Time needed to RMA Gigabyte Aorus Motherboard

2wiremodem

Reaction score
Hi everyone, recently I have sent in my Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite motherboard for RMA and was told would need to wait 4-8 weeks for the repair.

Just wanted to ask if anyone had any experience with them fixing it earlier than expected during Covid times?

The motherboard failed after I changed my cooling fan, not sure if its me who had shorted the motherboard by attaching anything wrongly.

tsteo77

Reaction score
Hi everyone, recently I have sent in my Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite motherboard for RMA and was told would need to wait 4-8 weeks for the repair.

Just wanted to ask if anyone had any experience with them fixing it earlier than expected during Covid times?

The motherboard failed after I changed my cooling fan, not sure if its me who had shorted the motherboard by attaching anything wrongly.
Reading this, i assume you did not off the main power supply, discharge current and ground yourself while replacing
cooling fan ?

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my Aorus Pro Wifi bluetooth module seems spoilt as well as suddenly system cannot detect.

Lazy to RMA so used an external dongle for the BT features.

poooooo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even before covid this is the protocol if they need to sent back to whatever country to repair. They will loan you a spare board to use usually.

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my Aorus Pro Wifi bluetooth module seems spoilt as well as suddenly system cannot detect.

Lazy to RMA so used an external dongle for the BT features.
Try unplugging the power cord, holding the power button for ~10 seconds to discharge remaining electricity, then power back on.

Seems like a common fault among Gigabyte board owners based on my previous search, including myself (B550I Pro AX).

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually the things that can go wrong when changing things like CPU cooler,
1. Over flexing the motherboard - This can happen if you use too much force to install or remove the cooler. Otherwise, you may have over tighten the screws on the mounting.

2. Accidental scratching on the board - Those fine tracing on the board if damaged may result in the board failing

3. Killed by electrostatic - To me, this is less of a problem in Singapore generally. At least I've never killed anything due to electrostatic over the decades. But if the room that you are fixing the PC is air-conditioned, then there is a slight chance.

The chances of killing the board due to connecting the fan header to something wrong is unlikely. First the header is made in such a way that it only fits the fan or pump header. In any case, since you have sent it in, let them go fix it. If any issues, CDL would inform you.

2wiremodem

Reaction score
buy a new one. when it come back sell it away.
I thought about this as well, but I have kinda forgotten what's included in the packaging for the motherboard. I am worried that I might shortchange buyers by giving lesser screws or something.

Second, but most important point is gf said I'm not allowed to get another board. I need to pay the price for my own mistakes hahahahaha

Reading this, i assume you did not off the main power supply, discharge current and ground yourself while replacing
cooling fan ?
I did power off everything, even removing the power supply from the psu. Grounding myself properly.
What I did was remove the two ID-Cooling fans from my Radiator and move it to the front panel.
Removed the front panel's fan and threw them away.
Add new fans and attach them back to my radiator.

I might have screwed up by trying to use multiple hubs. I already have an ID cooling Fan+ARGB hub.
Then the new DeepCool Fans that I bought cannot use my existing hub for the RGB, so had to use its own hub.
Maybe when connecting all these fans, argb connectors to the hub and motherboard might have shorted a small part of it.
Even before covid this is the protocol if they need to sent back to whatever country to repair. They will loan you a spare board to use usually.
I see, i just didn't expect a 4-8 weeks lead time. When they mentioned warehouse, i thought they have a warehouse in Singapore that does repairs hahahaha. No mention of a spare board, but i wouldn't use a spare board too.
1. Over flexing the motherboard - This can happen if you use too much force to install or remove the cooler. Otherwise, you may have over tighten the screws on the mounting.

2. Accidental scratching on the board - Those fine tracing on the board if damaged may result in the board failing

3. Killed by electrostatic - To me, this is less of a problem in Singapore generally. At least I've never killed anything due to electrostatic over the decades. But if the room that you are fixing the PC is air-conditioned, then there is a slight chance.

The chances of killing the board due to connecting the fan header to something wrong is unlikely. First the header is made in such a way that it only fits the fan or pump header. In any case, since you have sent it in, let them go fix it. If any issues, CDL would inform you.
I was using the ID Cooling auraflow 240. I just wanted to change the fans because it was creating this metal rattling sound whenever RPM goes between 1200-1400RPM. The sound doesn't come when its below are after the RPMs.

Maybe I screw up on the daisy chain and didn't insert those 5V or 12V rgb headers properly?

Based on their testing, the motherboard is receiving power from the PSU, but it stops somewhere at the CPU area.
^^^^ this.

I have an identical Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K7 as backup in case the one in my rig goes down.
Thought about it, but not allowed to get a spare hahaha

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I agree with watzup_ken, point 3. though in Singapore you don't really have the issue with electrostatic, unless in air con room or placing pc components on carpet floor.

To prevent mishaps, always turn off and remove the power cable from the main power source to your PSU,
once done, press the power switch a couple of times to discharge the electricity completely in your system, then dismount PC components from your motherboard or the motherboard itself. This is to prevent accidental mishaps.

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try unplugging the power cord, holding the power button for ~10 seconds to discharge remaining electricity, then power back on.

Seems like a common fault among Gigabyte board owners based on my previous search, including myself (B550I Pro AX).
thanks much! it solved the issue.. first time it happened and i tot i broke the module accidentally.

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
See this thread I worry about my Aorus Pro z690.. damn should have gotten asus separately instead of the lame bundle

leongws

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks much! it solved the issue.. first time it happened and i tot i broke the module accidentally.
Do check whether ERP is enable in BIOS. Once enabled, it will cause bluetooth / wifi to suddenly be undetected.
I disabled this settings

Outramkia

Master Member
Reaction score
I rmaed my x570 aorus pro wifi i think a week after cny 2020. Went on a Saturday. Nobody else was there to rma except me. Approached the tech and he tried to troubleshoot while i waited at the sofa outside. Nearly an hour later he said he couldn't fix the board and replaced my board with a working one. I was not particular if it's new or not because at that stage I'd be glad if the board was working. Till now it's still working. My board suddenly couldn't boot but fan was running. No display at post i think.

2wiremodem

Reaction score
I rmaed my x570 aorus pro wifi i think a week after cny 2020. Went on a Saturday. Nobody else was there to rma except me. Approached the tech and he tried to troubleshoot while i waited at the sofa outside. Nearly an hour later he said he couldn't fix the board and replaced my board with a working one. I was not particular if it's new or not because at that stage I'd be glad if the board was working. Till now it's still working. My board suddenly couldn't boot but fan was running. No display at post i think.
Wah not bad leh, they managed to get a replacement for you. At least dont have to wait 4-8 weeks.

Reaction score
cooling fan ?

wah..............looks like i really dodged the bullet................twice.........

i only put the PC to sleep and i put in new case fans liao..........twice.............

cheekies

Reaction score
Why would anyone deal with or handle any electrical parts or components without first cutting off the electricity is really beyond my imagination.:unsure::unsure:

Kegler

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I never buy locally for warranty for the last 10yrs…. I realised local distributors either locate at some ulu ulu building or takes too long for rma… happier to save the few bucks and just buy a new one when spoilt

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.