from your hair dryer helps give u a strong foundation for any product you use after.

It really is a game changer. It may seem intimidating as you're now looking at using two products instead of one. But trust me, invest in it and it'll bring your hairstyling game to the next level.

elmartin

Reaction score
A good product needs no pre styler crap lol.

I assume youre trying to troll me out.
But i dont give a sh*t really.

To all those who know my product, and they very well know that it doesnt need fake users to call it out. Let our products do the talking.

Speaking of which,
Anyone whos missing out the Clay of the Undead,
Ziggy Supply will be launching Mad Wax V2.0 is Custom Creed - Aventus Scent.

You know how fast undead clay been sold out.
So, dont be sourgrapes and regret it later.
Just saying ah guys.

Limited Legit brew, Dope a$$ scent,
and especially who doesnt seem fit with our Original mad wax scent, dont say we never jio.

We're gonna launch the pre-order tonight.
Its gonna be for both local & international orders.

WAJmjfU.jpg

Last edited:

Spladox

Master Member
Reaction score
got another tube of first hand supply uwb pomade. Wanted to try others but this works very well for me, see no reason to change

dralf

Reaction score
Tried stickmore clay recently. I won't recommend it to those with weak hair.
Reviews of it online always got mention about the tug and pull during the application.
But it's really too much. I noticed that 2x to 3x more hair drop onto my washbasin in the morning when i apply it to my hair.
Sooner or later will become botak...
So far used daimon barber pomade, imperial barber pomade, mm, mad wax all that also never encounter this before

almartin

Reaction score
Your products are rubbish. Stop scamming. "Made in Singapore".

I assume youre trying to troll me out.
But i dont give a sh*t really.

To all those who know my product, and they very well know that it doesnt need fake users to call it out. Let our products do the talking.

Speaking of which,
Anyone whos missing out the Clay of the Undead,
Ziggy Supply will be launching Mad Wax V2.0 is Custom Creed - Aventus Scent.

You know how fast undead clay been sold out.
So, dont be sourgrapes and regret it later.
Just saying ah guys.

Limited Legit brew, Dope a$$ scent,
and especially who doesnt seem fit with our Original mad wax scent, dont say we never jio.

We're gonna launch the pre-order tonight, 2am.
Its gonna be for both local & international orders.

almartin

Reaction score
Hi dralf. For your case I recommend you to try wet styling. You will have a great experience with this product if you do that.

Tried stickmore clay recently. I won't recommend it to those with weak hair.
Reviews of it online always got mention about the tug and pull during the application.
But it's really too much. I noticed that 2x to 3x more hair drop onto my washbasin in the morning when i apply it to my hair.
Sooner or later will become botak...
So far used daimon barber pomade, imperial barber pomade, mm, mad wax all that also never encounter this before

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.