The Landmark @ chin swee road

scanner007

Reaction score
yeh $19xx for CTE facing. guess it really depends if the audience minds or doesn't mind the noise. i have been there a few times and it's pretty quiet on some days. but during peak period, it's really noisy.

how much premium would someone be willing to pay for non-CTE/pool facing vs CTE/non-pool facing?

The noisy period will be during peak hours and certain time of the weekends. Been to Chinatown for many occasions to run era and along the way gone to the Landmark site to observe.

dareaper

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just went to visit the showroom today. Surprisingly still have low floor 2BR at 1962 psf facing CTE. One of the bigger 2BR in the development at 764 sqft though.

Overall quantum slightly higher than the smaller 678 sqft units that are 3-4 levels higher (facing CTE). This particular stack is mostly unsold compared to the 678 sqft 2BR that's already sold up to level 20/21, so I guess the larger floor area is a turn off for most investors.

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just went to visit the showroom today. Surprisingly still have low floor 2BR at 1962 psf facing CTE. One of the bigger 2BR in the development at 764 sqft though. Overall quantum slightly higher than the smaller 678 sqft low floors facing CTE. This particular stack is mostly unsold compared to the 678 sqft 2BR that's already sold up to level 20/21, so I guess the larger floor area is a turn off for most investors.
The 678sqft units are as high as 24xxpsf for 18th level while the 764sqf units are as low as 19xxpsf low floor CTE facing.

think it’s the better of two evils, size vs facing?

scanner007

Reaction score
Just went to visit the showroom today. Surprisingly still have low floor 2BR at 1962 psf facing CTE. One of the bigger 2BR in the development at 764 sqft though.

Overall quantum slightly higher than the smaller 678 sqft units that are 3-4 levels higher (facing CTE). This particular stack is mostly unsold compared to the 678 sqft 2BR that's already sold up to level 20/21, so I guess the larger floor area is a turn off for most investors.
This is the stack 1, 2 bedder biggest units. Likely also due to the location, no trees between CTE and the block, direct western sun. The 2nd bigger 2 bedder at stack 6, sold to level 6 or 7 if I recall correctly.

suggest one could read stacked home on the analysis on the sun direction.

scanner007

Reaction score
The 678sqft units are as high as 24xxpsf for 18th level while the 764sqf units are as low as 19xxpsf low floor CTE facing.

think it’s the better of two evils, size vs facing?
Bro, there are CTE facing smaller 2 bedder, they are also sold up to 21st floor.
Beside those points I mentioned earlier, it is also because of quantum.
Stack 6, the 2nd bigger 2 bedder stack sold up to 9th floor.

Last edited:

dareaper

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is the stack 1, 2 bedder biggest units. Likely also due to the location, no trees between CTE and the block, direct western sun. The 2nd bigger 2 bedder at stack 6, sold to level 6 or 7 if I recall correctly.

suggest one could read stacked home on the analysis on the sun direction.
Yeah the west sun is probably a big factor as well. Stack 1 is arguably worse than stack 4 since it's on the west end of the block, which based on stacked homes sun analysis, even when there's no direct west sun during some parts of the year, the walls of the unit will still be heated up by the west sun.

Stack 4 sold up to level 20. #21-04 is quoted at 2273 psf. Stack 8 sold up to level 21. #22-08 quoted at 2481 psf o_O. Quite similar psf to south facing pearl bank level 20 unit, but pearl bank units are bigger in size.

The whole project is only 31% sold so far though, so I think there's possibility of further discounts by the developer...

scanner007

Reaction score
Yeah the west sun is probably a big factor as well. Stack 1 is arguably worse than stack 4 since it's on the west end of the block, which based on stacked homes sun analysis, even when there's no direct west sun during some parts of the year, the walls of the unit will still be heated up by the west sun.

Stack 4 sold up to level 20. #21-04 is quoted at 2273 psf. Stack 8 sold up to level 21. #22-08 quoted at 2481 psf o_O. Quite similar psf to south facing pearl bank level 20 unit, but pearl bank units are bigger in size.

The whole project is only 31% sold so far though, so I think there's possibility of further discounts by the developer...
I doubt there are discount looking at how market move unless there are unsold units after 5 years(QC). Lol
Looking at nearby developments, Canninghill will be the push price factor. Likely at >28xx psf up or easily 3k psf. It is 10 -15 mins mins walk away from landmarks.
In between CDL is planning to revamp The Central mall building into mix commercial development.
the landmarks surrounding buildings is overdue for revamp too, will all this crystallise in the next 3 years? There is quite high probability. Checkout my earlier sharing on the CDL redevelopment article on this.

Last edited:

dareaper

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I doubt there are discount looking at how market move unless there are unsold units after 5 years. Lol
Looking at nearby developments, Canninghill will be the push price factor. Likely at >28xx psf up or easily 3k psf. It is 10 -15 mins mins walk away from landmarks.
In between CDL is planning to revamp The Central mall building into mix commercial development.
the landmarks surprised overdue for revamp too, will all this crystallise in the next 3 years? There is quite high probability. Checkout my earlier sharing on the CDL redevelopment article on this.
I think OPB gave additional discounts for specific units (e.g. Starbuy units) approx 7 months after initial launch. I didn't go check how the discounted price compares with the early birds though.
LM moved like maybe 10 units after initial launch weekend, and if this continues for another few months, the developer may start some marketing gimmicks like starbuy units for the harder to move stacks (#1, #6, 3 bedders).

Google Maps

Share same bullish sentiments as scanner, from another perspective.
This project is surrounded by Tiong Bahru (heritage), Outram Park (SGH Campus Masterplan), Tanjong Pagar (historic), Chinatown (tourist), Robertson Quay (expats), Clark Quey (tourist). Stretch the radius a little more, to Orchard (tourist), Raffles Place (CBD).

Another unique point I feel, more importantly (to me at least), is the Park.
Park to me is like water in a desert, green in a land of concrete.

Most of the recent projects that I went to are either facing roads or more commonly, facing another stack of concrete with offices/homes facing directly into your house, not sure about most folks but I grew up in HDB with no view at all, which is probably why it matters to me.

If we refer to the map, look for green/parks in this part of Singapore, other than Pearl's Hill City Park, there's Fort Canning Park (but its out for me as its too near clark quey and I've seen too much of the action that goes on every friday and saturday nights to want to stay there), other smaller parks like telok ayer park and hong lim park which has no new developments, and probably Gardens by the bay.

One question that people might have is then why not OPB, pricing is way out of range for OPB 2 bedder, especially if its park-facing, but if it's facing park, it also northwards unlike Landmark which is southwards, with the CBD skyscrapers as the backdrop, still attractive though, if pricing were more similar probably would be a tough choice...
If you have not bought yet, and is looking at 2 bedders at LM vs OPB now, LM's #22-08 is at 2481psf 678 sqft. OPB's #20-06 is at 2436 psf 743 sqft... Psf wise it's quite comparable already, but quantum is higher for OPB. Not too sure about OPB's non squarish layout though...

scanner007

Reaction score
I think OPB gave additional discounts for specific units (e.g. Starbuy units) approx 7 months after initial launch. I didn't go check how the discounted price compares with the early birds though.
LM moved like maybe 10 units after initial launch weekend, and if this continues for another few months, the developer may start some marketing gimmicks like starbuy units for the harder to move stacks (#1, #6, 3 bedders).

If you have not bought yet, and is looking at 2 bedders at LM vs OPB now, LM's #22-08 is at 2481psf 678 sqft. OPB's #20-06 is at 2436 psf 743 sqft... Psf wise it's quite comparable already, but quantum is higher for OPB. Not too sure about OPB's non squarish layout though...
Yeah, I heard about the discount too at OPB.
Are you planning to get 1 unit from LM or OPB?
The problem with OPB is the layout of some of its unit. Quite alot of space wastage.
Let see how things developed.

Last edited:

dareaper

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I heard about the disvcount too at OPB.
Are you planning to get 1 unit from LM or OPB?
The problem with OPB is the layout of some of its unit. Quite alot of space wastage.
Let see how things developed.
Just looking at an investment unit, doesn't necessarily need to be LM or OPB.. haven't walked actual sites at both location, so don't have full information yet, but entry at 2,4xx psf for either project is probably out for me, too much risk at this pricing... The 1962 psf for LM may still be a consideration despite being the worst stack though. Need to research more on how worst stack typically performs...

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just looking at an investment unit, doesn't necessarily need to be LM or OPB.. haven't walked actual sites at both location, so don't have full information yet, but entry at 2,4xx psf for either project is probably out for me, too much risk at this pricing... The 1962 psf for LM may still be a consideration despite being the worst stack though. Need to research more on how worst stack typically performs...
Investment unit wise the 1962psf one seems a good choice, someone pointed out above that the Landmark has many USP.. if can enter below 20xxpsf ur rental yield should be very decent, with adequate safety net.

scanner007

Reaction score
Investment unit wise the 1962psf one seems a good choice, someone pointed out above that the Landmark has many USP.. if can enter below 20xxpsf ur rental yield should be very decent, with adequate safety net.
Yup!

Dareaper do check in the LM thread or the rental discussion or you could do a rental yield check on the nearby condo rate, Dorset’s residence is one good reference in term of size, quantum and rental yield.

happy hunting!
Cheers

scanner007

Reaction score
Google Maps

Share same bullish sentiments as scanner, from another perspective.
This project is surrounded by Tiong Bahru (heritage), Outram Park (SGH Campus Masterplan), Tanjong Pagar (historic), Chinatown (tourist), Robertson Quay (expats), Clark Quey (tourist). Stretch the radius a little more, to Orchard (tourist), Raffles Place (CBD).

Another unique point I feel, more importantly (to me at least), is the Park.
Park to me is like water in a desert, green in a land of concrete.

Most of the recent projects that I went to are either facing roads or more commonly, facing another stack of concrete with offices/homes facing directly into your house, not sure about most folks but I grew up in HDB with no view at all, which is probably why it matters to me.

If we refer to the map, look for green/parks in this part of Singapore, other than Pearl's Hill City Park, there's Fort Canning Park (but its out for me as its too near clark quey and I've seen too much of the action that goes on every friday and saturday nights to want to stay there), other smaller parks like telok ayer park and hong lim park which has no new developments, and probably Gardens by the bay.

One question that people might have is then why not OPB, pricing is way out of range for OPB 2 bedder, especially if its park-facing, but if it's facing park, it also northwards unlike Landmark which is southwards, with the CBD skyscrapers as the backdrop, still attractive though, if pricing were more similar probably would be a tough choice...
Congrats! I believe you got LM unit. Which stack you bought? ;)

scanner007

Reaction score
3 units confirmed sale this weekend. 05-01, 16-05 & 15-09
2 more units booked. 15-03 and 13-03.
04-01 was dropped. Stack 1 is the concern, as what I have shared.
Let see whether LM architect will come out with new surprises to sweeten CTE facing units again. :ROFLMAO:

Looks like buyers coming back slowly (seem like all investors )after comparing the prices on other city fringe and CCR projects.
LM Sale Status

Last edited:

homersimpson84

Reaction score
great news on the protection on expressway noise blocking facilities. but still prefer pool facing just for a peace of mind and not to keep "worrying" about noise. unless you are the type that are very sure you wont ever open the windows to ventilate the house or cook.
Well in case you didn't know unlike the other 1 and 2 bedder layouts, stack 1 and 6 has windows facing in both directions, giving it extra ventilation and light. They have four windows that are not facing CTE i.e kitchen, dining area and both toilets. If you have to have some peace or distrust the soundproofing but still want ventilation, you can always consider shutting the CTE facing windows, and opening the non CTE facing windows :D

Also cooking won't be an issue since you can always do up a bi-fold door to separate the kitchen and dining/living area while still having ventilation from your kitchen window.

Last edited:

dareaper

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3 units confirmed sale this weekend. 05-01, 16-05 & 15-09
2 more units booked. 15-03 and 13-03.
04-01 was dropped. Stack 1 is the concern, as what I have shared.
Let see whether LM architect will come out with new surprises to sweeten CTE facing units again. :ROFLMAO:

Looks like buyers coming back slowly (seem like all investors )after comparing the prices on other city fringe and CCR projects.
LM Sale Status
ya the 1962 psf unit is for #04-01.... #07-01 is quoted at $52K higher than 04-01, 17k/level increase :ROFLMAO:

today went to walk actual site... walked up towards the park area, and in a span of maybe 5 minutes, my missus gotten 6 mosquito bites.... hopefully is from the work site and not the park, else next time ppl swimming or sun tanning at the pool also kena bitten :x

scanner007

Reaction score
Well in case you didn't know unlike the other 1 and 2 bedder layouts, stack 1 and 6 has windows facing in both directions, giving it extra ventilation and light. They have four windows that are not facing CTE i.e kitchen, dining area and both toilets. If you really have to have some peace but still want ventilation, you can always consider shutting the CTE facing windows, and opening the non CTE facing windows :D
Also cooking won't be an issue since you can always do up a bi-fold door to separate the kitchen and dining/living area while still having ventilation from your kitchen window.
yes, the better stack is 8,9 and 6. The latter has windows each at the toilets, dinner area and kitchen. All not facing the road.

scanner007

Reaction score
ya the 1962 psf unit is for #04-01.... #07-01 is quoted at $52K higher than 04-01, 17k/level increase :ROFLMAO:

today went to walk actual site... walked up towards the park area, and in a span of maybe 5 minutes, my missus gotten 6 mosquito bites.... hopefully is from the work site and not the park, else next time ppl swimming or sun tanning at the pool also kena bitten :x
Lol, try the side pathway to LM. That route is quite safe. Alternatively, is walk along the red star side, HDB.

Mosquito like chlorine smell? And can swim? Lol

dareaper

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol, try the side pathway to LM. That route is quite safe. Alternatively, is walk along the red star side, HDB.

Mosquito like chlorine smell? And can swim? Lol
what's the side pathway to LM? i was only walking on the road between LM and the park, and only reached the drive way entrance into LM before turning back. Didn't actually go inside the park itself after all the bites on my missus... i got zero bites though :x

ppl swimming still have to get out of the pool eventually mah. not sure how big a source of mosquito is the park.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.