Travel insurance and car excess insurance

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When should I buy travel insurance and is it recommended to get the zero excess car insurance for brisbane road trip.

Thanks

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
shld get travel insurance as soon as major non-refundable cost items are committed eg) airfare

Travel insurance may also cover Rental Car Excess ... so u may not need to "pay up" for Zero Excess with Car Rental Firm in Aust ... but if anything happens, u need to pay first, then claim from TI

so depends on how much to "pay up" for that convenience

just take note of any restrictions on who is the "Driver" covered & usual exclusions

AlchemistJ19

Reaction score
Recently I see the car rental excess are around 4k upwards to 6k. Sg travel insurance the most ex one covers up to 2.5k... Delta still 3k. I'm also still considering sia. Cos the daily excess reduction is 30 bucks per day.

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently I see the car rental excess are around 4k upwards to 6k. Sg travel insurance the most ex one covers up to 2.5k... Delta still 3k. I'm also still considering sia. Cos the daily excess reduction is 30 bucks per day.
yours $30/day???
i saw mine 10 day trip, without Hertz premium insurance, the car was 700+. with the premium insurance is 2k.
i was stunned.

which sg travel insurance cover up to 2.5k?

jinmuddy

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ntuc income.
Herts is one of the most expensive. I usually use budget or avis
Depends on period and type of car. Somehow hertz was comparable for me with maximum cover of $40/day for 11 days in a carnival.

was pretty surprised too.

bladez87

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends on period and type of car. Somehow hertz was comparable for me with maximum cover of $40/day for 11 days in a carnival.

was pretty surprised too.
Is the max cover u mentioned referring to the 0 excess?

Seems like tripcover is a better deal...

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yours $30/day???
i saw mine 10 day trip, without Hertz premium insurance, the car was 700+. with the premium insurance is 2k.
i was stunned.

which sg travel insurance cover up to 2.5k?

You can consider buying a third-party rental vehicle excess insurance instead. It works like travel insurance except it cover car excess only, and its limit is very high with potentially zero excess for you.

AlchemistJ19

Reaction score
anyway, found this https://www.rentalcarprotection.com.au/
Doesn't sound legit to me initially, as it works similarly like if i owe someone money, i can borrow money from another party to pay off that guy since the rates are better. ha.

But after some research, apparently it works.. Nice, something new to me.

Any other edmwers who used similar services before?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.