Travelling Batam Indonesia

SibehHL

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wanna check, is it possible to book GrabCar from Harbourbay area ?
I was told it's a RED ZONE and can only take taxis within the area, such places like Nagoya shopping centre too.
Don't know how true is that.
Before COVID, we used to call Grab inside Harbourbay BUT instruct them to meet you at either ZEST Hotel or better still, at Batam Harbour Hotel which are a distance away from the normal taxi stand. The big fights happened in Batam Center, not HarbourBay.

aakish77

Reaction score
Before COVID, we used to call Grab inside Harbourbay BUT instruct them to meet you at either ZEST Hotel or better still, at Batam Harbour Hotel which are a distance away from the normal taxi stand. The big fights happened in Batam Center, not HarbourBay.
Hi bro,
Just came back from Harbourbay Batam.
So far, there's no fights. Grab can be taken from either Zest hotel or even outside M One hotel. In fact. You can even call one from Harbourbay residences.
A lot of taxi drivers there hogging to get passengers but they can't do anything if you chose grab. Apparently, it is completely allowed but some thugs taxi drivers probably still exist (which I have not seen one just yet) and in fact I even told them I apologize as I already got a grab as I spoke to them in Malay and the only thing told me was "next time get from us boss, prices just about the same" and I just smiled and said ok.
That's about it.
At around Grand Mall Batam, they have a dedicated place for Grab/Gojek booking.
Nagoya hill shopping centre, we took grab from outside one of the massage parlours (Eska)
So everything is pretty good.

The secret here is, be friendly to them and they'll do the same back.
Don't show off and above all be an A-hole.
Great place to relax and have a great time.
Cheers !

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.