The Teeth Straightening Thread

foo9883

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did Invisalign before and will never do it again. I subsequently did braces as my teeth relapsed after (1) I stopped using my retainers post-Invisalign. Invisalign is more discreet but it’s super inconvenient. You have to remove when you eat or drink anything besides water. In the morning when I drink coffee, gotta remove, then rinse my mouth and place it back. It’s ridiculous. (2) When you eat out, it’s hard to find a toilet to brush your teeth and put it back on. I mean it’s kinda weird to be brushing your teeth in public too. End up I couldn’t wear it for the recommended 21 hours a day and so my treatment was frequently extended and results not ideal. (3) Invisalign is good only if you have a minimal social life. That is, you are always home otherwise it’s hard to fit it into a normal person’s lifestyle. I did braces after that and it was the best option.
1 - if u stop using retainers (no matter invisalign or braces) your teeth will relapse regardless. so imo its not an invisalign thing.

2 - agree, but then again don't need keep listening to your orthodontist exactly de lah. when i eat out i just rinse my mouth with water and floss thats it. go home then brush

3 - this one i sadly agree lol. luckily i've been wfh for the most part since early last year so thats why i chose to do it now. with all the restrictions and lockdown, can't meet anybody much anyways.
also can cover your invisalign / braces insecurities with a mask :o

my 2 cents.

smurfzzz

Reaction score
i was told to brush teeth after every meal. but hor, beyond normal meals i also snack a lot so every day i can brush 4-5 times de.

is there such a thing as brushing too much?
Is it painful when you take out and put back the retainer? I have an extremely low pain tolerance, even facial with those pimple squeeze is painful for me....

It's kind of superb inconvenient to need to brush multi times a day. Im also snacking a lot, like every 1-2 hrs.

And retainers, is it a lifetime wearing? Means, I'll have to stay with the hassle forever.

I'm still considering if I should go for it.

foo9883

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it painful when you take out and put back the retainer? I have an extremely low pain tolerance, even facial with those pimple squeeze is painful for me....

It's kind of superb inconvenient to need to brush multi times a day. Im also snacking a lot, like every 1-2 hrs.

And retainers, is it a lifetime wearing? Means, I'll have to stay with the hassle forever.

this is my personal experience:

1. will need to change to new set of aligners every 7-10 days depending on your orthodontist . for each new set, taking out and putting back the aligners will be painful for the first few days as the teeth is moving to the aligner's position. towards the end of the 10 days e.g. after the 7th day the pain is usually gone as the teeth has fully settled.

2. haha when i'm outside for meals i'll just rinse and floss my teeth after meals. not convenient to brush teeth outside. only when i reach home then will brush.

3. retainers is lifetime yes. but wear every night only during sleep.

foo9883

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

hmm let me correct myself: maybe not really pain per say, but rather sore teeth ba. Won't be able to bite into hard food e.g. pork chop until the teeth settles

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.