Those bought JR pass from klook

martin

Reaction score
After exchanging for the pass when you arrive, can do reservations online or must always go to ticket counter?

chengwei

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it seems like it is possible to make seats reservations for JR pass if it is from/for JR East (https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/ticket/reservation.html) or JR Kyushu (https://www.jrkyushu.co.jp/english/faq/rp.html#anchor-Product).

Personally, I always make my seat reservations (for whole trip) at the counter right after collecting the JR passes.

I feel that it is easier to get the reservations sorted out and resolved at the counter (timing availability and seats availability) with a dedicated staff.

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But for subsequent trips? Still must do at counter or can do online?
just check klook website or chat with their support. post covid rules might have changed so better to clarify with klook directly.

that said, i always do at counter. sometimes they can advise better route options

andrewkb

Reaction score
Once seats are reserved, are there any way to change the time slot if my schedule changed?

Last edited:

Honda_typeR

Reaction score
Hmmm I did it once, I had a later train reservation. I just tried my luck as I was at the station early, the counter staff assist me to book the earlier timing.

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe the JR pass must have QR code printed or the standard serial number to book reservations online. My pass Takayama-Hokuriku pass don't have that and I have to do it on the counter.

As I was at a less busy station like toyama and shin Takaoka. No queue at all when I booked reservation seat for limited express train. JR pass office Kanazawa Station was very crowded.

shawny17

Reaction score
Hi, not sure if still helpful. If your Japan Rail pass was purchased through Klook, can't book online I believe. You can consider using the machines directly to reserve your seats. The queues at the counter can be really long. You can refer to the Youtube video for guidance. HTHs.

shawny17

Reaction score
Once starts are reserved, are there any way to change the time slot if my schedule changed?

This is with reference to those 7/14/21 days Japan Rail Pass (since it's what I purchased). You can opt to change or cancel your reservations. Changes can be done at the counters but depending on the stations, queues can be extremely long. You should try the ticketing machines available at all stations instead. IIRC, apart from reserving seats, I also made reservation changes via the machines. Just make sure you have your passports and JR Passes ready. Refer to the attached video for guidance. It's super easy to do so once you get a hang of it. Fortunately, I stayed at hotels right next to stations so it was really convenient for me, ticket reservations/changes can be done outside the counter operating hours.

martin

Reaction score
Post covid had not been back to Japan.
I actually meant when you exchanged the pass, you also made reservations there. But your subsequent train rides, did you always need to go to counter to make reservation. I gathered from the other replies, it is not possible to reserve online.

Honda_typeR

Reaction score
I actually meant when you exchanged the pass, you also made reservations there. But your subsequent train rides, did you always need to go to counter to make reservation. I gathered from the other replies, it is not possible to reserve online
Yes I did, I always go to the counter. Not sure if things have change post Feb 2020.

I understand for passes now you are able to use the automated gates. Previously have to show the manned office. Reservation online have not tried before.

YYCole

Reaction score
If i can also add a suggestion, if possible, dont exchange at the JR office at the airport. Took me 2 plus hours to get the pass. What i should have done is, spend a bit more money (from Haneda), ca 6-7 dollars i think, and go to city and do the exchange. I think its more worth it to spend 6-7 dollars than to waste 2 plus hours queuing at the office.

rifleman

Reaction score
If i can also add a suggestion, if possible, dont exchange at the JR office at the airport. Took me 2 plus hours to get the pass. What i should have done is, spend a bit more money (from Haneda), ca 6-7 dollars i think, and go to city and do the exchange. I think its more worth it to spend 6-7 dollars than to waste 2 plus hours queuing at the office.
Well, that was what I thought too. I went to Ueno station to do the exchange, but the queue at the JR East Service Centre was also very long… think I queued for 1.5 hrs.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.