Thread all abt ROLEX - Part 2

snowblaze

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just buy from grey, the Rolex price crashing down and will continue to go down this year.

Damienic

Reaction score
The "wait" list is an illusion - it's nothing more than an interest list; and without a decent purchase history (of lesser brands), we are unlikely to ever get any allocation :confused:
I went down to my AD on Sunday to take a look at the 2022 Novelties. Then as I was waiting to be served, over heard a walk in customer chatting with one of the sales person, saying “thank you for confirming me in the interest list, I really can’t wait to start the journey with your boutique. Look forward to your call and good news soon”. He really is super optimistic of getting that call 😂

Sty_123

Reaction score
I went down to my AD on Sunday to take a look at the 2022 Novelties. Then as I was waiting to be served, over heard a walk in customer chatting with one of the sales person, saying “thank you for confirming me in the interest list, I really can’t wait to start the journey with your boutique. Look forward to your call and good news soon”. He really is super optimistic of getting that call 😂
Talk until so nice also no use. Just a joke to the AD and those that know the situation well. As for starting the journey with the boutique by buying his Rolex? Than it will never happen. If he cant wait to start the journey, he can always start by buying other watches with them first mah. :)

Sty_123

Reaction score
Just buy from grey, the Rolex price crashing down and will continue to go down this year.
Crash....I dont think so. But dropping yes. Not forgetting that the prices for Rolex rise too fast from 2021 to 2022. With the relax of the covit situation now, there is more places to spend money so demand will not be so high.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha, you mean at WP or KHH ah... ya must make time down to see Danny and Max liao. Many post on FB thanks the heavens and the earth liao.

Damienic

Reaction score
Talk until so nice also no use. Just a joke to the AD and those that know the situation well. As for starting the journey with the boutique by buying his Rolex? Than it will never happen. If he cant wait to start the journey, he can always start by buying other watches with them first mah. :)
The sales rep of the AD usually does not inform a walk in customer upfront that he or she will need to buy a non Rolex to “start journey” but will readily agree to add the customer in “interest list”. As we all know, they will never call the names on the interest list to follow up. I get from the tone of that customer he really felt he genuinely got the chance and might just get that call from the AD some months down the road.

When I first started, I knew what the “game” was like and straight away asked my AD how it works (this journey thing). Indeed they would not proactively tell customers they need to buy other watches to start / continue journey, until to the stage where the customer probe further. In the beginning, I was still allowed to purchase a classic Rolex model for submission to be allocated a popular Rolex sports model. Then the requirements changed when even classic Rolex models became short in supply.

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Crash....I dont think so. But dropping yes. Not forgetting that the prices for Rolex rise too fast from 2021 to 2022. With the relax of the covit situation now, there is more places to spend money so demand will not be so high.
Plus crypto currencies mostly tanked from their peaks

I am guessing that there are a lot less crypto millionaires out there now

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cash to buy off the grey market, don't waste time at AD unless you are willing to wait.

it's always and will be a zero sum game
you can count, AD also can count
Quite true

My last 2 Rolexes were from the gray market as I did the math and not worth waiting and playing AD's game

Anyway, another brand AD even more upfront - if I want that little doggy watch, just plonk down 45k on the table to get allocation

o0KelviN0o

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quite true

My last 2 Rolexes were from the gray market as I did the math and not worth waiting and playing AD's game

Anyway, another brand AD even more upfront - if I want that little doggy watch, just plonk down 45k on the table to get allocation

AD-C???????

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quite true

Lol ya. Knn buy the shitter already still must wait. Flip the shitter still will kena ban.
Cock

Damienic

Reaction score
Quite true

Ahhhh the doggy watch....I wrote to the boutique previously, about 2 years ago to enquire. They told me that they no longer take in any wait list for that watch and say that my name will be placed in the “interest list” and should any piece become available, then they will contact me. Needless to say, they didn’t contact even 2 years later. Haha. And yeah, I was told by another friend later that if I have 45-50k to spend at one shot on same brand as the doggy watch, then I will get an immediate allocation. No la, despite I was ready to play the AD waiting game, this is just too much for me, I’m not ready to spend that amount on watches of that brand just to get the doggy watch. There are still many other models worth buying out there which does not require to spend that much on watches with poor resale value.

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh the doggy watch....I wrote to the boutique previously, about 2 years ago to enquire. They told me that they no longer take in any wait list for that watch and say that my name will be placed in the “interest list” and should any piece become available, then they will contact me. Needless to say, they didn’t contact even 2 years later. Haha. And yeah, I was told by another friend later that if I have 45-50k to spend at one shot on same brand as the doggy watch, then I will get an immediate allocation. No la, despite I was ready to play the AD waiting game, this is just too much for me, I’m not ready to spend that amount on watches of that brand just to get the doggy watch. There are still many other models worth buying out there which does not require to spend that much on watches with poor resale value.
Yup, won't move one that interest list :ROFLMAO:

Your friend is correct - pay that amount and instantly get allocation but I did a simple calculation (could be wrong) - if I lose 10k (2k x 5 pieces) on other models, my "actual" cost is still 24.5k vs 45k gray

More troublesome to offload 5 pieces of watches I don't want, but at least I still "save" 20k

Am I looking at this correctly?

rlskyline

Reaction score

Your friend is correct - pay that amount and instantly get allocation but I did a simple calculation (could be wrong) - if I lose 10k (2k x 5 pieces) on other models, my "actual" cost is still 24.5k vs 45k gray

More troublesome to offload 5 pieces of watches I don't want, but at least I still "save" 20k

early this month. I saw 2 sellers on carousell selling the doggy at 20k and 21k. quite good deal

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
early this month. I saw 2 sellers on carousell selling the doggy at 20k and 21k. quite good deal
I rather not deal on carousell - hard to buy the seller :unsure:

There are fakes for the doggy liao

Damienic

Reaction score

Hmmm, I think you might lose 15k (3k x 5 pieces) on the other models, so your cost is 29.5k vs 45k. You still save. I’m still not doing it because it is too much hassle to try and sell 5 watches which i do not want. I did it for my Hublot and lose nearly 5k but that’s just the incomvenience of selling one watch compared to five watches. 😆
Or another way is buy just one piece of the other watch, the full gold 50 year anniversary which is about 50k I think and I think the loss is still around 15k or so. 🤣

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I think you might lose 15k (3k x 5 pieces) on the other models, so your cost is 29.5k vs 45k. You still save. I’m still not doing it because it is too much hassle to try and sell 5 watches which i do not want. I did it for my Hublot and lose nearly 5k but that’s just the incomvenience of selling one watch compared to five watches. 😆
Or another way is buy just one piece of the other watch, the full gold 50 year anniversary which is about 50k I think and I think the loss is still around 15k or so. 🤣
Yup, it boils down to how much i want that watch but I don't think I want it all that much at nearly 30k o_O

But for a flipper, they will probably do it (still easily 10+k) for them with the correct connections

nbsswap

Reaction score
Aiyah if y’all can calculate how much paper loss for non-Rolexes + paper gain for the sports, the AD can definitely calculate better than you. It’s their bread and butter. End of the day, u won’t save by pairing at the AD. Prices are coming down, just go grey 😄

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.