The universe is a simulation and people just don't want to accept the truth..

Perisher

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I also gave another analogy your video game character cannot switch off your computer, only you can.

Tell me when your video game character is able to come out of your monitor to switch off the computer.
didn't i already replied to that.
that's totally different from if you are in the game.

1 is you are human playing a character in a game, you can log out.
1 is you are the character in the game, not the human controlling the character hence why you can't log out.

And if you are referring to the 2nd scenario, then there is nothing you can do about it, hence why does it matter if you accept or reject the truth? You are but a character, not the human(or whatever) controlling the character.

nyvrem

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ish rike a sandbox game la

can do anything but cannot do anything at the same time

:(

Śūnyatā

Reaction score
the concept of free-will however is about an agent having the freedom to will over his possible options.

if the agent has no free-reign in between mind-state A or B, can we rly say he/she have the free-will at that point in time of decision-making?

i suppose you could also induce that he has the free-will to nudge him/herself towards a certain mind-state to subsequently make a certain decision, but where is the free-will for that initial nudge towards the desired direction to trigger this supposed domino-effect?

The key to decoding this is by examining the differences between a quantum computer and a classical computer. The code execution of a classical computer is done linearly, the sequence is determined by the inputs. A specific set of inputs into a specific function will always produce a fixed set of results. Mathematically, this is how a function is defined as well. This is also the reason why true randomness (say a random number generator) is not possible in a classical computer. If our brains work like classical computers, then I would agree that there is no free-will. Free-will would have to happen outside of the classical computer i.e. the inputs are arbitrarily determined by the person interacting with the program that is being executed.

However, our brains are not designed like classical computers. They are quantum in nature. If we use the comparison to quantum computers where the computation output is deterministic but the interpretation (and conversion into classical terms) is non-deterministic, then we get a glimpse of how free-will works in our reality.

PS: I'm referring to actual quantum computers, and not those that are simulated in software on a classical computer.

Vezelover

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
didn't i already replied to that.
that's totally different from if you are in the game.

1 is you are human playing a character in a game, you can log out.
1 is you are the character in the game, not the human controlling the character hence why you can't log out.

And if you are referring to the 2nd scenario, then there is nothing you can do about it, hence why does it matter if you accept or reject the truth? You are but a character, not the human(or whatever) controlling the character.
And you think voting opposition has any use? Not happy migrate lor

idolcritic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually no difference whether is real or simulation
doesn't matter cos will be still bbfa

Perisher

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
And you think voting opposition has any use? Not happy migrate lor
again... keep going off topic. zzz.

btw, you are not happy with opposition yet there will always be opposition, so take your own medicine you migrate lor.

Śūnyatā

Reaction score
i differ from your view on this. From my view, possible states = everything. so B>E exists. There is never anything that doesn't exists as a possibility.

Let's use an example. Assuming at this moment you see a broken bowl on the ground. Would it be possible for you to pick up the bowl as a whole?

The possibility of broken bowl -> picking up the bowl whole does not exist. In the context of our reality, the probability is zero.

SaberTifa

Reaction score
3D-Crystal-Galaxy-Ball-Universe-Glass-Ball-with-Chargeable-LED-Base-Laser-Engraved-Home-Decoration-Accessories.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

we are inside this crystal ball, in some toy shop in the real world, haha.

Full_Cream_Milk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just giving my thoughts on this.

I read before our lives will never be "better"

In a simulation because the creator want to

Observe what are the consequences and our reactions

To bad events. If the creator give us a life full of happiness,

There is nothing to observe but happiness.

So it is very likely that we will continue to "suffer"

Until we log out of this experiment.

Those very successful people that you see or know,

They are probably "non playable characters" NPC

As in they no feelings, just a character in the script...

Śūnyatā

Reaction score
Lord Buddha already said this world is empty. Maybe he refers it is a simulation.

Yes, you are right. We perceive everything around us via our sense organs. The signals in turn get interpreted by our brains. The interpreted results get further processed through the application of biases, prejudices, and other mental effects. The end result would be different from what we originally perceived. Every step in the above chain of events is filled with errors that cause perceived outcome to move away from the original object of perception.

Thus what we perceive is considered empty because it does not make sense without taking into account everything else. The mind-object cannot stand on its own.

IndianChief

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Let's use an example. Assuming at this moment you see a broken bowl on the ground. Would it be possible for you to pick up the bowl as a whole?

The possibility of broken bowl -> picking up the bowl whole does not exist. In the context of our reality, the probability is zero.
That is single universe approach. If you subscribe to multiverae approach, there is a world where the bowl never broke. Of course moving between worlds, although is a function of the mind, is not so easy. Plus people's mind and memory are locked into the fact that the bowl broke, so quantum mechanics will continue showing that the bowl broke.

Just because all possibilities exists doesn't mean its all achievable. It's dependent on how much you believe with all the fibres on your body that the world is an illusion that can be changed like a portrait. 99% of ppl (me included) can't escape the illusion. Sad truths.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.