The Travel Insurance Promotion Thread

boringLife-

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can share claim experience with FWD?

I claimed before Etiqa twice and both time they approved my claims within 6hours, even on the friday night, with only boarding pass as proof and a self written summary. Hence this is the standard I expect when it comes to claim.

kaffal

Reaction score
I would like to check if anyone had purchased a one way air ticket insurance before ? I had no return dates currently and would to check if anyone are aware of any service provider offering such plan ?

smellyfish

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys which travel insurance to get for over 70s? i never realized their claim amounts can be so discounted!

Xylus*^^

Reaction score
Hi, noob q here. Pls help.
do i put child or adult when buying insurance as he will turn 18 this year but exact date wise is not before the start of the trip.

georgie

Reaction score
yep, for Covid cover, most important aspects I feel are Trip Cancellation, Overseas Treatment & Med Evac ...

if local Covid treatment needed post trip, I am sure most in SG can afford, and can tap on own Hospitalisation plan if needed

as for Travel Delay, I think "difficult" to claim ... need delay of at least 6 hrs

one unique benefit of Aviva is "Trip Cancellation for Any Reason" .. albeit it provides 50% normal Cancellation cover, no other insurer provides this ... can claim or not is another matter
Having bought my air tickets, i did a quick search and comparison.

My main criteria was Covid coverage, Medical and Rental Vehicle excess ... shortlised the following

1) AVIVA SingLife
2) NTUC (40% off)
3) Direct Asia (40% off)
4) FWD (50% off)

Decided to go with AVIVA SingLife (currently 18% + 30% Mindef GTL off) ... ASL has the highest Covid coverage of these insurers by far ! For 16 days cover in Asia, $68 (middle option)

I was surprised that generally Covid coverage is quite low for most insurers
eg) Covid Emergency Evac ranges from only SGD 100k to 150k (whereas normal Med Evac is usually "Unlimited")
eg) Covid Trip Cancellation ranges from $500 to 1500 (whereas normal is 5k)

Sompo and MSIG also have higher Covid coverage but Premiums are almost doubled.
im comparing between Singlife & FWD now, both with their promos are priced similarly.
but thought Singlife covid coverage is not as good as others? the covid cancellation only 1500 compared to 5000 w others.

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im comparing between Singlife & FWD now, both with their promos are priced similarly.
but thought Singlife covid coverage is not as good as others? the covid cancellation only 1500 compared to 5000 w others.

yep ... those offer higher Covid cover will also cost more

it depends what your need is

georgie

Reaction score
yep ... those offer higher Covid cover will also cost more

it depends what your need is
actually cancellation due to covid19 refers to what ah? i went through their policy booklet but they didnt mention the covid19, prob cause it was added on later part.
they only have the FAQ on it.
means tio covid have to cancel they refund 1500$? if covid causes flight to be cancelled its under the flight cancellation claim which is 15k right?

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually cancellation due to covid19 refers to what ah? i went through their policy booklet but they didnt mention the covid19, prob cause it was added on later part.
they only have the FAQ on it.
means tio covid have to cancel they refund 1500$? if covid causes flight to be cancelled its under the flight cancellation claim which is 15k right?

From what I read so far, Covid Cover is a separate cover with it's own benefit limits (normally lower benefit cover)

See attached for SingLife Aviva

that means Flight Cancellation due to Covid is only $1500 (not $15k) under the Plus Plan !

$15k is only if Flight cancel due to the Other Insured Events, except Covid

georgie

Reaction score
From what I read so far, Covid Cover is a separate cover with it's own benefit limits (normally lower benefit cover)

See attached for SingLife Aviva

that means Flight Cancellation due to Covid is only $1500 (not $15k) under the Plus Plan !

$15k is only if Flight cancel due to the Other Insured Events, except Covid
ya lor, i was reading this also.
the 1500 covid cancellation a bit low, cause my trip in May23 to iceland, later these 6 months whatever covid happen then jialat

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya lor, i was reading this also.
the 1500 covid cancellation a bit low, cause my trip in May23 to iceland, later these 6 months whatever covid happen then jialat

agree it is low

probably just enuf to cover air fare within APAC

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today want to book my travel insurance, all price went up sian....
oceanicmanta bro, got any lobang for promo code or special deal?

Is MSIG good in term of claim? $48.60 for Elite. Thanks

Last edited:

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today want to book my travel insurance, all price went up sian....
oceanicmanta bro, got any lobang for promo code or special deal?

Is MSIG good in term of claim? $48.60 for Elite. Thanks

the promo usually come back, if can wait a bit ... mayb Black Friday wld have something ?

or check here https://www.singsaver.com.sg/blog/best-travel-insurance-singapore

where r u going ?

IMO, MSIG is one of the more reputable insurers I wld consider (in addition to Sompo, AVIVA, AXA) .. this is simply based on their wordings n coverage (but Covid Cover is new to me as well)

FWD & Etiqa I wld also consider for short n simple trips

For claims, I believe if the Claim is legit and reasonable, insurers would act accordingly

but I usually wont consider HL, Chubbs, Allianz

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the promo usually come back, if can wait a bit ... mayb Black Friday wld have something ?

or check here https://www.singsaver.com.sg/blog/best-travel-insurance-singapore

where r u going ?

IMO, MSIG is one of the more reputable insurers I wld consider (in addition to Sompo, AVIVA, AXA) .. this is simply based on their wordings n coverage (but Covid Cover is new to me as well)

FWD & Etiqa I wld also consider for short n simple trips

For claims, I believe if the Claim is legit and reasonable, insurers would act accordingly

but I usually wont consider HL, Chubbs, Allianz
I think I blacklisted Allianz for this :LOL:
Will going to Thailand Chiang Mai in Jan 2023.
Actually targeted Sompo but price jump up alot.
Just read some good reviews on Etiqa, will check it out.
Thanks bro, you are always active to helps (y)

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just check Etiqa
For my trip 7 days, premium $32.20
+ covid add $16.20
Total $48.60
There is a additional home coverage :giggle:

since MSIG n Etiqa r same price, u may want to compare :

- medical in Singapore .. must see doctor within how many days of return
- emergency evacuation amounts
- terms relating to loss of money, personal items (eg AVIVA say must report to Police or Relevant Authority)
- trip cancellation amounts & terms

based on my notes from past, I think Etiqa DO NOT cover loss of money

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
since MSIG n Etiqa r same price, u may want to compare :

- medical in Singapore .. must see doctor within how many days of return
- emergency evacuation amounts
- terms relating to loss of money, personal items (eg AVIVA say must report to Police or Relevant Authority)
- trip cancellation amounts & terms

based on my notes from past, I think Etiqa DO NOT cover loss of money
Etiqa Savvy did cover loss of money $300 and document $200.
Can't find the detail on home context cover and fine detail on - medical in Singapore .. must see doctor within how many days of return

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.