Those of you who uses Nespresso machine, where do you get your coffee capsules?

Kaylin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I never drink their nespresso capsules but their espresso in their outlets are all darkroast in singapore, and done in a way to make it even more bitter.

I believe their's are also with a lot of Robusta. Robusta produces nice crema and has a very thick body. Bad thing is 90% of the robusta out there taste very nasty. There are good ones that taste almost like Arabica and maintain the same trait with thick body though.
wow you're the connoisseur! peifu peifu! i only go by the taste, maybe u can try the starbucks capsules sometime and see whether u like or not? šŸ˜¬ expert advice always appreciated.

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 1kg of good dark roast can pull max 140 espressos.
1 espresso is about 7g of coffee. Nespresso only use 5.5g.

My amdk staffs and neighbours all like to come into my pantry and take all my coffee
1KG $26, so about 20 cents a shot.

My staff all don't wfh, come back office yolo one. :(
I default 19 gram in 38gram out lol. Tat is my 1 shot

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I never drink their nespresso capsules but their espresso in their outlets are all darkroast in singapore, and done in a way to make it even more bitter.

I believe their coffee are also with a lot of Robusta. Robusta produces nice crema and has a very thick body. Bad thing is 90% of the robusta out there taste very nasty. There are good ones that taste almost like Arabica and maintain the same trait with thick body though, those are the best of both world. I see Starbucks sell pure arabica beans before, i bought some to try, tbh they were like 1/10. :(
Can check with u for bezzera, is the entry lvl machine gd enuff?

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually where can try real coffee made from those atas machines ah? Wan try try first before commit leh

Shutterbox

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
West side but dun mind going anywherw just to try first.
west side, there is tiong hoe(queenstown), suzuki coffee(boon lay)
central area, theres so many to pick. I usually go Nylon coffee or Apartment coffee
east side, is my where my usual hunt ground is

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
west side, there is tiong hoe(queenstown), suzuki coffee(boon lay)
central area, theres so many to pick. I usually go Nylon coffee or Apartment coffee
east side, is my where my usual hunt ground is
Gt any in orchard area boh?

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy coffee bean and grind then ownself pull a shot is cheaper.

I 1 kg beans -48 make about 50-65cups of coffee
You have to use up the coffee fast. Singapore so hot and humid, less then a week the unused coffee lao hong liao...
Nespresso capsule are air tight sealed.

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You have to use up the coffee fast. Singapore so hot and humid, less then a week the unused coffee lao hong liao...
Nespresso capsule are air tight sealed.
Vacuum container, standard practice.

1) 1kg beans come put 50% in freezer.
2) store all in vacuum container

fascist

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes i find starbucks capsules pretty good, actually better than nespresso ones. my fav one is the pike place capsules.
wow i thought i was the only one..

starbucks one taste more like coffee

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.