Those who use digital lock lip lai

Slavor

Reaction score
For resales HDB with 4x7ft door, anyone managed to install A100/D100 lock?
The handle from metal gate will likely hit the handle of main door.

1 disadvantage of D100 seems to be the rechargeable battery. Hard to find replacement
Wah you generalise too much lah, where got any and every resale flat will have the same gate clearance lol.

funnycow

Master Member
Reaction score
i think best is to take measurements of the space allowance between gate and door now.
and also take note of the handle position. take photos or what, check with the lock seller?

needsomeadvice

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but it might not support google home? If u r ok w just the general function shld be fine.

also the hassle of sending the lock back to china if there is defects.
Read the previous few pages liao, there was some discussion on it... Thanks!

TMBagain

Reaction score
They are two different products (with similar specs). The difference might matter to some (or at some point).

PS. Only the successful tells the stories but not those who perished in problems .. like in wars.

ayaamane

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm currently looking for digital door & gate lock that has both synchronized unlock and google home integration, so far I only found these two brands (Eazea & Zeus). I'm interested in the Eazea Tab 2.0+Tab-G 2.0 combo as it is on the cheaper end compared to Zeus offering. Anyone mind sharing their take on the brand, model, etc.?

HZYiLong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Update, in the end I went for EasyKey 9200 instead. I was surprised that EasyKey 702E can’t unlock remotely despite having Wi-Fi, it can only use the app to manage pins, fingerprints and cards.
Had it installed a week ago, my Sis who experienced with Epic 3G (at in-law house) like how responsive the fingerprint reader was on Philips EasyKey 9200 and 5100-K.

I opted for the WiFi function as well, the connection was stable, the notifications were sent to me real-time even when I’m outdoor. I also tried the app unlocking, quite pleased with the result. I also like how easy the credential management was on the app, setting up new fingerprint, card and pin code is a breeze.

If there’s one thing I had to pick on is the depth of the digital locks. Initially, I had chosen a gate design that both digital locks would be stacked back-to-back in the middle. But due to the door to gate depth limitation (HDB built in 90s), the gate had be extended forward to a point that is floating in the air as my house flooring is raised.

Glad the salesperson suggested us to change the gate design, so to have the digital locks placed up and down. Overall, I was very happy how everything turned out as expected!

tingsters

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Had it installed a week ago, my Sis who experienced with Epic 3G (at in-law house) like how responsive the fingerprint reader was on Philips EasyKey 9200 and 5100-K.

I opted for the WiFi function as well, the connection was stable, the notifications were sent to me real-time even when I’m outdoor. I also tried the app unlocking, quite pleased with the result. I also like how easy the credential management was on the app, setting up new fingerprint, card and pin code is a breeze.

If there’s one thing I had to pick on is the depth of the digital locks. Initially, I had chosen a gate design that both digital locks would be stacked back-to-back in the middle. But due to the door to gate depth limitation (HDB built in 90s), the gate had be extended forward to a point that is floating in the air as my house flooring is raised.

Glad the salesperson suggested us to change the gate design, so to have the digital locks placed up and down. Overall, I was very happy how everything turned out as expected!
where do u get tis philip easykey bro?

Dan10

Reaction score
Hi, got a newbie question. If a digital lock is spoilt and we cannot find the same to replace, does that mean i may have to change the wooden door cos the holes/ mechanism is different? It would be expensive to have to change the door but yet, i would not one to see screw holes etc from the old lock on the door exposed if the new lock does not cover them.

What sort of lock should i choose to have easiest compatibility with other models so that the chances are higher to find a replacement without having to change my door?

I checked out the Philips easykey 9200 mentioned above. It comes with three deadbolt locks ... would it be hard to find something similar to replace this next time if Philips stop making it...

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hi, got a newbie question. If a digital lock is spoilt and we cannot find the same to replace, does that mean i may have to change the wooden door cos the holes/ mechanism is different? It would be expensive to have to change the door but yet, i would not one to see screw holes etc from the old lock on the door exposed if the new lock does not cover them.

What sort of lock should i choose to have easiest compatibility with other models so that the chances are higher to find a replacement without having to change my door?

I checked out the Philips easykey 9200 mentioned above. It comes with three deadbolt locks ... would it be hard to find something similar to replace this next time if Philips stop making it...
The installers should help you patch those holes up. They will have to "open" up more holes in your door if the new lock needs them.

Well at least that's what happened to mine.. then again my D100 is so big that it covers at least 99% of the previous lock together with opening up more space for the D100 to fit.

Oh.. if you are changing to a smaller lock.... maybe you might have to change doors..

HZYiLong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

For Philips brand, as much as I know is that the company still support the servicing and still manufacturing these digital locks. Initially I wanted to go for Samsung digital locks, but found out that Samsung SDS no longer manufacture these digital locks. The warranty is also likely provided by the store, not Samsung SDS direct.

So replacing Philips digital locks shouldn’t be a problem down the road. But do bear in mind that Philips digital locks (those longer design), it requires quite a few holes. I was told by the installer that in the future I can only upgrade to Philips EasyKey 9300, and other brands might not cover the holes (worst case scenario is to change the wooden door).

If you’re concerned with the holes, I would suggest looking at those digital locks that the mechanism aren’t installed inside the wooden door. Like Philips EasyKey 5100, KeyWe Damian, Epic 6G, Eazea Touch+, Kaadas R6 or any other digital locks that locks externally.

adrwong

Reaction score
hello, can I check for those who are using TT Lock app whom have linked up to google home app, I had an issue when my locks in my google home app shows offline Yesterday so I try to delink and relink again but unfortunately I could not relink again as it shows “something went wrong, pls try again later” . This is under ScienerSmart when linking to google home. Anyone facing the same issues? Could it be the ScienerSmart Server issues? Previously I could link it with no issues.
Thanks!!

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What you all feel about digital lock with built in battery vs using 8x AA batteries? looking at Luxus Slim Digital Door Lock

The_Flash

Master Member
Reaction score
Seeing the lack of options for a smart gate lock, any recommendations for digital gate locks with very reliable and fast response fingerprint reader? Would be ideal if it comes with a manual key override as well. Intending to get the A100 for door.

TMBagain

Reaction score
What you all feel about digital lock with built in battery vs using 8x AA batteries? looking at Luxus Slim Digital Door Lock
The brand and the local company are new (last year or so?), in my opinion. There are many now in the market as compared to a decade back. Some (more) will come and some have to go (or re-appear as a new slate/company, wiping out any liabilities). In this case, the built-in (cannot be removed?) battery is used to power the entire lock, so failure disable the entire lock. This is unlike some others where the non essential functions (eg. camera) are powered from rechargeable (and still removable) and the critical functions are powered by AA batteries. Assume worse case scenario ( built in battery not replaceable and faulty and the company did not last). So it comes down to one's risk tolerance.

PS. FWIW, that model has a China ODM footprint and an odd (?) inverted (upside down) body on the inner side that I don't quite understand.

PS. I comment what is not apparent in a marketing brochure. If it does not add value to your assessment, just ignore my post. We don't have to agree.

Last edited:

The_Flash

Master Member
Reaction score
Just went to An digital lock to check out the available gate locks. Discovered a brand I didn't hear of before - Solity. Costs $699, more expensive compared to the philips 5100k ($599) and the kadaas/hafele ($539). But the Solity had some features we liked. Dual fingerprint - choice to use fingerprint to open gate from inside instead of remote. It's manual key override is small enough, together with it's slim profile to use from the outside (my door and gate are quite close), should the lock fail. Lastly, the response time to the remote is noticeably faster than the other 3. Probably just miliseconds, but still noticeable. Now considering if we're willing to pay the premium for these benefits.

Anyone else with experience with Solity?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.