The Hair Thread - Part 5

Fiveminutespomp

Reaction score
I'm friends with the owners. So I do frequently meet with them to do product testings and feedback. Because, as you can see, I have plenty of pomade in my collection.

Yes you are right about me observing the forum. Not as a guise but as one of my homepage tabs on my browser. My conscience is clear. There are many thread like this in hwz, people trolling trollers and PAP. This thread is considered mild already, there are others which are more funny to read.

As for my shades, it's a personal preference. Hope you do not look much into it. I am very open to share my Facebook profile with you if you add me as a friend :) it's an open book there, I have lots of photos without shades.

I don't know why are you being so offended by my reply and Gerson's company. I sincerely hope I can convey your message and help you to clear any doubt.

I think this clears nichsong question too.

Singapore is small and we are a small community. So being mistaken as someone else is really common and I don't blame anyone.

I believe as legit reviewers we should not linger in this forum full of trolls. It will get you nowhere. Instead let's bring this to a higher level, where trolls like Abby can't reach us yet we can reach out to more people. We can do a collaboration, a review website with reviewers of different hair types and length and provide unbiased and detailed reviews. This way, viewers can trust us and companies can approach us. Who knows, we can end up being a company and we will love what we do.

Being scattered and bickering in our own ways is pointless. Let's bring our strength together and do great things.

Interested? Add me on Facebook and we can arrange something together :) This is an open invitation.

As for Abby. I don't know why you find stickmore is bad. But it's a 5/5 for me.

Wow so so coincident, less than 24 hours of my posting here you are clarifying your 'identity'. It shows you have been observing this thread for awhile under some other guise. Hint: Your first review is a Gerson and Co product and you also gave a local brand product a very subjective rating compared to other US brands.

My suggestion, take off those fugly shades and show your true self. Own up like a true entrepreneur. :)

So what you covered postage all the way to US just to get your product reviewed on The Pomp channel? You were lucky that harrison even bothered to give a review, perhaps because its the first "made in SG" product. James wouldn't even give a ****. :s13:

Last edited:

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here's a review.

Previously tried Uevo Grey.

Good hold,relatively easy to wash out. But after 4 months of usage, I realized if I ride my motorcycle more than twice a day, it loses its hold and because my hair is oily, it becomes shiny as well.

Decided to look around for another product to try and found the Indian Clay.

Only been 2 weeks but this **** is amazing. Very strong hold, even after taking my helmet on/off 3-5 times a day when I need to keep visiting job sites. Not oily at all at the end of the day. Easy to wash off as well.

Also got the Vogne shampoo from TPJ, eh.... ??? can't tell if there's a difference... might just go back to a regular brand when i finish this bottle.

Vogne Shampoo is a moisturizing shampoo and probably more suitable for dry hair.

If your hair is those fine type, it may weigh down your hair if you use it before styling your hair.

kevpaang

Reaction score
what hair dryer are u guys using? any to recommend? my budget is low :p

My brand start with "D". 😅

Any hairdryer with a brand (for reliable sake) is good enough. Adjustable temp n fan speed, best with a cool blast function. Personally leh, I would preferred something at least with a 1600w motor.

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Me using Braun Satin Hair 7 SensoDryer. $100+ I think

Ac motor. Super powerfully. 2000 Watts. I really love it. Not noisy.

In case that (for the lack of a better term) swine wondering, I MAY be working for Braun. :)
For that swine to find out.

Last edited:

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
Ive personally tried Vogne too and its not suitable for me cos it's quite moisturising. My hair is very fine and limp and any added moisture will weigh it down.

And yep, Indians clay is a solid product for sure. Very reliable and is the product that has the highest strength to weight ratio I've tried.

vogne is moisturizing? my hair feels normal after i use it though, like.. dry-ish.

doesnt really weigh my hair down.

nichsong

Reaction score
I'm friends with the owners. So I do frequently meet with them to do product testings and feedback. Because, as you can see, I have plenty of pomade in my collection.

Yes you are right about me observing the forum. Not as a guise but as one of my homepage tabs on my browser. My conscience is clear. There are many thread like this in hwz, people trolling trollers and PAP. This thread is considered mild already, there are others which are more funny to read.

As for my shades, it's a personal preference. Hope you do not look much into it. I am very open to share my Facebook profile with you if you add me as a friend
:)
it's an open book there, I have lots of photos without shades.

I don't know why are you being so offended by my reply and Gerson's company. I sincerely hope I can convey your message and help you to clear any doubt.

I think this clears nichsong question too.

Singapore is small and we are a small community. So being mistaken as someone else is really common and I don't blame anyone.

I believe as legit reviewers we should not linger in this forum full of trolls. It will get you nowhere. Instead let's bring this to a higher level, where trolls like Abby can't reach us yet we can reach out to more people. We can do a collaboration, a review website with reviewers of different hair types and length and provide unbiased and detailed reviews. This way, viewers can trust us and companies can approach us. Who knows, we can end up being a company and we will love what we do.

Being scattered and bickering in our own ways is pointless. Let's bring our strength together and do great things.

Interested? Add me on Facebook and we can arrange something together
:)
This is an open invitation.

As for Abby. I don't know why you find stickmore is bad. But it's a 5/5 for me.

Hey man thanks for your response and for clarifying!

Am not so sure about the website review thing as I think not all of us are willing to be in front of a cam. But for me, I'm defo willing to participate in a separate community where we can share legit, value added discussions. We'll see what the rest of the bros say.

Honestly pple like myself, GX, Matin, junhong bro aren't hard to find on FB - Abby has gone to the extent of stalking me personally already so.. Yeah connecting wouldn't be a difficult thing.

Let's see what the rest have to say.

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
vogne is moisturizing? my hair feels normal after i use it though, like.. dry-ish.

doesnt really weigh my hair down.

Actually i find the shampoo too moisturizing as well. My hair I observed will end up very flat. However I still regularly use their conditioner.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

quyJa0s.jpg

Last edited:

kosongice

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows where I can get American Crew in local stores, like off the shelves?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
saga saga saga

so now which is the best really singapore made product?

i actually quite gian to try. lol

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
Lol friends with owners? Vested interest indeed. How can gerson be your top wb vs the other premium US ones that you have tried/reviewed? If so, your pomade knowledge and credibility as a product reviewer is questionable.

nichsong

Reaction score
Lol friends with owners? Vested interest indeed. How can gerson be your top wb vs the other premium US ones that you have tried/reviewed? If so, your pomade knowledge and credibility as a product reviewer is questionable.

To be fair we haven't tried the product itself bro. Let's give it the benefit of the doubt till then.

nichsong

Reaction score
I'm beginning to see a pattern in the way certain users have been posting. Hmm. Not sure if any of the bros can spot.

Fiveminutespomp

Reaction score
Gd mrning. Appreciate your feedback bro. As a reviewer, I have my reasons la... Personally tried wb pomades out there (SR crystal lake, daimon fixing pomade, suavecito, uppercut... just name a few), they are either too shiny for asian black hair, not strong enough or not suitable for our weather. Not that I'm being biased but lets be honest, asians are not really suitable for wb pomade. Because our hair is black so it brings out the shine a lot, plus the weather makes it look oily.

So what gerson did was, they made their pomade very suitable for asian hair (shine fades into matte quickly) and our weather. When I tried their final sample after many revision and feedback from me, it was a pleasant surprise and revolutionary for me. Don't want to go too much into the details as I don't want to be targeted by certain user here. So conclusion, with gerson, asians can have nice sleek hair too without looking oily in sg.

Again this is just my VERSION and PERSONAL feedback and experience to back up my claims. I am not forcing you to take or see my reviews and you are totally free to have your own opinion. But if it helps to clear your doubt, I can check with my friends whether they can send you a complimentary bottle for you to try. No harm to try right?

Let me know again.

Last edited:

Fiveminutespomp

Reaction score
Great! Appreciate your enthusiasm! 🙏 We can build some nice synergy here!

Hey man thanks for your response and for clarifying!

Am not so sure about the website review thing as I think not all of us are willing to be in front of a cam. But for me, I'm defo willing to participate in a separate community where we can share legit, value added discussions. We'll see what the rest of the bros say.

Honestly pple like myself, GX, Matin, junhong bro aren't hard to find on FB - Abby has gone to the extent of stalking me personally already so.. Yeah connecting wouldn't be a difficult thing.

Let's see what the rest have to say.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.