The Razer Blade 14

ckctam

Reaction score

GolferZzAxis

Reaction score
Based on notebookcheck.net, heat isn't such an issue (https://www.notebookcheck.net/Razer...17-Performance-At-Half-The-Size.546754.0.html). Interesting he say Intel runs hotter than AMD. Most amd chips these days generally run hotter than Intel.

Ram wise and support is probably the biggest turn off. Plus, the premium price.

Tbh, the current options for portable 14" gaming laptops in SG is pretty much limited to the Zephyrus G14 or the Razer Blade 14.

The base model of Zephyrus G14 (2021) with RTX3060 goes for about $2.8k in Shopee / Lazada. A similarly spec'd Razer Blade 14 goes for the same price too if you use an education discount (5% off) at the Razer Online Store. Might as well pickup the Blade 14 for the superior build quality and a webcam + IR for Windows Hello, if you see no need to upgrade any components inside the laptop.

I went for the Blade 14 in the end cos not having a webcam is an absolute no-no in this era of Zoom and MS Teams.

But yeah if you're not moving about and only use your gaming laptop at home, then go for a bigger and bulkier gaming laptop such as the Legion 5 Pro instead. Far cheaper too.

Last edited:

ckctam

Reaction score
Tbh, the current options for portable 14" gaming laptops in SG is pretty much limited to the Zephyrus G14 or the Razer Blade 14.

The base model of Zephyrus G14 (2021) with RTX3060 goes for about $2.8k in Shopee / Lazada. A similarly spec'd Razer Blade 14 goes for the same price too if you use an education discount (5% off) at the Razer Online Store. Might as well pickup the Blade 14 for the superior build quality and a webcam + IR for Windows Hello, if you see no need to upgrade any components inside the laptop.

I went for the Blade 14 in the end cos not having a webcam is an absolute no-no in this era of Zoom and MS Teams.

But yeah if you're not moving about and only use your gaming laptop at home, then go for a bigger and bulkier gaming laptop such as the Legion 5 Pro instead. Far cheaper too.

G14 is overpriced in Singapore. I got the 1660 version last year.

Razer blade 14 is a good choice bc the price diff is minor, plus Blade 14 is more powerful.

How is the battery life?

GolferZzAxis

Reaction score
G14 is overpriced in Singapore. I got the 1660 version last year.

Razer blade 14 is a good choice bc the price diff is minor, plus Blade 14 is more powerful.

How is the battery life?

Previously only used crappy budget laptops (and a M1 Macbook Air), so the battery for this is really decent. Using to do word, excel, browsing internet and watching netflix nets me about 5-6 hours of screen on time. Can stretch to 7+ if you use at minimum brightness and best battery life option. Cannot compare to M1 Macbook though since that runs on an ARM chip, nothing comes close to M1 in terms of battery life.

Don't game while on battery though, not recommended.

Since the price of Blade 14 and ASUS G14 is similar in SG, i would advise to go for the Blade 14. Having a webcam and IR for Windows Hello is just so much better in my opinion. But this thing is one giant fingerprint magnet, need wipe frequently or get dbrand sticker to cover it.

Also it runs hot when gaming AAA games. Incredibly hot, enough to cook an egg on the laptop that kind of hot

Kairos

Reaction score
"Why I Returned My Razer Blade 14?"

Source: YouTube - Ben G Kaiser

GolferZzAxis

Reaction score
The above video also highlighted this.

Probably due to the compact size of the laptop. Only so much you can do to cool with a smaller heatsink in a 14" chassis. Asus G14 also has similar thermals issue, although that one is slightly better since it has vents on the sides too.

If not comfortable to game at such high temps i highly suggest to go for larger gaming laptops instead.

ckctam

Reaction score
Probably due to the compact size of the laptop. Only so much you can do to cool with a smaller heatsink in a 14" chassis. Asus G14 also has similar thermals issue, although that one is slightly better since it has vents on the sides too.

If not comfortable to game at such high temps i highly suggest to go for larger gaming laptops instead.
Also razer 14 gpu has a higher tdp than G14. This is why razer 14 has better gpu performance, at the expense of heat.

huytoan132

Reaction score
SG is not the market for small players like Asus, Acer, MSI, etc. Their laptop pricing is ridiculous compared to other countries

ckctam

Reaction score
SG is not the market for small players like Asus, Acer, MSI, etc. Their laptop pricing is ridiculous compared to other countries
I actually think Singapore is too small of a market for laptop manufacturers. Asus G14 is a good example. Asus can produce enough to sell at Best Buy in USA. After conversion, it is like 2000SGD. Here the markup is 1000 more. Why is that? Bc Asus can produce so much more and sell to Best Buy at a discounted price.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.