The Hair Thread - Part 5

turboo

Reaction score
You can consider Indians extra strong hold molding clay. It is a dry textured clay which comes w v strong hold. The washability is decent too, so this product should work well for you. That being said - being a dry textured clay, it can be towards the dry side and requires rubbing onto palms first (for it to work well) prior to application.
Thank you. which finishing spray and volumizer will you recommend for my case? short/flat hair.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you. which finishing spray and volumizer will you recommend for my case? short/flat hair.
There are actually many options out there for you to look at. So one of these options that you could possibly look at is Power Point finishing hairspray or 8+ hairspray. Both are lightweight hairspray that gives u decent holding power to make sure the hair stays in place throughout the day, but yet not pulling it down. The key difference between both is on the hold and shine. 8+ hairspray comes w slightly stronger hold and more matte than PP hairspray. You can do a search in this thread and past few threads as well.

Whereas for pre-styler for volumizing purposes, you can consider OS Fashion Sea Spray. It can be a little drying but it proves to be useful in our SG climate as it works to control and absorb the excess hair oils. In general, sea salt spray works to build a base structure in the hair so that subsequent main styling can be aided.

aWhimAway

Reaction score
Hi friends, any advice for thin, straight hair?
what products and brands to use?
currently using wax + finishing spray.
should try sss + wax + finishing spray or just sss + wax/clay?

thanks!

foo9883

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have been using Morris Motley matte for years now cos I really like the matte finish and my hair volume is too little for gloss finish.
But always has this issue where the clay just does not hold strongly. my front will always just drop down cos the hold is not strong enough.
Any other recommendations? Something that is matte yet has a stronger hold than Morris Motley ?

Last edited:

silentears

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
knn tears dd ish here too
Have been using Morris Motley matte for years now cos I really like the matte finish and my hair volume is too little for gloss finish.
But always has this issue where the clay just does not hold strongly. my front will always just drop down cos the hold is not strong enough.
Any other recommendations? Something that is matte yet has a stronger hold than Morris Motley ?
i tot u botak huan.
satki have dragon ball hair go up

foo9883

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i tot u botak huan.
satki have dragon ball hair go up

moi becuming botak soon :sad: :sad:
hair volume getting lesser and lesser.
how to make moar volume and less mushroomy

typical straight hair no shape. fringe keep poking to eye. side welly puffy

ontop flat. behind layer. :(

nowadays what u all use for styling hair gasby wax? Or what people call promenade now days?

see everybody cutting like kpop like dragon ball hair nowdays
chiur hair dont sound that bad

Bodentic

Reaction score
Is By Vilain still a thing?

Remember it being all the rage some years back.

It was a bitch to wash out though.

invisible.hippo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went to different saloon and they always commented that my scalp is very oily and recommend me those treatment for oily scalp.

They said once complete the treatment, my oily scalp will not be that oily and no need to do the treatment.

Will it works.

foo9883

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bump my question, kena buried

S1rius

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently using Fervor tea tree oil to combat hair loss. Was going to restock and shopee showed Grafen root bonus shampoo. Is it good? Any reviews on it?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.