Those of you who uses Nespresso machine, where do you get your coffee capsules?

ryanlion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You have to use up the coffee fast. Singapore so hot and humid, less then a week the unused coffee lao hong liao...
Nespresso capsule are air tight sealed.
Ya I used to grind coffee beans machine type.

until my machine spoiled then i switched to nespresso. Much cleaner tbh.

mirukuboi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nespresso x Starbucks lor

most third party capsules suck. Too diluted. Some more is more ex than Nespresso

shaff12

Master Member
Reaction score
I never drink their nespresso capsules but their espresso in their outlets are all darkroast in singapore, and done in a way to make it even more bitter.

I believe their coffee are also with a lot of Robusta. Robusta produces nice crema and has a very thick body. Bad thing is 90% of the robusta out there taste very nasty. There are good ones that taste almost like Arabica and maintain the same trait with thick body though, those are the best of both world. I see Starbucks sell pure arabica beans before, i bought some to try, tbh they were like 1/10. :(

didn't know got so much knowlege in the beans.
just bought a box of starbucks, shall try it to see if can taste the difference! :coffee::coffee:

shaff12

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, grind and pull diy.

Once u get in the rabbit hole u will nv get out!!!!
able to share more?
how is pulling diy different from nespresso machine and kopitiam socks brew type?

coz thinking of upgrading to those espresso machines, need to make sure really worth it then upgrade... :LOL::LOL:

sorry, noob here...

menthol28

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I get direct from their Nespresso ap, their service really very good. Anything spoil during warranty will 1-1 change within next working day, delivered to door step no questions asked. Capsules also deliver next working day, sometimes once in awhile they will send 2-3 rolls FOC out of the blue for samplings. I think their hotline also till late night

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I get direct from their Nespresso ap, their service really very good. Anything spoil during warranty will 1-1 change within next working day, delivered to door step no questions asked. Capsules also deliver next working day, sometimes once in awhile they will send 2-3 rolls FOC out of the blue for samplings. I think their hotline also till late night

Bean to cup should always taste better if we do a fair comparison because in bean form, the coffee is better preserved.

But before you charge into Best denki and buy any machine, u must be aware of there are many genres of machines. I suggest don't buy those Delonghi/Jura/Krups machine, those are not cheap and won't produce cafe quality

TLDR: the highest tier will be the same machines used in proper cafes but those machines are huge and power hungry which you will need to use a 20amp plug similar to your air con. So in recent years, the manufacturers start downsizing the machines to counter top friendly, uses less power so you can use a normal 13amp plug. The better brands imo will be Bezzera, La Marzocco, and VBM. These three brands, have long history. Bezzera has been around since 1901 and has a wide range of systems good for home or office users. La Marzocco makes the most advance and reliable commercial machines. They are the Rolls-Royce in coffee machine.

BigBlue

Reaction score
I have both the Nespresso Creatista and the Vertuo Next. Plus a Miele Nespresso in the wall!

The traditional capsules’ prices have come down compared to when first launched. Plus now with the expired patent, there are many 3rd party options.

I usually drink 3 shots a day. So the Vertuo double espresso or even Mug options suit me well.

shaff12

Master Member
Reaction score
I find the nespresso type of capsule too small, usually need at least 2 capsules (actually most days 3 capsules) to help last me through the day.

shaff12

Master Member
Reaction score
Bean to cup should always taste better if we do a fair comparison because in bean form, the coffee is better preserved.

But before you charge into Best denki and buy any machine, u must be aware of there are many genres of machines. I suggest don't buy those Delonghi/Jura/Krups machine, those are not cheap and won't produce cafe quality

TLDR: the highest tier will be the same machines used in proper cafes but those machines are huge and power hungry which you will need to use a 20amp plug similar to your air con. So in recent years, the manufacturers start downsizing the machines to counter top friendly, uses less power so you can use a normal 13amp plug. The better brands imo will be Bezzera, La Marzocco, and VBM. These three brands, have long history. Bezzera has been around since 1901 and has a wide range of systems good for home or office users. La Marzocco makes the most advance and reliable commercial machines. They are the Rolls-Royce in coffee machine.

Krups, Delonghi are brands I see often, the price range is not low for some. Even with such price range, they wont produce quality coffee! :eek:

Those highest tier brands you mention, I have not even seen before, where to get? :ROFLMAO:
Low ses here, only go Harbee Norman or Denki for coffee machines!

Joey5555

Reaction score
ncc-colombia-it-thumb--8173--.png

this one not bad, bought from Shopee after factor in cashback very cheap

seePyou

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Buy coffee bean and grind then ownself pull a shot is cheaper.

I 1 kg beans -48 make about 50-65cups of coffee
i also like but the washing involved just for 1 cup in the morning not worth the effort

dan1982

Reaction score
Jewel coffee seems priced similar to Nespresso. Are they using plastic or aluminium capsules? May give them a try next.

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
able to share more?
how is pulling diy different from nespresso machine and kopitiam socks brew type?

coz thinking of upgrading to those espresso machines, need to make sure really worth it then upgrade... :LOL::LOL:

sorry, noob here...

the renovation sub forum gt 1 espresso thread u can go see see.

Nespresso if u wan quick fix
Kopitiam sock is gao
V60 drip to me is like tea la (no offence to anyone)

i also like but the washing involved just for 1 cup in the morning not worth the effort
Nt really much washing involve.

1) portafilter(just rinse using machine hot water)
2) milk jug
3) coffee cup

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.