Those of you who uses Nespresso machine, where do you get your coffee capsules?

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
zPc-k3gB9wjdwRpvMNTH.jpg

Remember this deceased actor? His hair all dropped is not due to make up, it's real.
He said the doctor told him his hair all dropped from aluminium poisoning. :(

Besides the various part of the capsules are made of aluminium. The inside of any coffee machines that can instant heat up with no waiting time, is using thermobloc to heat up. Which is basically a block of aluminium thats heats up and your water goes through to warm up.

Shutterbox

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any shifu can recommend budget expresso machine for home use?
I read the gaggia classic like not bad, but price in sg already ard 900.

strife2

Master Member
Reaction score
buy from nespresso online lor... see got sale get the cheapo ones
bundle tgr with the descaling liquid and make over $60 to enjoy free shipping~

shaff12

Master Member
Reaction score
zPc-k3gB9wjdwRpvMNTH.jpg

Remember this deceased actor? His hair all dropped is not due to make up, it's real.
He said the doctor told him his hair all dropped from aluminium poisoning. :(

Besides the various part of the capsules are made of aluminium. The inside of any coffee machines that can instant heat up with no waiting time, is using thermobloc to heat up. Which is basically a block of aluminium thats heats up and your water goes through to warm up.

means my hair loss problem is due to my nespresso drinking! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::eek:

shaff12

Master Member
Reaction score
i also like but the washing involved just for 1 cup in the morning not worth the effort
yes, those need put own coffee powder type feels messy, the powder also sprinkle all over the table blow on the floor.

if morning in a rush, nespresso is still faster.

but on weekends, or rest days, is really therapeutic to grind own coffee beans, then put the powder into the porta, see the espresso drip out. (y)

but heard that the caffeine from such high pressurize machines extracted is much higher compared to just normal hot water brew.

lately into cold brew too, color looks so light and taste... lol.....
not so sure why so popular nowadays :ROFLMAO:

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gaggia classic is a single boiler, that's a very ancient machine.
Don't think have auto water refill and can't extract and steam milk at the same time, steam also very weak.

Nowadays, get a heat exchanger best, start up as fast, good steam, can extract + froth at same time

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes, those need put own coffee powder type feels messy, the powder also sprinkle all over the table blow on the floor.

if morning in a rush, nespresso is still faster.

but on weekends, or rest days, is really therapeutic to grind own coffee beans, then put the powder into the porta, see the espresso drip out. (y)

but heard that the caffeine from such high pressurize machines extracted is much higher compared to just normal hot water brew.

lately into cold brew too, color looks so light and taste... lol.....
not so sure why so popular nowadays :ROFLMAO:
I on machine, 15 mins warm up.
I make my coffee + clean up, 2 minutes.

If froth milk, one more minute.
Cleaning the steam wand is definitely easier than all those milk cans with a lot of straws and hidden compartments that retain milk in automatics.

Brew normally use more coffee, if use much more, how can it be less caffeine than espresso which can be as low as 7g? Caffeine is highly soluble. :o

shaff12

Master Member
Reaction score
I on machine, 15 mins warm up.
I make my coffee + clean up, 2 minutes.

If froth milk, one more minute.
Cleaning the steam wand is definitely easier than all those milk cans with a lot of straws and hidden compartments that retain milk in automatics.

Brew normally use more coffee, if use much more, how can it be less caffeine than espresso which can be as low as 7g? Caffeine is highly soluble. :o

I heard only, so not so sure on the caffeine part. But heard is due to the extraction method, for same amount of coffee powder, high pressure extraction is more caffeine, say compared to normal hot water brew is lesser.

Must go read up more to understand.
Caffeine mess up my sleep... :LOL::LOL:

Shutterbox

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gaggia classic is a single boiler, that's a very ancient machine.
Don't think have auto water refill and can't extract and steam milk at the same time, steam also very weak.

Nowadays, get a heat exchanger best, start up as fast, good steam, can extract + froth at same time
U got recommendations for the HE set up?

shaff12

Master Member
Reaction score
Which Starbucks one is the flavour used in their latte?

now with the starbucks home range, we can have starbucks coffee easily at home.
where to get the other ingredients to further up the level of our home diy coffee?
like those flavors or syrup they drizzle on top of the whip cream.

thinking to diy a halloween theme coffee at home too with starbucks nespresso... :LOL: :LOL:

win_man

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If vertuo cannot use the starbucks type which model better? Wanna hoot one for BF

cloudnim

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You have to use up the coffee fast. Singapore so hot and humid, less then a week the unused coffee lao hong liao...
Nespresso capsule are air tight sealed.
Ya the powder absorb in other odor, lao hong not nice.

randyap

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've tried most alternatives capsules already, stick to nespresso ba. Recently i tried another one from Coffee Academia which is double the price but turns out to be lackluster, they use paper for the sealing instead of aluminium. :sick:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.