These 4 days of cny, are taxi drivers happily choosing passenger? Requesting for metered ride for 30 mins but still no driver

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Yes, in Singapore
Want to take taxi has to follow their rule
they click 6-8 min, you have to wait under the sun 6-8 min downstairs
the driver late for 2 min, they cancel you
or after 6-8 min, they took a wrong turn,
they cancel you too
yoh have to call another taxi and wait for another 6-8 min

if you late for 2 min, they cancel and charge cancellation fee
The time is really just estimated timing. I am sure all taxi drivers and phv drivers try their best to reach the passenger as fast as possible safely.

When taxi driver click on the 6 to 8 mins, sometimes they are just conservative estimation. Would u rather another taxi driver click on 2 mins to win the bid (taxi booking is given to drivers who click on the least mins) and take 10 mins to reach your place?

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
well when these fixed rate hire car started, most ppl so happy and shun taxi. those take feeder bus skip and took this flat rate cause it very cheap.

now they dominate due to this... so suck thumb....
Yah lor.... seems that they never complained when they managed to get a phv on rates that are less than metered fare, now they complain on surged fixed rates and complain why no metered taxi available. :s22:

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
how old? buy these if they are 4 years old.

This one looks very good, very compact and portable.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
can you choose the task your boss assign to you?
if grab or Gojek cannot choose
why taxi driver can?
Cos taxi rental is higher than phv rental.

If dun give taxi drivers the flexibility and incentives, then all convert to phv liao then u happy rite?

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If this is the case
should remove meter for all taxi
all the trips use fixed price depending on demand
and don’t restrict parents with children
to only taxi
U can't remove meters cos there are some bookings that do not specify the destination, so have to go by meter only.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
No leh. Their rental company give them restrictions, must clock certain hours weekly.

I tot, might as well give them fixed pay + commission, annual leave and CPF.
Clocking certain hours doesn't mean must take jobs or even pick up passengers leh.

coern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
meter is for kerbside hail and taxi stand trips...

If this is the case
should remove meter for all taxi
all the trips use fixed price depending on demand
and don’t restrict parents with children
to only taxi

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
totally agreed.

To TS:

of course drivers would pick the job which maximises his profits.

and no, you are not PHV/taxi driver's boss. the drivers are self employed much like hawkers. they have no bosses, you are just a customer. big difference.

some rules are there to ensure availability, but ultimately it's demand v supply.

think about it, its CNY, extremely high demand, extremely low supply. plus, its raining. of course fares will be "jacked" up.

instead of complaining, know that sometimes demand simply outstrip supply and you have to pay to get what you want. dont want to pay? then take public transport like most people do.
Yah lor.... people generally think that CNY got more taxis and phvs, but actually quite a lot of drivers take a break during CNY only, and work on all other public holidays for the rest of the year.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
tip for you, and maybe TS

- install as many apps as you bother to: zig, grab, gojek, ryde, tada, etc.

usually at least 1 app will have a decent price and availability.
This is true.

I mainly book from either CDG Zig, Gojek and TADA. I have tried Grab and Ryde before but I think generally their surged prices are often higher than Gojek and TADA, so I think Gojek and TADA phv apps are sufficient.

Another thing I notice is that sometimes surge on one platform is not reflected on the other platform. For example at a certain time, CDG Zig had a surged fixed prices, but Gojek and TADA had fixed prices even lower than the lower end of the CDG metered fare estimation. So no brainer, I chose to book the Gojek option.

thretiredDad

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yah lor.... people generally think that CNY got more taxis and phvs, but actually quite a lot of drivers take a break during CNY only, and work on all other public holidays for the rest of the year.
those who drive on cny
know most passenger will accept whatever surge price
so will ignore all metered fare trip

Hyperephania

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
want to give them extra income also cannot
was planning to leave or go 30 min earlier
to try for metered fee
they didnt want accept
So we took bus or mrt
except on Sunday big Rain no choice
took fixed
What is with that self-important ego :s13:

What you mean by "extra income" when you're booking the cheapest rate? Whole Singapore also have people trying to get a ride, no need your $20 $30 $40.

From your post, you seem like those kind of people that treat service providers with the "I pay your salary" attitude.

They won't suddenly need to declare bankrupt with 1 less potential rider, don't worry. Take bus/mrt all you want.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Let these Low lifes earn lah. As if will be rich just becos of a few days of surge.
They are just making an honest living providing essential service moving people around, why u so rude?

U dun have to emphatise with them but dun have to scold them ****** and low life. :s22:

thretiredDad

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is true.

I mainly book from either CDG Zig, Gojek and TADA. I have tried Grab and Ryde before but I think generally their surged prices are often higher than Gojek and TADA, so I think Gojek and TADA phv apps are sufficient.

Another thing I notice is that sometimes surge on one platform is not reflected on the other platform. For example at a certain time, CDG Zig had a surged fixed prices, but Gojek and TADA had fixed prices even lower than the lower end of the CDG metered fare estimation. So no brainer, I chose to book the Gojek option.
The funny part I feel
regulation don’t allow taxi driver to “tout” at taxi stand or shopping malls

but now the company uses their booking system
to “tout” for the drivers using surging pricing

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't beg the government for hangout when problems arises. Really low sea drivers.

Lol at you guys when you are begging the press and government for more passengers.
Why need to beg?

the app is there for everyone to use.

no need to beg

thretiredDad

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is with that self-important ego :s13:

What you mean by "extra income" when you're booking the cheapest rate? Whole Singapore also have people trying to get a ride, no need your $20 $30 $40.

From your post, you seem like those kind of people that treat service providers with the "I pay your salary" attitude.

They won't suddenly need to declare bankrupt with 1 less potential rider, don't worry. Take bus/mrt all you want.
I can take mrt or bus or even walk
but i am giving them “extra” income opportunity
by taking taxi
if they give me fair rate, I will take taxi
if they give me surge rate, I will take mrt or bus

which part you don’t understand

SkyAmryBoi

Reaction score
I was on cab. I happen to see when fixed price flash on the screen, it is bright yellow colour. When it is meter, just plain white colour

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
When fixed rate is lower than meter
means supply more than demand

when fixed rate is higher than meter
means demand more than supply

i prefer fixed rate fare
as the route will not matter
I think your last paragraph is not your truth. It should be changed to: "U only prefer fixed rate fare if it is lower than meter, as your first post obviously balk at booking a taxi with surged fixed fare."

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.