Tips for getting the best Wi-Fi experience

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Which is better? Wired or WiFi?

As shown in the comparison table below, the speed you experience on your fibre broadband connection is dependent on whether you are on a wired or WiFi connection.

WiFi connections have limitations due to its nature and you may only experience up to 230Mbps, depending on your router and device capabilities.

kkf3oFY.png

Although we strive to provide the best WiFi experience possible, we strongly recommend a wired connection to optimise your fibre broadband connection because:

Wired connections are fast and consistent. When downloading/uploading through wired connections, data are transferred on faster and consistent speed throughout the day, even for bandwidth-intensive activities (gaming, video streaming, file sharing, etc).

kero89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In before the rest of the world.

Featured sponsor : Singtel

Hello!

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Is your home optimised to provide quality WiFi connection?

We understand the importance of good WiFi coverage at home. That’s why we strive to provide top quality wireless routers with efficient WiFi capabilities. However, due to the constraints of WiFi technology, you may not have sufficient coverage if your house is large or if the layout of your house is unfavourable to WiFi signal transmission.

Your router should be placed in a central location to maximise coverage.

4-5 room or bigger flats

You may experience weak WiFi signal at some locations. This is because WiFi signal weakens over distance and when passing through thick structures like walls. WiFi coverage may be further weakened if the layout of your house is L or I-shaped, where certain rooms are located far away from the router and blocked by long corridors or multiple walls. We highly recommend our WiFi solutions to ensure good connectivity in your home, especially our WiFi mesh.

B7puNkw.jpg

Has anyone tried our Singtel WiFi mesh? Share your experience with us!

joshuaho

Reaction score
What happens if the LAN port in my room is down? Guess something happened to it.. Unable to get a connection..

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What happens if the LAN port in my room is down? Guess something happened to it.. Unable to get a connection..

If its down, shouldnt you fix it?

But usually it wont spoil unless you keeps disconnecting the cable from it..

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Singtel WiFi Mesh

We have received several questions about WiFi Mesh and would like to share more about its benefits with everyone here!

WiFi Mesh ensures consistent video streaming from any part of your home. It helps to ensure wider home WiFi coverage without the need for wiring or trunking. Unlike WiFi range extenders or boosters, the smart WiFi Mesh technology enables the devices to “talk” to one another to select the best wireless transmission path for your device from any corner of your home. With band steering capabilities, it switches your device to the optimum band (2.4GHz/5GHz) whenever you move from one room to another, ensuring seamless wireless surfing. WiFi Mesh can be easily connected to a Singtel-issued router to extend WiFi coverage in your home.

On the other hand, range extenders or boosters like home plugs are more suited for boosting WiFi connection in designated rooms in the house. For better connection in an extended number of rooms, you’ll need to daisy chain the home plugs, although it may lead to poorer performance of wireless connection. Also, the SSID is different for the homeplugs, even if they are configured to have the same SSID. Lastly, since there is no AP steering, there’s no guarantee that you will be able to obtain seamless connection in all parts of your house.

AeWfhAt.jpg

Benefits of WiFi Mesh:

1. Easy, wireless setup – Just plug and play. No additional configuration or wiring is required.
  2. Better WiFi coverage – Each WiFi Mesh device expands WiFi coverage at home
  3. Stay connected constantly – Access Point and Band Steering features ensure seamless and constant connectivity to the best WiFi signal.

vazbrQj.png

hJlplQM.png

Singtel Broadband customers can purchase the WiFi Mesh at any Singtel shops and Singtel Exclusive Retailers!

For more information, visit www.Singtel.com/WiFiMesh.

Last edited:

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Is there any way I can just buy over from singtel instead of paying monthly subscription?
Hi Adi Dassler,

The WiFi Mesh units (basic dual pack consisting of two units) can only be bought via monthly installments of $10 for 24 months. Additional units are available via monthly installments of $5 for 24 months.

The WiFi Mesh units are also only for Singtel Fibre Broadband customers.

We will update the FAQ list on WiFi Mesh.

Hope this clarifies. :)

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Expert solutions to improve your WiFi connection at home

Here are some quick fixes we recommend to greatly improve and optimise your broadband connectivity at home!

Option 1: Smart WiFi network management by WiFi Mesh

NxFFlTa.png

WiFi mesh forms a WiFi network when two or more mesh nodes are within range, thus expanding your home broadband network’s wireless coverage without the need for wiring or trucking. WiFi mesh nodes should be placed a maximum of one wall apart, and in a central position for better coverage and data transmission quality.

dgEqRIE.png

Consider WiFi Mesh if you experience WiFi connectivity issues caused by the following conditions:
  • There is a long corridor at your home,
  • You are far away from the wireless router,
  • There are more than 2 concrete walls in between where you are and where the wireless router is, or
  • Your home is a multi-storey property

With the WiFi mesh, you can enjoy a multitude of benefits, including:

Reaching more places at home wirelessly
Each additional WiFi mesh node further expands the wireless coverage. You can simply add more nodes to extend your coverage, based on the size of your house.

Staying connected constantly
Mesh intelligence allows the WiFi connection of your device to be seamlessly relayed to the most optimal node available. The relay process is transparent to you, so you can enjoy fast WiFi connection as you move around in the house.

Doing more on your WiFi
WiFi mesh nodes use the 5GHz band to communicate with each other. This ensures fast connectivity throughout the coverage area. No wiring installation is required between mesh nodes.

Watching Singtel TV on more TV sets
WiFi Mesh lets you watch Singtel TV on more set-top boxes, without additional wiring.

WiFi Mesh is exclusive to Singtel! It is a plug-and-play solution for the home with devices that are pre-paired, so no installation or wiring is required. A pair of WiFi mesh units costs $10 per month on a 24-month contract. Customers living in bigger homes can consider opting for an additional unit at $5 per month on a 24-month contract! Get yours now at any Singtel Shop or Singtel Exclusive Retailer.

Option 2: Access Point to effectively extend your WiFi coverage

KxTnOaZ.png

Access Point is an additional wireless router that acts as a WiFi extender or repeater by boosting and rebroadcasting the WiFi signal to further locations. Position the access point at a strategic location with an optimised setting and your WiFi coverage can be expected to extend beyond structures such as corners, bomb shelters or zig-zag pathways. What’s more, the Access Point rebroadcasts the same WiFi network ID so you won’t need to switch to another WiFi network as you move within the extended WiFi range.

How do I get an Access Point?.

Our installers will help you install and configure the new wireless router. Also, if your home does not have existing structured cabling and data points in the correct locations, we will also install additional wiring during the surface trunking for the access point.

We hope this helps! If you are still experiencing connectivity issues, you may be facing specific location factors that can largely hinder WiFi transmission.

For more information, visit http://www1.singtel.com/personal/internet/broadband-at-home/fibre-broadband-tips.html

stairwaytoheaven

Reaction score
Advise Needed

Hi Team,

I'm using your Aztech FG7003GRV(AC) on a 300mpbs plan and am staying a a 5room HDB flat with the fiber terminal point in the living room and with two walls to my room via a wifi connection. I'm constantly getting only 10mpbs d/l speeds. Please advise if getting a Aztech wifi extender in the room before my room will better my connection speed.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Team,

I'm using your Aztech FG7003GRV(AC) on a 300mpbs plan and am staying a a 5room HDB flat with the fiber terminal point in the living room and with two walls to my room via a wifi connection. I'm constantly getting only 10mpbs d/l speeds. Please advise if getting a Aztech wifi extender in the room before my room will better my connection speed.
u can consider getting singtel WiFi mesh.

stairwaytoheaven

Reaction score
u can consider getting singtel WiFi mesh.

Thanks for the quick reply. Cost is a factor as the WiFi mesh is 10 per month over 24 months = SGD240 which is much more than a wifi extended.

Looking forward to Singtel's advise as well =).

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. Cost is a factor as the WiFi mesh is 10 per month over 24 months = SGD240 which is much more than a wifi extended.

Looking forward to Singtel's advise as well =).
Hi stairwaytoheaven,

We've dropped you a private message on this a few days ago.

Kindly check your inbox.

If you've other questions, do not hesitate to reach out to us.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How reliable are the systems?

In terms of? Wifi performance throughput is pretty consistent, able of stream singtel tv OTA, capable of handling heavy wifi traffic etc. But the units heat up when being intensively used, so need to put at locations where it's well ventilated..

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now BTO new design layout is almost like this.
After reading no one is able to feedback the mesh? The singnet below picture also does not tally. It shows the room door is open airly without blocking at all. Thus confirm the signal is good lah
Is your home optimised to provide quality WiFi connection?

We understand the importance of good WiFi coverage at home. That’s why we strive to provide top quality wireless routers with efficient WiFi capabilities. However, due to the constraints of WiFi technology, you may not have sufficient coverage if your house is large or if the layout of your house is unfavourable to WiFi signal transmission.

Your router should be placed in a central location to maximise coverage.

4-5 room or bigger flats

You may experience weak WiFi signal at some locations. This is because WiFi signal weakens over distance and when passing through thick structures like walls. WiFi coverage may be further weakened if the layout of your house is L or I-shaped, where certain rooms are located far away from the router and blocked by long corridors or multiple walls. We highly recommend our WiFi solutions to ensure good connectivity in your home, especially our WiFi mesh.

B7puNkw.jpg

Has anyone tried our Singtel WiFi mesh? Share your experience with us!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.