Those who got terrapins please come in..

yourmotherdie

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys Turtle is sea turtle. Terrapins are the common ones you have in SG. Tortoise only live on land - cannot swim at all one and grows very big.

yourmotherdie

Banned
Reaction score
Anyway i have a terrapin that i have for 2 years already and it’s still the same size. Because it has fungal infection and the shell white white one. Anyone knows a good medicine to treat it properly without bringing to a vet? Please help

Alex.hero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway i have a terrapin that i have for 2 years already and it’s still the same size. Because it has fungal infection and the shell white white one. Anyone knows a good medicine to treat it properly without bringing to a vet? Please help

Must buy some solution from Watson i think... Pink colour type. Den put on cotton bud and slowly place it on turtle shell. U will have bad smell from it. Need to let it be out of water for maybe 1 or 2 hours and use heat lamp

yourmotherdie

Banned
Reaction score
Must buy some solution from Watson i think... Pink colour type. Den put on cotton bud and slowly place it on turtle shell. U will have bad smell from it. Need to let it be out of water for maybe 1 or 2 hours and use heat lamp

Really watsons?! Wah ok thank you!

Alex.hero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need to google.. Its a pink type of solution that is supposed to remove bacteria type of wash. Each pkt about one dollar plus i think

gabrielkohsm@gmail.com

Reaction score
Anyone know if these kind of "UVB Blubs" are sufficient for terrapins to bask?

lazada.sg/81189730.html

or do i need to get those brands like ZooMed kind?

icyboiboi

Reaction score
Did anyone lost their RES ?
I found 1 infront of my door yesterday. I stayed in Senja Gateway.

I already posted in lost found Facebook. Trying my luck here too.....

If not please advise what I should do

kreja

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys, can a fluval fx6 take care of all the poop load for 1 20cm turtle in a 4ft tank?

Davidkoh1989

Reaction score
Guys, just curious did anyone encounter such turtle before?

I have a female res, 5 years old. She would stop eating for 3-4 weeks. Then she will slowly pick up her appetite and eat like siao for 1 week. After that she will lose appetite for another 3-4 weeks and the cycle repeats. This happen last year during April-August period I guess.

Yes she has laid eggs before, 4 years ago, but since, I have separated her away from the male and she stopped laying eggs.

Is this normal?

kreja

Master Member
Reaction score
After some lotion .. its back to normal.
But recently l feed small pcs of Salmon for 2 times , now refuse to eat pellets liao . Normal ?

how old? er... is your terrapin a red eared slider? dont think they eat salmon in the wild

mahjong saint

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
XOJFhPPl.jpg

I move house 1.5year ago. It is now in open area. Sometimes I pour rain water to top up the tank. Filter is turn 24hr. The trick is reasonable clean water and running filter 24hour. I have never wash the tank before. I only wash the filter regular.

beautiful...

ever thought of expanding it?

Poor old man

Suspended
Reaction score
this one is probably afew mth old. buy those turtle pellet food from petshop n feed it?

Now refuse to eat pellet liao .. only take fillet and prawn meat . I starve it for 2 days and its keep scratch the tank for attention . Guess maybe its from the wild ..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.