The Hair Thread - Part 5

igarashi

Reaction score
anyone have other alt that's similar to Carter Supply Fortify wax ?

Last edited:

SideCutUpperCut

Reaction score
Update us on the texture when you received. Thanks

Here to provide another update.

Received the product I bought directly from Morris Motley SG website. PP payment was made to Hall of Goods who I believe is the local distributor for MM.
Sadly, it has the same inferior qualities as my prior purchase from the reseller. I suspected our local source was tainted when it seemed like multiple resellers are selling this sorry excuse of TSB.

It all looks to boil down to a few possibilities:
1. HOG is clearing out old CNY 2018 possibly expired stocks to the resellers and us. Claiming the black tub is a recent “limited release” though there doesn’t seem to be any indication of this on the MM parent website. (I received that limited release note in my purchase too. Product efficacy is NOT the same)
2. Product had been improperly stored causing deterioration and resulting in such a drastic difference in the product properties.
3. The formula for TSB has changed for the worse and together with this, an unannounced packaging refresh.

To those who are intending to purchase, I would suggest waiting out till further clarification is given as this alleged black tub limit release is not reflective of the qualities of the original TSB we have all known to love.

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here to provide another update.

Received the product I bought directly from Morris Motley SG website. PP payment was made to Hall of Goods who I believe is the local distributor for MM.
Sadly, it has the same inferior qualities as my prior purchase from the reseller. I suspected our local source was tainted when it seemed like multiple resellers are selling this sorry excuse of TSB.

It all looks to boil down to a few possibilities:
1. HOG is clearing out old CNY 2018 possibly expired stocks to the resellers and us. Claiming the black tub is a recent “limited release” though there doesn’t seem to be any indication of this on the MM parent website. (I received that limited release note in my purchase too. Product efficacy is NOT the same)
2. Product had been improperly stored causing deterioration and resulting in such a drastic difference in the product properties.
3. The formula for TSB has changed for the worse and together with this, an unannounced packaging refresh.

To those who are intending to purchase, I would suggest waiting out till further clarification is given as this alleged black tub limit release is not reflective of the qualities of the original TSB we have all known to love.

Thanks for the review. For now I guess probably safer to order directly from MM, I hope.

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I write to MM to highlight this issue. Now sure if that help though.

You guys can write to them. If more feedback then better.

vodka_water

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My current MM TSB felt abit hard as compared to previous jug. Will feel the pull during application.

Honestly feel tsb works better when it's firmer in the jar. The product tends to soften up over time, which gives less structure to the hair.

That being said.. Am considering selling my brand new TSB 02 as I really have too many products on hand alreh. But at the same time I really wanna try it out. Sian.

8mths back i did commented here that my 2nd jug of MM felt harder than my 1st jug but nichsong reply was that it will soften up over time.. haha..

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Morris motley sad to say. Now they get factory to do.
No more hand made.
Rob Mason cannot afford to do it on a large scale.
So might have some differences.

And ang moh like to bite the hands that feed you. Lol

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No more hand made.

Bummer :(.......

SideCutUpperCut

Reaction score
8mths back i did commented here that my 2nd jug of MM felt harder than my 1st jug but nichsong reply was that it will soften up over time.. haha..

I bought my previous jar about 3-4 months back. Product was still as expected.
I’ve got 3 white jars with me bought over the course of 1 year, qualities are consistent between them.
I do remember receiving tubs where the surface is slightly drier and harder , but it did soften up over time. No change in performance though.

However, this black tub is similar to your experience. It’s so sticky that I don’t dare to massage it too deep into my hair cuz it feels like I’m gonna rip some out. Never have I ever had application problems like this with my previous TSBs at any point.

SideCutUpperCut

Reaction score
No more hand made.

Sad to hear. Was a holy grail product for me.

Reminds me of when I was talking to my barber and she was recommending me their products and the moment I told her I use MM, she completely 180 and started singing praises about Rob Mason. Told me not to bother with trying the barbershop’s products. She will be disappointed to hear about this lol.

001_bh

Reaction score
Hi, new to this thread so I am not sure if I'm posting in the correct area. But basically, I'm thinking of getting an undercut.

Question is, how long does the hair at the sides (still at the top area, but on the left/right edge) need to be? I've tried to get this haircut some years ago, but was told my sides were not long enough. I have the typical Chinese dude spiky hair, with hair at the sides that won't come down but just keep growing outwards. For those of you who have the same hair type, how long did you grow your hair out for?

Thanks!

Fiveminutespomp

Reaction score
A while ago, nichsong mentioned before on Gerson & Co's clay. So about two months back, I joined Gerson and with his research and formulation samples, we created the Tropics Matte Clay which he longed to perfect it since last year.

We have feedback for this homebrewed tester from distinct pomade experts such as Kester, Justus, Nichsong and Tan Chor Theng.

Do check out our new Tropics Matte Clay available for pre-order now. Made to order and homebrewed to perfection.

https://gersonand.co/products/tropics-matte-clay

0skQUkr.jpg

We are offering pre-order discount. Additional discount if you key in the discount code mentioned in Singapore Pomade Enthusiasts Telegram chat: https://t.me/pomadesg

Last edited:

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, new to this thread so I am not sure if I'm posting in the correct area. But basically, I'm thinking of getting an undercut.

Question is, how long does the hair at the sides (still at the top area, but on the left/right edge) need to be? I've tried to get this haircut some years ago, but was told my sides were not long enough. I have the typical Chinese dude spiky hair, with hair at the sides that won't come down but just keep growing outwards. For those of you who have the same hair type, how long did you grow your hair out for?

Thanks!

The solution to the spiky growing out hair is to get a haircut every 2 weeks or invest in a shaver so you can ownself shave.

ecan07

Reaction score

Thanks!

very hard to envisage when no pictures are shown actually. Typical chinese dude spiky hair may mean different things to different people. Don't know which area you really referring to.
The haircut you wanna get, also no picture to see to advise. How to advise?
Anyway for the spiky side hairs that doesn't get down, last time my stylist did advise as the hair grows longer, no choice you just have to refrain from applying the wax underneath it, but rather using your palm with the product to press it down along the direction of hair growth (which may mean you are applying on it from back to front at an angle if that makes sense). Usually that helps a bit to tame that hair down, but as long as the hair grows, the issue will always pop up, just that this way at least keeps it neater.

DeMisE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just bought my morris motley from amazon sg for $31.49 with promo code and free delivery. new packaging too so seems good.

M4n0lCt.jpg
Bought from amazon with the blacktub, compared with my white tub, this black tub is really not up to standards. Wonder if MM website will entertain reviews when bought from amazon

queerquirks

Master Member
Reaction score
Got the MM tsb black tub from zalora, iirc seller is Hall of Goods. My black tub had a note saying its CNY release (when?)

Definitely softer and more pliable than the white tub from shopee (cfm old stocks) but not as soft as the version from about 2 years back. besides the hardness from scooping it out, the rest of the mm tsb still the same i feel, hold, volume, not too sticky when applying

mt_1809

Reaction score
hi everyone,

writing to pick the brains of the experts here.

currently, I'm using hanz de fuko claymation and the style lock hair spray. and I'm contemplating a change.

any recommendations?

PS: im having hair loss issues, and ideally the recommendations should be easy to wash off and doesn't harm the scalp. :)

Thank you in advance.

jayz89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How many of you actually bought hair shaver to shave the sides?

If so, which brand would you recommend? Budget let’s say 100$?

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
read the reviews of mm here too late

bought from sgpomades vending machine yesterday

also white box black tub

today first day use, feels it dries too fast when applying on hair and hence some hairs till get pulled out

for now i prefer my hdf claymation, easier to apply

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I’ve been facing scalp acne (whole head, more on sweat line) for the longest time. Tried many different methods, shampoo, hair tonic.

Any shampoo/recommendations to cure? Looking to cut my hair very short as well but not sure does it help.

Ps: also facing hair fall issues :(

shampoo all these won't cure de

u need to see a dermatologist

he will prescribe oral antibiotics as a first measure, it will clear but will almost certainly come back

last resort is eat the most potent medicine, Isotretinoin, which you dry you up completely.

i have been clear after taking it since 2016.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.